First time upgrading since the start of date based tickets. Is the value still based on the value at time of purchase or on gate price at the time of upgrade?

We have UCT 7 day hoppers (start date of Dec 29 2019), purchased April 1st 2019 for $597.60 per ticket. Looking to upgrade to a Gold AP after blackouts.

Last edited:
First time upgrading since the start of date based tickets. Is the value still based on the value at time of purchase or on gate price at the time of upgrade?

We have UCT 7 day hoppers (start date of Dec 29 2019), purchased April 1st 2019 for $597.60 per ticket. Looking to upgrade to a Gold AP after blackouts.

Upgrade value is based on the Disney value at time when purchased (or when your ticket was "minted.")

Read Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

Please check my math:
Arriving Aug 11 - free dining package with 5 adult- 8 day park hopper tickets. We want to upgrade to 5 adult platinum passes. I figured this would cost $2888.65 plus tax.
1. Is that the correct figure I should expect?
2. What is the tax rate? So what would my total be?

Upgrade value is based on the Disney value at time when purchased (or when your ticket was "minted.")

Read Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
Thx Robo. I did read #6. Has there been a price increase on tickets since April of this year or can I use MDE to price out the “minted” value?

Please check my math:
Arriving Aug 11 - free dining package with 5 adult- 8 day park hopper tickets. We want to upgrade to 5 adult platinum passes. I figured this would cost $2888.65 plus tax.
1. Is that the correct figure I should expect?
2. What is the tax rate? So what would my total be?
For tax multiply by 1.065.

Thx Robo. I did read #6. Has there been a price increase on tickets since April of this year or can I use MDE to price out the “minted” value?

Copied from Post #6:

Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
D __
Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)

E __ Created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.

Find the full Disney current 2019 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2019 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2019 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2019 Price list.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Last edited:

Copied from Post #6:

Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __
Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
D __
Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)

E __ Created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.

Find the full Disney current 2019 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2019 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2019 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2019 Price list.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
Thank-you!

Hi,
I'm really sorry to be a pain in the bum by asking this but I've already looked through 30+ pages and had to admit defeat as I couldn't go any further haha.
I'm from the UK and have bought a 14 day MYW ticket. I was hoping to upgrade to an AP on our first night there but the annual pass price I'm seeing on the disney website is over $1,000 - is this correct?
I've read a lot that people upgrade their passes and it's only a few hundred dollars extra. I then wondered if this was because they were Florida residents and got a discount but apparently this has been the case with quite a lot of UK reports back on AP. I'm just a little confused so wondered if anyone knew exactly what I'm looking like at paying to upgrade?
Sorry for the rambling

I'm from the UK and have bought a 14 day MYW ticket. I was hoping to upgrade to an AP on our first night there but
1. the annual pass price I'm seeing on the disney website is over $1,000 - is this correct?
2. I've read a lot that people upgrade their passes and it's only a few hundred dollars extra.
3. I then wondered if this was because they were Florida residents and got a discount but apparently this has been the case with quite a lot of UK reports back on AP. I'm just a little confused
4. so wondered if anyone knew exactly what I'm looking like at paying to upgrade?
1. Yes.
2. For one thing, APs (and regular tickets) used to be a lot less expensive.
3. Depends on what posts you've read.
4. The cost to upgrade is (basically) subtracting the full cost of the ticket that you HAVE
from the full cost of the ticket that you WANT...
and paying that difference amount for the upgrade.

When did you buy your ticket, and how much did you pay for it (roughly) in US Dollars?

1. Yes.
2. For one thing, APs (and regular tickets) used to be a lot less expensive.
3. Depends on what posts you've read.
4. The cost to upgrade is (basically) subtracting the full cost of the ticket that you HAVE
from the full cost of the ticket that you WANT...
and paying that difference amount for the upgrade.

When did you buy your ticket, and how much did you pay for it (roughly) in US Dollars?
Thank you for answering my queries. Wouldn't know what it is in dollars but each ticket was £438 and bought in April this year.

Figure that your tickets are "worth" approximately $530.00 US, so subtract that amount from the US cost of the AP that you want... and that would be the amount you would pay (subject to fluctuating exchange rates) to upgrade.

(All prices/calculations need to include 6.5% FL sales tax.)

Figure that your tickets are "worth" approximately $530.00 US, so subtract that amount from the US cost of the AP that you want... and that would be the amount you would pay (subject to fluctuating exchange rates) to upgrade.

(All prices/calculations need to include 6.5% FL sales tax.)
Thank you again

If I have 4 day park hopper tickets purchased for my kids, is there any way to "downgrade" them to a 4 day FL resident ticket (not in person, but online?)

Or, can I upgrade that non-resident 4 day park hopper ticket to a FL resident AP (online?)

1. If I have 4 day park hopper tickets purchased for my kids, is there any way to "downgrade" them to a 4 day FL resident ticket (not in person, but online?)

2. Or, can I upgrade that non-resident 4 day park hopper ticket to a FL resident AP (online?)
1. No. Once purchased, tickets cannot be downgraded.
2. You can try to call and do the upgrade-
WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Next week I plan to head to Disney Springs during my lunch break to renew mine and my wife's AP's. I will be using some unused tickets to apply towards the renewal. My question is will my wife's id suffice or will she need to be present?

Next week I plan to head to Disney Springs during my lunch break to renew mine and my wife's AP's.
1. I will be using some unused tickets to apply towards the renewal.
2. My question is will my wife's id suffice or will she need to be present?
1. Remember that you can use only one ticket per person to apply in the renewal transactions.
2. Only one of you will need to be present to do both renewals.

1. Remember that you can use only one ticket per person to apply in the renewal transactions.
2. Only one of you will need to be present to do both renewals.

Yes I have 2 tickets to apply to 2 renewals. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!