Hey y'all. We are little more than two weeks from our trip and I had a ticket question...my husband and I had annual passes and we weren't planning on renewing. We are a part of a vacation package with my husband's family that includes 8-Day PH tickets with Genie+, and we changed our mind last minute to renew our passes (just did!). So now I have an annual pass and park Tickets sitting in MDE. We want to use the tickets and not our AP's for this trip since we have them as part of our family package and G+ is included. My question is this...is there a chance that there will there be any issues with us tapping into parks, LL's, our hotel room, etc.??

I'm just worried that the tap point will not know what ticket media to read (i.e. it will read the annual pass and not the tickets). Am I worried over nothing or is this a legit concern? Usually I would think this wouldn't be a problem, but...ya know how Disney IT is... 👀
Before you enter a park for the first time, go to GR and have them prioritize the 8-day PH tickets to be used. When you enter a park, check with the CM to be sure those tickets were used. Unfortunately, even when other tickets are prioritized ahead of APs, the system doesn’t always use them, and it’s much easier to fix right away than later.

Before you enter a park for the first time, go to GR and have them prioritize the 8-day PH tickets to be used. When you enter a park, check with the CM to be sure those tickets were used. Unfortunately, even when other tickets are prioritized ahead of APs, the system doesn’t always use them, and it’s much easier to fix right away than later.
Thank you! Is this something I could also do on the phone? Or is GR the only / better way? Thanks!

Thank you! Is this something I could also do on the phone? Or is GR the only / better way? Thanks!
Unfortunately, so far as I know, going in person to GR is the only way. And sometimes there are still errors, which is why I suggest checking after you enter a park - every park - to be certain the correct ticket was used. I've read at least a couple of posts here from people who prioritized tickets, the wrong one was used, they didn't notice for quite some time (after they got home, for instance), and it took quite a lot to get it fixed. Or they did notice right away and spent additional time in GR getting it fixed.

I’m looking into buying a 1 day ticket for a day in January but for some reason the website says unavailable-you can purchase a 2 day ticket but not 1? Or it will allow me to purchase a 1 day with hopper option but not just a single day ticket?

I’m looking into buying a 1 day ticket for a day in January but for some reason the website says unavailable-you can purchase a 2 day ticket but not 1? Or it will allow me to purchase a 1 day with hopper option but not just a single day ticket?
Magic Kingdom reservations are not available for Jan. 1-3, so you can’t buy a 1-day MK ticket for those dates. All other theme parks are available so you can buy a multi-day ticket, or a 1-day for one of the other parks. Or keep checking for an MK ticket to open up.

Magic Kingdom reservations are not available for Jan. 1-3, so you can’t buy a 1-day MK ticket for those dates. All other theme parks are available so you can buy a multi-day ticket, or a 1-day for one of the other parks. Or keep checking for an MK ticket to open up.
I’m trying to buy a one day ticket for HS for 1/8 but it says unavailable-you can buy one with a hopper option but not a single day/one park ticket for some reason. I tried other dates and I’m seeing the same issue but it looks like there’s full available for all parks.

We haven’t been back to Disney since Covid. I have some of the old non-expiring base tickets that I will be wanting to use and also some seven day tickets that had dates for April 2020. We have a trip planned for May 2023. Any information on how to get these tickets changed so we can arrange Genie + also would be very much appreciated.

We haven’t been back to Disney since Covid. I have some of the old non-expiring base tickets that I will be wanting to use and also some seven day tickets that had dates for April 2020. We have a trip planned for May 2023. Any information on how to get these tickets changed so we can arrange Genie + also would be very much appreciated.
The April 2020 tickets should already be on your MDE, but you can't see them because they expired. You will need to call to get them upgraded to current dates/prices.

The older tickets will depend how old. If really old they'll need to switched to RFID tickets. You may be able to do that by emailing the front/back, or it may be easiest to do in-person. If they are more "recent" old tickets, you may be able to link the ticket numbers to MDE.

Any ticket will need a theme park reservation for use. Genie+ cannot be purchased until the day you plan to use it.

The April 2020 tickets should already be on your MDE, but you can't see them because they expired. You will need to call to get them upgraded to current dates/prices.

The older tickets will depend how old. If really old they'll need to switched to RFID tickets. You may be able to do that by emailing the front/back, or it may be easiest to do in-person. If they are more "recent" old tickets, you may be able to link the ticket numbers to MDE.

Any ticket will need a theme park reservation for use. Genie+ cannot be purchased until the day you plan to use it.
Thank you. The older ones are still in my MDE. I will call for the 2020 tickets..

We (my mom, sister and I) were given complimentary 1day park hopper tickets that expires on Sept 2023 after our MNSSHP night was cut short because of Hurricane Ian. Me and my sister have a trip planned in January and we plan to use our comp tickets during that stay. My mom has no plans on returning to WDW maybe until Dec 2023. Can this ticket be reassign or for me and my sister use it during our next stay?

We (my mom, sister and I) were given complimentary 1day park hopper tickets that expires on Sept 2023 after our MNSSHP night was cut short because of Hurricane Ian. Me and my sister have a trip planned in January and we plan to use our comp tickets during that stay. My mom has no plans on returning to WDW maybe until Dec 2023. Can this ticket be reassign or for me and my sister use it during our next stay?
You should be able to see it in MDE and know from there if you can. I was given 1 day hopper comp tickets for our 1 day of hurricane affected tickets and I was able to reassign one of them to someone else in my MDE.

Question about ticket/park reservations:

I made park reservations for our first day, but it for some reason our flight gets cancelled or majorly delayed, I’m assuming I can just modify the reservations to a different day, right? You can make last minute changes? Anything I should be aware of?

UGH! I purchased five, 6-day single park tickets to start on Jan 2 through Boardwalk Tickets. Loaded them to MDE account. Went to change my start date to Jan 1, and the price difference is over $465! When I looked at changing the start date a few weeks ago, it was only around $75. I even called WDW to make sure it wasn't a computer glitch. I know ticket pricing went up, and I purchased my tickets at a discount, but that is insane! Is this because I haven't scanned my ticket and the price "bridging" hasn't occurred?

UGH! I purchased five, 6-day single park tickets to start on Jan 2 through Boardwalk Tickets. Loaded them to MDE account. Went to change my start date to Jan 1, and the price difference is over $465! When I looked at changing the start date a few weeks ago, it was only around $75. I even called WDW to make sure it wasn't a computer glitch. I know ticket pricing went up, and I purchased my tickets at a discount, but that is insane! Is this because I haven't scanned my ticket and the price "bridging" hasn't occurred?
Yes, this is quite likely the new price increases. It IS a lot of money. When broken down by ticket and by price/day is an increase of $15.50/ticket/day. That's A LOT but is in line with recent ticket increases sadly.

Yes, this is quite likely the new price increases. It IS a lot of money. When broken down by ticket and by price/day is an increase of $15.50/ticket/day. That's A LOT but is in line with recent ticket increases sadly.
Thank you for your reply. This is yet another reason this could be our last trip. Do you imagine I will experience this same type of pricing if I decide to add a day onto my tickets AFTER entering a park, but before my last day on my tickets?

Thank you for your reply. This is yet another reason this could be our last trip. Do you imagine I will experience this same type of pricing if I decide to add a day onto my tickets AFTER entering a park, but before my last day on my tickets?
I would guess so but honestly, I'm not sure.

We have time in FL in Feb and I looked to purchase 1 day tickets on the day we arrive and it was going to cost me over $400CDN for the 1 day so it's just not going to be this time. I'll wait for a bit and take a longer trip where the cost is spread out over a number of park days. Doesn't seem to hurt quite so much that way, at least for us.

Is this because I haven't scanned my ticket and the price "bridging" hasn't occurred?
Price "bridging" in the old sense doesn't happen anymore, not since WDW moved to the date-based tickets. Your ticket is valued at the price WDW would have sold the same ticket online at the time you bought it. So if you paid $250 through an authorized reseller and WDW would have sold the ticket for $300, your value is $300. Unfortunately I think you got caught up in the new prices that went into effect earlier this month -- and you have to pay the difference. For me...I wouldn't change the date, not for that extra cost.

Last edited:
Do you imagine I will experience this same type of pricing if I decide to add a day onto my tickets AFTER entering a park, but before my last day on my tickets?
You will need to pay the difference between what you have and what you want. If you do change the date on your tickets to the Jan. 1 start date (with the extra $465), the cost to add an additional 7th day should be somewhere around $25-$30 (per ticket). But if you do not change the start date, you will still get hit with the extra cost due to the price increase earlier this month -- the system will require you to bring the full ticket up to current prices, not just the extra day.

Be aware that Jan. 2nd is currently "sold out" and you might have trouble changing to a Jan. 1 start date anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter