A. If that's the price quoted on the WDW site for YOUR date. (You didn't state your dates.)
B. If that's the price quoted on the WDW site.
C. Yes. (If the prices you quoted are correct.)

1. Correct.
2. Yup.
3. Good plan.
4. Sometimes, yes.
Thanks, Robo! Fingers crossed for an easy upgrade!

1. That may have happened, (I know that it HAS happened) but it was an ERROR when the CM input the date.
2. An AP activated (used) on 11/7/2019 will expire at the end of the day on 11/7/2020.
It will not be valid for use on 11/8/2020.
The dates are now determined by the WDW computer when a park is entered, so mistaken dates are much more rare than in the past.

BTW, APs do expire one day more than a full calendar year.
But, you need to note that if first use is on, say, 3/7/2015 -and- last use on 3/7/2016
would be 366 days, which IS one day more than a full calendar year.
Leap years even offer one extra day.
Do you have any idea if the expiration date is extended by one day if your first activation is after a certain time in the day? I’m now up to knowing 5 people whose APs expire one day later than the expected calendar year anniversary. Were they all that lucky to have a CM error?

1. Do you have any idea if the expiration date is extended by one day if your first activation is after a certain time in the day?
2. I’m now up to knowing 5 people whose APs expire one day later than the expected calendar year anniversary. Were they all that lucky to have a CM error?
1. No indication that I've noted.
2. I have info regarding many dates that were months off. Some where the AP was listed as expiring less than a month from activation.
Errors can be quite random.

My two trips planned with one year run:
11/7/2019-11/11/2019
11/4/2020-11/8/2020
If I activate the AP on 11/7/2019 will it def expire 11/8/2020?

If (IF) having the AP valid on 11/8/2020 is the overriding preference,
I suggest just not using the AP for the FIRST time until 11/8/2019.

In other words, choose WHICH date is more important to you.
The FIRST date, or the LAST date.

However, the way my mind works is...
I am a lot more "certain" of what I will be doing THIS year, than what I MIGHT be doing NEXT year. ;)

If (IF) having the AP valid on 11/8/2020 is the overriding preference,
I suggest just not using the AP for the FIRST time until 11/8/2019.

In other words, choose WHICH date is more important to you.
The FIRST date, or the LAST date.

However, the way my mind works is...
I am a lot more "certain" of what I will be doing THIS year, than what I MIGHT be doing NEXT year. ;)
My brain is starting to hurt and I feel I might be forcing this. BUT......my dad is moving to florida within the next two months. If we know we will attach at least one Disney visit onto visiting him in between 11/2019 and 11/2020 then it will work out. If not, I might be forcing it and I need to stop obsessing! THANK YOU!

Thanks, Robo! Fingers crossed for an easy upgrade!
Now that you can upgrade to an AP in the app, I'd try that first to see what price it gives you. I'm not sure if it works for a DVC pass. Be prepared to visit multiple guest services locations if the cast member gives you the wrong amount to bridge. If your 100% sure you want to upgrade to a DVC pass, I'd start trying earlier in your trip. I tried four different times to bridge to a DVC AP, and I had zero luck bridging with the Disney price. Please report back on your success.

Now that you can upgrade to an AP in the app, I'd try that first to see what price it gives you. I'm not sure if it works for a DVC pass. Be prepared to visit multiple guest services locations if the cast member gives you the wrong amount to bridge. If your 100% sure you want to upgrade to a DVC pass, I'd start trying earlier in your trip. I tried four different times to bridge to a DVC AP, and I had zero luck bridging with the Disney price. Please report back on your success.
The app does not give me the option to upgrade to any AP, so I’ll have to do it in the parks.

I’m aware of the challenges associated with this method, as we’ve done it a few times. We had trouble every time but once, though I was usually able to get it resolved with multiple CMs in one location. The best experience I ever had was in DHS, where they charged me less than I anticipated! It’s a royal pain, but I wasn’t sure I wanted APs when we bought the tickets, so I hope for the best!

The app does not give me the option to upgrade to any AP, so I’ll have to do it in the parks.

I’m aware of the challenges associated with this method, as we’ve done it a few times. We had trouble every time but once, though I was usually able to get it resolved with multiple CMs in one location. The best experience I ever had was in DHS, where they charged me less than I anticipated! It’s a royal pain, but I wasn’t sure I wanted APs when we bought the tickets, so I hope for the best!
I was thinking you had to be on site before the upgrade option would show up. Maybe I'm mistaken about that though.

Needing to be at WDW (maybe even at a park) is the situation when the upgrade to AP option appears in MDX that has been most often reported.

So it’s possible I can upgrade, once in the park, without going to Guest Services... if the anticipated price shows up? Has anyone been able to get a DVC Gold pass that way? ID is always required, but maybe not if everything is linked to MDX.

So it’s possible I can upgrade, once in the park, without going to Guest Services... if the anticipated price shows up? Has anyone been able to get a DVC Gold pass that way? ID is always required, but maybe not if everything is linked to MDX.
The correct "bridged" price has always been reported as the price listed for the upgrades (in the posts I've seen.)

Your ID would already be verified in your MDX, if the AP upgrade that you want appears there.
But, in order to pick up your "AP Card" you'd still need to (at some later time) go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations with a legal ID.

I have yet another question. If I purchase my kids tickets for our trip through UT - 4 day park hopper + 1 day free (5 day park hopper) and then want to turn those into a Florida Resident Annual Pass that my dad might be purchasing for them as a Florida resident, the difference is only like $20. But my dad would have to be with us on that trip to prove his residency? Is there any way around him being there? He is moving about 4 hours away. That might be an impossibility due to his health.

The correct "bridged" price has always been reported as the price listed for the upgrades (in the posts I've seen.)

Your ID would already be verified in your MDX, if the AP upgrade that you want appears there.
But, in order to pick up your "AP Card" you'd still need to (at some later time) go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations with a legal ID.
Got it. I will definitely check MDX when I get there. Thank you!

Hi folks! My family and I are heading down to see the Mouse in September. We are going to book a package through WDW website and will have 5 day PH tickets. While the family heads off on the cruise, I will be staying for one extra park day. Is it easy enough to upgrade my ticket to a 6 day PH when we are there? I don't want to have to upgrade all of our tickets, if I am the only one using the extra day.
Thanks so much
Mandy:goodvibes

Hi folks! My family and I are heading down to see the Mouse in September. We are going to book a package through WDW website and will have 5 day PH tickets. While the family heads off on the cruise, I will be staying for one extra park day. Is it easy enough to upgrade my ticket to a 6 day PH when we are there? I don't want to have to upgrade all of our tickets, if I am the only one using the extra day.
Thanks so much
Mandy:goodvibes

Its very simple, just got to any guest relations. Make sure to do it by the last day of your ticket (day 5).

Florida Resident Ticket Question -

If my in laws plan to buy tickets for the kids when they come down to visit, do the kids need to be present when the grandparent (FL resident) picks up the tickets? Also, does the grandparent need to buy their own ticket at that same time? THank you!

If my in laws plan to buy tickets for the kids when they come down to visit, do the kids need to be present when the grandparent (FL resident) picks up the tickets? Also, does the grandparent need to buy their own ticket at that same time? THank you!

I believe that FL resident tickets are ONLY available to people who are residents. I am not sure how it works with kids, but each individual ticket usually has to prove residency. For example, my aunt is a resident but she can't buy a FL resident ticket for me even if I'm going to be at the parks with her. I would have to prove FL residency to get a resident ticket.

I believe that FL resident tickets are ONLY available to people who are residents. I am not sure how it works with kids, but each individual ticket usually has to prove residency. For example, my aunt is a resident but she can't buy a FL resident ticket for me even if I'm going to be at the parks with her. I would have to prove FL residency to get a resident ticket.

They are allowed to buy for kids (under 18) who are their guests.

If my in laws plan to buy tickets for the kids when they come down to visit,
1. do the kids need to be present when the grandparent (FL resident) picks up the tickets? Also,
2. does the grandparent need to buy their own ticket at that same time? THank you!
If "the kids" are under 18 yrs old:
1. No.
2. No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter