Just be aware that there has been a lot more pushback lately, especially at MK, bridging tickets from discounters for APs. You may have to visit multiple guest services and spend a fairly large amount of your park time getting your tickets bridged. I can save more by buying disney giftcards from Kroger and getting fuel points and using those on the disney site, than I would save buying from a ticket broker, and without the headache. YMMV.
She's right. I didn't have any luck at AK or at two guest service locations bridging with the Disney price. It was a hassle. People do report that it still works, but it's really a YMMV situation.

Hello! We are looking to to do Disney in June - stay 2 or 3 nights.
We just want a 1 day ticket.
I see I can’t book a 1 day ticket as a package.
Does this mean I can’t book any fast passes either?
I plan to call and and dining plan- but if I call can they add a ticket to make it a package? I’m just not sure about fast passes. Also the ticket price is the same all 3 days we may go- do I have to pick now the day for park.

Hello! We are looking to to do Disney in June - stay 2 or 3 nights.
We just want a 1 day ticket.
I see I can’t book a 1 day ticket as a package.
Does this mean I can’t book any fast passes either?
I plan to call and and dining plan- but if I call can they add a ticket to make it a package? I’m just not sure about fast passes. Also the ticket price is the same all 3 days we may go- do I have to pick now the day for park.

I apologize that I don't understand. :guilty: You're going to be in Disney just 2 or 3 nights, and only want a ticket for one day? If so, no you cannot book a package with only a one day ticket. Fastpass is linked to your ticket and how many days you have on it. You can do FP with only a one day ticket. I believe you pick the ticket day by when you plan on checking in to the resort. When you do, it will tell you a timeframe your ticket is good for. If I'm incorrect on the picking the ticket by check-in day someone please correct me

Yes- we will just get a one day ticket. I wasn’t sure if we to to pick the day right now- for example Monday or Tuesday to go to park

Yes- we will just get a one day ticket. I wasn’t sure if we to to pick the day right now- for example Monday or Tuesday to go to park

then I'm not sure why you would need a package. A package only works to your advantage when you stay more than a set number of days. And adding dining wouldn't work either. You come out better just hitting a quick service restaurant if you're only spending a day in Disney.

Here's our situation:

My AP expires 10/3/2019. We will be in the parks on 9/16/19-9/22/19. I know I can renew APs 60 days in advance of expiration.
We have a free-dining, MYW package for 6 park hopper days on 12/9/19-12/15/19 (we booked this as a bounce-back last October).
  1. Can i use mine and my husband's MYW 6 day hoppers (for December) to renew each of our APs at a DVC renewal rate or is there no discount to renew APs for DVC?
  2. What is the best/most economical way to do this? I'm not even sure we'll use our APs that much in 2020 but I don't want to lose the ability to have TiW and other discounts associated with APs (would especially like to keep our MM since the Dec trip will include my granddaughter's first WDW trip). If we have the APs we're more likely to do a quick trip especially with the possibility of AP room discounts.
  3. Can DVC members get TiW without having APs?
Thank you for any help with this!

then I'm not sure why you would need a package. A package only works to your advantage when you stay more than a set number of days. And adding dining wouldn't work either. You come out better just hitting a quick service restaurant if you're only spending a day in Disney.
Thanks everyone- we are staying a few nights at resort.

Here's our situation:

My AP expires 10/3/2019. We will be in the parks on 9/16/19-9/22/19. I know I can renew APs 60 days in advance of expiration.
We have a free-dining, MYW package for 6 park hopper days on 12/9/19-12/15/19 (we booked this as a bounce-back last October).
  1. Can i use mine and my husband's MYW 6 day hoppers (for December) to renew each of our APs at a DVC renewal rate or is there no discount to renew APs for DVC?
  2. What is the best/most economical way to do this? I'm not even sure we'll use our APs that much in 2020 but I don't want to lose the ability to have TiW and other discounts associated with APs (would especially like to keep our MM since the Dec trip will include my granddaughter's first WDW trip). If we have the APs we're more likely to do a quick trip especially with the possibility of AP room discounts.
  3. Can DVC members get TiW without having APs?
Thank you for any help with this!

1. I know in the past there has been success renewing APs with the value of tickets. It seems like there are a bunch of reports now that people are told no or "one-time" exceptions are made. I have never done it personally. You are correct you can renew an AP 60 days early, but you can also only renew 30 days after expiration. Your free dining tickets will not be valid to use for renewal during your September trip with you October AP expiration since they are attached to a December package. This can only be attempted 12/9 and later. DVC will allow you to also purchase/renew to a gold pass with certain blackout dates. If those dates don't align with your trips, gold may be the way to go. You can also upgrade gold to platinum if you ever needed to get in during a blackout time. The DVC rates can be found here: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

2. AP discounts are very similar to DVC discounts on merchandise and dining locations. It would be redundant to renew just for this. If you really want another trip then the room discounts and admission would be a good use.

3. DVC members and AP holders are both eligible to purchase TiW for $150. You do not need to be both.

Thank you @PolyRob :thumbsup2

But wait....as a DVC Member we also qualify for "Gold Pass" even if we aren't Florida residents? That's a game changer if so!

Edited to ask another question.....so maybe in our case it's best to let the Platinum APs expire on Oct 2nd since we'll have tickets with our free dining package for the trip in December......but before our package in December expires just try to see if we can upgrade those tickets to a Gold Pass? I don't want to lose the free dining.

Last edited:
Thank you @PolyRob :thumbsup2

But wait....as a DVC Member we also qualify for "Gold Pass" even if we aren't Florida residents? That's a game changer if so!

Edited to ask another question.....so maybe in our case it's best to let the Platinum APs expire on Oct 2nd since we'll have tickets with our free dining package for the trip in December......but before our package in December expires just try to see if we can upgrade those tickets to a Gold Pass? I don't want to lose the free dining.

Yes! DVC and Florida residents qualify for the gold pass.

You can let your current APs lapse, and then upgrade the free dining ticket to the gold AP. Depending on days purchased, it would be a minimal upgrade especially because they have the park hopper option included. A new gold AP is $609 ($648.58 with tax). If you had 7-day hoppers starting on 12/9, that ticket is worth $549.37. $99.21 per person to upgrade to a new gold AP. You would just have to decide by the last day of your trip in December.

Wondering if I can get your thoughts on this?

Are there any guesses on when WDW might be announcing ticket increases? I'm curious about APs especially after what was announced for DL. I know the prices increased in October, but with SWGE opening, I'm thinking they will go up again.

I have 5 10 day base tickets from UT expiring in 12/2019. DH and I are planning on going for a few days at the end of the month and then the 5 of us in November 2019. I am considering upgrading mine and DH's to APs in January so I can buy TIW and take advantage of some of the other benefits. If the prices are expected to go up, maybe I should upgrade all 5 tickets when I'm there if I can since I may not be able to bridge UT tickets over the phone? Would the other 3 members of the family have to be present to do this?We are all connected as F&F in MDE and the e-tickets are linked.

I believe from what I've read, the AP clock only starts when the ticket is used for the first time. DH and I would start our AP clock in January and the rest of the group in November if it is even possible to do this, correct?.

Fingers crossed it's possible!

Thank you!

Wondering if I can get your thoughts on this?

Are there any guesses on when WDW might be announcing ticket increases? I'm curious about APs especially after what was announced for DL. I know the prices increased in October, but with SWGE opening, I'm thinking they will go up again.

I have 5 10 day base tickets from UT expiring in 12/2019. DH and I are planning on going for a few days at the end of the month and then the 5 of us in November 2019. I am considering upgrading mine and DH's to APs in January so I can buy TIW and take advantage of some of the other benefits. If the prices are expected to go up, maybe I should upgrade all 5 tickets when I'm there if I can since I may not be able to bridge UT tickets over the phone? Would the other 3 members of the family have to be present to do this?We are all connected as F&F in MDE and the e-tickets are linked.

I believe from what I've read, the AP clock only starts when the ticket is used for the first time. DH and I would start our AP clock in January and the rest of the group in November if it is even possible to do this, correct?.

Fingers crossed it's possible!

Thank you!
You would want to upgrade to “AP Certificates” for those who would not be present.

You would want to upgrade to “AP Certificates” for those who would not be present.

That's great, thank you for the quick reply Robo.

It's more $ than I wanted to lay out right now, but I think this is what I am going to do betting on the fact the prices are going to follow along DL % increases. Plus if there are any AP previews for GE maybe we'll be lucky to have it fall within our trip.

I plan on visiting WDW in March using regular park hopper tickets (am not currently a pass holder). I considered upgrading to AP when I am down there but am expecting AP price increases in February and after some consideration, I’m not positive when I would be able to get back down there so I’m not sure it makes the most sense right now to do that. I would like to take a few trips next year but if I upgrade in March, I’d obviously only have through March of next year which kind of limits me.

However, given that the price increases could be substantial in February, would it make sense to buy an AP sometime within the next couple of weeks and just not activate it until my next trip after the one I am taking in March? It seems like that could be a good way to lock in lower prices and then wait to use it during a window I know I’ll be able to visit a few times. Does this sound like a logical plan?

Also, just to confirm, if I purchased an AP with an active reservation containing regular tickets, it wouldn’t acknowledge my AP until I actually activate it at Guest services or a ticket booth, correct? In other words, in theory, I could take as many trips as I want using regular tickets even though I Technically purchased an AP and if I don’t decide to actually use the AP until, let’s say, 2020, this would be possible and in the meantime it would be like I don’t even have one when I enter the parks (I would likely activate it later this year, just using that as an example).

I plan on visiting WDW in March using regular park hopper tickets (am not currently a pass holder). I considered upgrading to AP when I am down there but am expecting AP price increases in February and after some consideration, I’m not positive when I would be able to get back down there so I’m not sure it makes the most sense right now to do that. I would like to take a few trips next year but
1. if I upgrade in March, I’d obviously only have through March of next year which kind of limits me.

However, given that the price increases could be substantial in February,
2. would it make sense to buy an AP sometime within the next couple of weeks and just not activate it until my next trip after the one I am taking in March? It seems like that could be a good way to lock in lower prices and then wait to use it during a window I know I’ll be able to visit a few times. Does this sound like a logical plan?

Also, just to confirm,
3. if I purchased an AP with an active reservation containing regular tickets, it wouldn’t acknowledge my AP until I actually activate it at Guest services or a ticket booth, correct?
In other words, in theory,
4. I could take as many trips as I want using regular tickets even though I Technically purchased an AP and if I don’t decide to actually use the AP until, let’s say, 2020, this would be possible and
5. in the meantime it would be like I don’t even have one when I enter the parks (I would likely activate it later this year, just using that as an example).
1. Agreed.
2. That couldn't hurt. (Except for the obvious cash outlay needed now.)
3. Correct.
4. Yes.
5. You are correct.

1. Agreed.
2. That couldn't hurt. (Except for the obvious cash outlay needed now.)
3. Correct.
4. Yes.
5. You are correct.

Thanks! It seems to me that, although certainly not cheap, the current AP could be seen as a very good deal come next month. If not next month, at some point by the end of the year.

Ok, this is such a long thread and it is hard to find exactly what I am looking for so I will just ask. :)

We are AP. It expires end of July 2019. If we were to purchase a package with *Free* dining for July, we should be able to take the cost of the tickets and renew our AP correct? If so, should we do it before using those tickets or does it not matter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter