We have 3 day tickets bought from reputable reseller about 8-10 years ago. Our daughter and fiancé want to go with us in March but will need 4 park days. We are also going down next month just DH and me. My question is can I upgrade the 3 day tickets ahead of time for them and are they doing price bridging? Just thought if I could it would save them time and energy during a short trip. I haven’t been myself in 2 years so wasn’t sure what was going on with that. Hubby and I have APs so we are all set.

My question is can I upgrade the 3 day tickets ahead of time for them and are they doing price bridging?
You should be able to upgrade in advance, and you'll want to so you can make theme park reservations. Are the tickets already linked to MDE? You'll probably need to call, though. Since the tickets pre-date when WDW went to date-based tickets, they'll have the value of a 3-day ticket from 2016 and you'll need to pay any extra to bring it up to a current 4-day ticket for your dates. There's a link to those older price values in post#1 of this thread.

Twice in the past, I have bought regular three-day Florida resident tickets, used them on Saturday and Sunday, then upgraded to the Weekday Select or what is now called the "Pixie Dust" pass on Monday.

This is no longer allowed?

Twice in the past, I have bought regular three-day Florida resident tickets, used them on Saturday and Sunday, then upgraded to the Weekday Select or what is now called the "Pixie Dust" pass on Monday.

This is no longer allowed?
Some reports have said it is no longer allowed.
Time will tell whether this is just a short term aberration... or a new policy, in general.
Guests can always ask nicely for what they'd like.

You should be able to upgrade in advance, and you'll want to so you can make theme park reservations. Are the tickets already linked to MDE? You'll probably need to call, though. Since the tickets pre-date when WDW went to date-based tickets, they'll have the value of a 3-day ticket from 2016 and you'll need to pay any extra to bring it up to a current 4-day ticket for your dates. There's a link to those older price values in post#1 of this thread.
Thanks! I thought it might be easier to do it in person especially since I am going down next month. But, do you think it is better to call? I have heard about people waiting on hold for long times. And since I will be there a few months before the trip they are going on I figured that might make it simpler - I remember in the past the only way to upgrade tickets was in person. I did remember that we would need to pay extra to bring it up to current pricing. The other option we have are 5 day tickets - also bought years ago. But I figured it was better to save them than to waste the extra day on them.

If the question has been asked before, I apologize for repeating!

I plan on being in FL over the Christmas holidays. I will be going to AK on 12/28 for a single day and then staying in WDW 1/4 to 1/7. Could I purchase a 4 day ticket and be able to use it over that period of time? From what I am reading under the disclaimers for tickets, if I used the 4 day ticket on 12/28, I would then only have until 1/3 to use the remaining days. I thought I remembered that you had 14 days from the first day of use to use your tickets, but this may have changed. Any responses greatly appreciated.

If the question has been asked before, I apologize for repeating!

I plan on being in FL over the Christmas holidays. I will be going to AK on 12/28 for a single day and then staying in WDW 1/4 to 1/7. Could I purchase a 4 day ticket and be able to use it over that period of time? From what I am reading under the disclaimers for tickets,
1. if I used the 4 day ticket on 12/28, I would then only have until 1/3 to use the remaining days.
2. I thought I remembered that you had 14 days from the first day of use to use your tickets,
3. but this may have changed. Any responses greatly appreciated.
1. If (IF) you are not staying at a WDW resort for the entire time from 12/28 thru 1/07...
a 4-Day Ticket will be valid for any 4 days within 7 days, beginning on the start date (8 days with PH+)
2. USED to be that way.
3. Correct. Changed.
If (IF) you are staying at a WDW resort for the entire time from 12/28 thru 1/07, your ticket will be valid for any 4 days during that time.

Are you able to tickets early from a package, if you are going to upgrade to an AP? We were able to do that a few years ago. We would do this in person at a Guest Service window. Thank you.

Last edited:
Just purchased an ap online for my stay next week, the year doesn't begin ticking on the pass until the day it's used right? Not when purchased? Because it's saying it expires on October 8th on mde. I wouldn't be entering until the 17th though.

Just purchased an ap online for my stay next week, the year doesn't begin ticking on the pass until the day it's used right? Not when purchased? Because it's saying it expires on October 8th on mde. I wouldn't be entering until the 17th though.
You have 1 year from purchase to activate (first use) the AP voucher. That is the date you see right now. Once activated, the AP will expire 12-months from then and the expiration date will adjust accordingly. If you don’t end up activating the AP within a year of purchasing it, you’ll have a credit towards purchasing a new AP. No more buying far in advance and holding for years to beat price price increases.

I purchased 5 day park hopper tickets for a planned trip in February 2022 from a 3rd party ticket seller (UT) in March 2021. They have been in my MDE now for several months. The hard tickets have my trip dates on then, but the cards themselves are dated 9/15/17.
We are most likely going to delay our trip until November of next year. There are 4 adult tickets, but I didn’t get a child ticket because she would be under 3 during February. But in November she will be over 3. One of the adults is no longer going, so I was going to see if I could apply the cost of the expired adult ticket towards the new child ticket. (hope you’re still reading this!)
My question is how do I go about applying the cost of these tickets, that will be expired, to new ones. Will Guest Services at the hotel be able to do it, or one that’s outside a park? Will they credit me my original cost (discounted by UT) or will they use a different price? (say, the cost in 2017, even though the February dates are on the tickets)
I hope this makes sense. I will happily pay the difference. I just don’t want to lose the total cost of these tickets, especially because I didn’t buy them from WDW.
TIA!!!

1. I just don’t want to lose the total cost of these tickets, especially
2. because I didn’t buy them from WDW.
TIA!!!
1. You won't.
2. Tickets purchased from Disney authorized resellers/discounters (UT is one) are still "Disney tickets" and don't lose their value after they expire, unused.

Last edited:
1. One of the adults is no longer going, so I was going to see if I could apply the cost of the expired adult ticket towards the new child ticket.
2. My question is how do I go about applying the cost of these tickets, that will be expired, to new ones.
3. Will Guest Services at the hotel be able to do it, or one that’s outside a park?
4. Will they credit me my original cost (discounted by UT) or will they use a different price? (say, the cost in 2017, even though the February dates are on the tickets)
1. OK.
2. First, make sure all tickets are visible in your MyDisneyExperience account.
If they are not, add them there, now.
(And, under any circumstances, you want to keep track of all ticket numbers in a safe place so that you have a record of them.)
3. Guest Relations are at the parks and Disney Springs. Resorts have Concierge services.
(They can do many of the same things, but not all.)
HOWEVER, what you WANT to do is get all of the ticket issues resolved BEFORE your trip dates so that you can make park reservations in advance.
Your ideal situation would be dealing with Disney on the phone regarding these issues.
4. Expired tickets are "worth" the on-line Disney price on the date that those tickets were minted by Disney.
(VERY often, that would be the tickets' on-line Disney price on the date that you bought your discounted tickets.)

Last edited:
Thank you, Robo! I have printed copies of my tix as well as photos on my phone and the hard copies. :)
They are in MDE and I even made park reservations which I assume will just expire along with my tickets. Will the tickets still appear in MDE even after they expire?
I know the phone wait times have been bad, so I will wait until just before my deadline for canceling my hotel res (5 days out, Room Only) and ask them about my tickets then. Hopefully, everyone in my group will have a better idea about what week we want to go by then!
Thanks again!

Thank you, Robo!
1. I have printed copies of my tix as well as photos on my phone and the hard copies. :)
They are in MDE and
2. I even made park reservations which I assume will just expire along with my tickets.
3. Will the tickets still appear in MDE even after they expire?
4. I know the phone wait times have been bad, so I will wait until just before my deadline for canceling my hotel res (5 days out, Room Only) and ask them about my tickets then. Hopefully, everyone in my group will have a better idea about what week we want to go by then!
Thanks again!
1. Very good.
2. Yes.
3. They will very likely disappear from YOUR VIEW of them in your MDX.
(Disney will still be able to see them.) This is why you need to keep your numbers safe so that YOU can easily discuss the tickets in the future.
4. OK.
Hope that your revised trip will go smoothly!
Oh, and just to be "nice" you might want to cancel your unwanted park reservations so that
they can be used by others. (If the bookings are tight.)

1. Very good.
2. Yes.
3. They will very likely disappear from YOUR VIEW of them in your MDX.
(Disney will still be able to see them.) This is why you need to keep your numbers safe so that YOU can easily discuss the tickets in the future.
4. OK.
Hope that your revised trip will go smoothly!
Oh, and just to be "nice" you might want to cancel your unwanted park reservations so that
they can be used by others. (If the bookings are tight.)
I keep track of wait times from time to time and usually the first week of February is not a high demand time. (also less expensive, which is why I chose it in the first place!).
I will cancel my park reservations the moment my group agrees on a revised date. :)

Can anyone point me to the current policy? I have a member of the party that would be booking a ticket only - no package. Things are tentative right now with some family medical - so we are debating waiting a bit longer as trip is still 30 days out. If ticket is purchased but not used at all on the reserved dates - trying to see what that policy is now. With COVID I’m finding lots of conflicting information and nothing direct from the source

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter