Thank you. Last time I was here, it was frowned upon to discuss discount tix outlets bc few were reputable & DISNEY discouraged it bc fraudulent tix, so I wasn't sure how to ask.
Yup.
But, it helps to know that there is a big difference between the illegal "ticket depots" which attempt to buy (usually partially-used) tickets from guests, and then try to resell these tickets fraudulently...
Vs. the legitimate authorized WDW ticket resellers/discounters.
The authorized resellers are established sanctioned businesses which sell brand new "real Disney tickets" which are printed and sold to them by WDW.

Ah! Ok..I was worried bc I couldn't find a way to buy 10-Day online from WDW Official site!
Thx very much for your help! :earsgirl:
On the WDW site: Parks & Tickets in the top menu bar, then select Theme Park Tickets from the drop-down; on the next screen, click the blue "Select" button for Standard Theme Park Tickets; then on the next screen, scroll down to where it asks you to Select the Number of Days and click on the circle for "10" ... then you'll need to select Ticket Type and eventually the First Day of your ticket.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/

Hey there, I bought a two day ticket for my mom for Friday October 1 and Saturday October 2. She would like to upgrade it to a Pixie Pass (weekdays only) after entering the park the second day. Will it be an issue to upgrade to the Pixie Pass given it’s a Saturday, or it won’t matter because she entered with a regular ticket that was valid that day?

Hey there, I bought a two day ticket for my mom for Friday October 1 and Saturday October 2. She would like to upgrade it to a Pixie Pass (weekdays only) after entering the park the second day. Will it be an issue to upgrade to the Pixie Pass given it’s a Saturday, or it won’t matter because she entered with a regular ticket that was valid that day?
In the past it was not a problem.
But with these new APs (and new situations due to coming back after the extended closing of WDW) we don't have enough info to be SURE they will still do this kind of thing.

It never hurts to explain carefully and ASK NICELY for whatever you would like.
(And, please report back with the outcome.)

We have decided to postpone our January 2022 trip till January 2023, same week pretty much. I know the mouse will get to fleece me for a bit more money to use them in 2023 but what do I do about moving my dates over to 2023? I can't do that just yet, so I am in a pickle now.

Hi guys! We haven't been to Disney in several years so I'm trying to get up to speed on all the changes. I think I have figured out the answer to something we'd been wondering about and I'm hoping you guys can tell me if I have this right. I know that you have to book your park in advance and that in order to do that you have to either have already bought your park passes or have an onsite reservation with park passes. We haven't decided if we are staying onsite or off and we are not absolutely definite about our dates. So I'm leaning towards just buying the park passes for the dates we think we are going so we can go ahead and reserve park days. I just want to make sure that I've understood how to proceed if we change our dates and/or decide to stay onsite.

So have I got this right - if we change the dates of our trip, I just go into the Disney website and pull up my account, change the dates, pay any difference in admission price, and make new park reservations? I think I read something about park passes expiring and disappearing online. How do I avoid that happening?

And if we decide to stay onsite, will I be able to link the tickets I've already bought to my resort reservation?

Thanks in advance. :)

We have decided to postpone our January 2022 trip till January 2023, same week pretty much. I know the mouse will get to fleece me for a bit more money to use them in 2023 but what do I do about moving my dates over to 2023? I can't do that just yet, so I am in a pickle now.
Just cancel anything that you have booked for Jan 2022.
Any tickets that you might have paid for separately from the resort ("stand-alone tickets") will naturally expire, unused.
Be sure to copy their ticket numbers and keep the numbers in a separate secure place for future reference.
The tickets' full value can be applied toward buying new tickets at such time as you're getting ready for your 2023 trip.

Last edited:
Posting this as a word of caution to others!!!! I have had 4 days of “park hopper Non-Expiration” tickets saved on MDE for years and have never used them since I had begun getting annual passes. I went to the Guest Services in DS on Thursday afternoon to buy a Boo Bash ticket and to activate my renewed AP. Last night I was checking “My Plans” and I saw that 3 of those “Non—Expiration “ days have disappeared!!! I’m going back to guest services today as I’m assuming they did not put my tickets in proper order and that when I went to parks last 3 days my non-expiration tickets were used instead of my AP. I’m betting they will tell me “tough luck! It’s really upsetting since I made a point of asking CM to prioritize my tickets.

1. I’m betting they will tell me “tough luck!
2. It’s really upsetting since I made a point of asking CM to prioritize my tickets.
1. That should not be the case.
2. Even if you had not done that, they should still restore your tickets.
When you arrive at Guest Relations, I suggest that you explain carefully and ask nicely and you should get the correct outcome.

1. That should not be the case.
2. Even if you had not done that, they should still restore your tickets.
When you arrive at Guest Relations, I suggest that you explain carefully and ask nicely and you should get the correct outcome.

I have no proof other than that the 4 th day is still sitting there will they be able to see history and see that the other 3 day tickets were there before?
Thank you!

I have no proof other than that the 4 th day is still sitting there will they be able to see history and see that the other 3 day tickets were there before?
Thank you!
Yes.
Even if they had nothing else, they will have the record of you using those tickets to enter the parks.

I spoke to someone via chat on the WDW website and was told the following:

"Any tickets you use that fall in the black out time for your pass can not be applied to the cost of a new pass." In my case it was a couple day blacked out of the Sorcerer Pass in December. I followed up and was very specific about what I wanted to do and was told it would not work.

I haven't seen anyone try this yet since so @aoconnor you might be the canary in the coal mine on this one.

In the past it was not a problem.
But with these new APs (and new situations due to coming back after the extended closing of WDW) we don't have enough info to be SURE they will still do this kind of thing.

It never hurts to explain carefully and ASK NICELY for whatever you would like.
(And, please report back with the outcome.)

I'm hoping my fellow Dis'ers can help answer the following questions. We're thinking of rescheduling our Dec '21 trip to Dec '22.

1. Will the value of the tickets purchased through UT apply towards new tickets/dates?
2. One member of our traveling party has a Military Salute ticket voucher--will the cost of the voucher apply towards a new ticket?
3. We have tickets to the Christmas After-Hours event--Can the value of these tickets be applied towards a future after-hours event?
4. How flexible is Universal at changing ticket dates? Two members of our party have 1-day tickets.

The next question is more of an opinion--do you think the World Showcase will be fully reopened in the next year? We just returned from WDW this weekend and were very disappointed that so many stores were closed in the WS.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm hoping my fellow Dis'ers can help answer the following questions. We're thinking of rescheduling our Dec '21 trip to Dec '22.

1. Will the value of the tickets purchased through UT apply towards new tickets/dates?
2. One member of our traveling party has a Military Salute ticket voucher--will the cost of the voucher apply towards a new ticket?
3. We have tickets to the Christmas After-Hours event--Can the value of these tickets be applied towards a future after-hours event?
4. How flexible is Universal at changing ticket dates? Two members of our party have 1-day tickets.

The next question is more of an opinion--
5. do you think the World Showcase will be fully reopened in the next year?

Thanks in advance for your help.
1. Yes. The full on-line DISNEY value at the time you purchased the tix from UT.
2. I don't think so. It might depend on from where the ticket was purchased (and maybe not even then.)
Click HERE to find the closet thing I've found to a complete "everything reference" regarding Military tickets at Disney.
3. Unknown. Those kind of tickets are generally sold as "non-refundable." (But, it can't hurt to ask nicely.) I would start work on that refund ASAP.
4. I know nothing about US.
5. Unknown, but unlikely to be what was included in "fully open," pre-covid.

Last edited:
OK follow-up to my previous posts on upgrading and Blackout Dates

As far as upgrading a ticket that contains a normal Park Hopper ticket to an AP on your last day when your ticket dates contained Blackout dates for that AP.

I just had a very long and detailed phone conversation with Disney Ticketing. My plan was to buy a 5 day ticket ending December 20th and then on the last day upgrade to a Sorcerer Pass just like you could in the past. Initially he (and DVC Member Services) said it would work fine. Then he went through and read the business rules for the new APs while I was on the phone with him. Apparently what I was told via online chat is correct. You CANNOT upgrade a regular ticket into an AP if the dates on the regular ticket would be Blackout Dates on that AP. So in my case I cannot upgrade to a Sorcerer Pass on 12/20, only to an Incredipass. This is obviously an annoying change that closes a sort of loophole many of us have used in the past that they seem to have closed with the new APs.

Obviously will be interesting to see what happens when people actually try to do this, but I've now been told via 2 different official channels that you can no longer skirt the Blackout Dates like this.

I've searched around and can't find an answer -- I currently have a Platinum Voucher for an AP because my ticket expired during the time the parks were closed.

When I go and activate the voucher, will it still have the perks associated with the now defunct Platinum Pass for a year? Basically I'm trying to find out if I'm going to have to pay extra for Memory Maker when I activate.

Ok update to my earlier posts regarding the older “Non-Expiration Parker hopper tickets that disappeared from my MDE: I went to guest services in DS and explained that the tickets were apparently used although I have an AP. The CM was able to determine that was exactly what happened. He explained that Disney is currently still changing over to the new system and that this has happened to guests. He said if you notice a ticket missing from your MDE that guest services is able to track what parks you visit and what type of ticket is used. The CM replaced the 3 Tickets that were mistakenly used from my MDE.
Thanks again Robo for your help!

Here’s the official word from the MK ticket center today. He was very knowledgeable and even double-checked with a supervisor in the booth with him.

It will not be allowed. If the pass is used on a blackout date, you would only be able to upgrade to a pass that would have allowed you to use that blackout date/weekend admission. So you’d only have the option to upgrade to Sorcerer or Incred-Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!