The new information for the DL AP's say there is no renewal discount. Has that always been the case with DL AP's? Will they discontinue the renewal 15% discount for WDW AP holders?

The new information for the DL AP's say there is no renewal discount. Has that always been the case with DL AP's? Will they discontinue the renewal 15% discount for WDW AP holders?

I don’t think their Premier Passport ever offered a renewal discount, and their other passes were nominal amounts not percentages ($10-$50 depending on pass level).

I have a question Robo, and hiroMYhero suggested I post here in this forum. I'm hoping you can help either with an answer or with who I should contact about my problem. We bought our 10 day hoppers with no expiration from Shades of Green in 2012. We specifically bought the "no expiration" type because we knew we would not use the full 10 days on that trip but would want to return years later with any children we had. However, I just learned on another forum that Disney did away with the no expiration tickets in the early 2000s, so I'm worried that we don't technically have any tickets!

We have 6 hoppers (from the original 10 day hopper) left over from our 2012 trip. They specifically say "no expiration". I don't have the tickets themselves anymore because they were added to our resort card in 2012, but I do have the receipt from Shades of Green and a scan of the tickets. I don't know if they will be able to see that we still have 6 days left on each ticket. We are currently planning a trip for Feb 2020, but I couldn't link them on MDE since I only have the receipt, and the scanned tickets don't have the number MDE asks you to input. I also don't have the original resort card they were added to because our Disney hotel issued us a new card when we got stuck there for an extra 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy.

I have attached a picture of the tickets we had. Do you mind looking at it and telling me what you think? I'm really nervous now that we may not have any tickets at all! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• no expiration park hoppers.png
    no expiration park hoppers.png
    186 KB · Views: 21
I have a question Robo, and hiroMYhero suggested I post here in this forum. I'm hoping you can help either with an answer or with who I should contact about my problem. We bought our 10 day hoppers with no expiration from Shades of Green in 2012. We specifically bought the "no expiration" type because we knew we would not use the full 10 days on that trip but would want to return years later with any children we had. However, I just learned on another forum that
1. Disney did away with the no expiration tickets in the early 2000s,
2. so I'm worried that we don't technically have any tickets!

We have 6 hoppers (from the original 10 day hopper) left over from our 2012 trip. They specifically say "no expiration".
3. I don't have the tickets themselves anymore because they were added to our resort card in 2012, but I do have the receipt from Shades of Green and a scan of the tickets. I don't know if they will be able to see that we still have 6 days left on each ticket. We are currently planning a trip for Feb 2020, but I couldn't link them on MDE since I only have the receipt, and the scanned tickets don't have the number MDE asks you to input. I also don't have the original resort card they were added to because our Disney hotel issued us a new card when we got stuck there for an extra 3 days due to Hurricane Sandy.

4. I have attached a picture of the tickets we had. Do you mind looking at it and telling me what you think? I'm really nervous now that we may not have any tickets at all! Thanks so much!
1. Yes, they did.
BUT, that only means that they don't sell NEW non-expiring tickets anymore.
2. Any of those tickets that you still have are still usable at the parks.
3. For help with these tickets
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
4. Not a good idea to post photos of tickets.
Sorry,but I can't tell anything from looking at your ticket images.
You need to deal with Disney ticketing, directly.

Last edited:

I searched the first few posts, but could not find an answer to my somewhat twisted question.

We currently have AP vouchers (Christmas present) which we wanted to use for an upcoming 2020 visit. Then Free Dining came up and opened a chance to return in 2019. (Staying at Pop and getting free CS meals saves enough), but FD comes with tickets, so we opted for the 10 day ticket and save the AP voucher. After much back and forth - flights from Europe will make more sense if we stay for longer, so finally here is my question. Can we upgrade those 10 day tickets to an AP AND STILL save the voucher for next summer or can't we have an active AP and a voucher at the same time?

We currently have AP vouchers (Christmas present) which we wanted to use for an upcoming 2020 visit. Then Free Dining came up and opened a chance to return in 2019. (Staying at Pop and getting free CS meals saves enough), but FD comes with tickets, so we opted for the 10 day ticket and save the AP voucher. After much back and forth - flights from Europe will make more sense if we stay for longer, so finally here is my question.

1. Can we upgrade those 10 day tickets to an AP AND STILL save the voucher for next summer

2. or can't we have an active AP and a voucher at the same time?
1. Yes.
2. You can own multiple tickets and/or vouchers.

At this time, if never used, all new Theme Park Tickets (TPT) have an expiration date.
The date of this expiration will be shown when the ticket purchased.
Tickets currently being sold will expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2019.
However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket.

So I have two tickets in my MDE app and the family members can't come with us due to illness. They are set to expire in march 2019. So then suppose in April of 2019, how can I use the value of expired tickets to buy new tickets? Do I call, can it be done over the APP, or do I have to go to ticket services in person (Hope not!)? Thanks in advance.

So I have two tickets in my MDE app and the family members can't come with us due to illness. They are set to expire in march 2019. So then suppose in April of 2019, how can I use the value of expired tickets to buy new tickets?
1. Do I call,
2. can it be done over the APP, or
3. do I have to go to ticket services in person (Hope not!)? Thanks in advance.
1. That’s the only thing we know to do in advance, as yet.
They MIGHT allow you to upgrade that way.
2. We don’t know yet.
3. We know THAT will work.

1. That’s the only thing we know to do in advance, as yet.
They MIGHT allow you to upgrade that way.
2. We don’t know yet.
3. We know THAT will work.

Thank you! For 3. I guess the huge downside is not being able to book the FP+ at 2 month mark

1. Yes, they did.
BUT, that only means that they don't sell NEW non-expiring tickets anymore.
2. Any of those tickets that you still have are still usable at the parks.
3. For help with these tickets
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
4. Not a good idea to post photos of tickets.
Sorry,but I can't tell anything from looking at your ticket images.
You need to deal with Disney ticketing, directly.

Thanks for checking! I normally would not post tickets or similar things online, but I blacked out any identifying info on the tickets; I just wanted you to see where it said "no expiration". I will definitely be contacting WDW ticketing. Thanks again!!

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, however, I can't find. I normally purchase tickets from an approved Disney ticket broker. I then take those tickets and bridge to an AP. With the new ticket structure, has anyone bought the most discounted ticket available and bridged to an AP. For example, if the biggest savings is to buy a ticket for say a week in July, can I bridge that ticket to an AP in May?

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, however, I can't find. I normally purchase tickets from an approved Disney ticket broker. I then take those tickets and bridge to an AP. With the new ticket structure, has anyone bought the most discounted ticket available and bridged to an AP. For example, if the biggest savings is to buy a ticket for say a week in July, can I bridge that ticket to an AP in May?

You may want to consider doing the “flexible” option as it’s pricing is comparable to the most expensive weeks (a bit higher) and typically has comparable discounts.

You may want to consider doing the “flexible” option as it’s pricing is comparable to the most expensive weeks (a bit higher) and typically has comparable discounts.

My goal is to buy the ticket from the broker that as compared to Disney saves the most money. Thanks for the reply.

My goal is to buy the ticket from the broker that as compared to Disney saves the most money. Thanks for the reply.

Yes I understand - brokers such as UT and Visit Orlando sell discounted flexible date tickets that can be bridged.

Just be aware that there has been a lot more pushback lately, especially at MK, bridging tickets from discounters for APs. You may have to visit multiple guest services and spend a fairly large amount of your park time getting your tickets bridged. I can save more by buying disney giftcards from Kroger and getting fuel points and using those on the disney site, than I would save buying from a ticket broker, and without the headache. YMMV.

Just be aware that there has been a lot more pushback lately, especially at MK, bridging tickets from discounters for APs. You may have to visit multiple guest services and spend a fairly large amount of your park time getting your tickets bridged. I can save more by buying disney giftcards from Kroger and getting fuel points and using those on the disney site, than I would save buying from a ticket broker, and without the headache. YMMV.

Or just upgrade it in the app after using the ticket once to enter the park. Easy peasy. Bridged perfectly for me a few weeks ago for a new annual pass purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts