Thanks for all your help! I have to evaluate and may just buy new hoppers and save this one for another trip in the future. It hurts me to pay all that money just to add hopping to this tix. I have a little time to think about it. :thanks:

What I have learned from upgrading from upgrading my 7-day ticket to an Incredi-PASS.

- I was told that park reservations are in three separate pools
Resort, Annual pass, Tickets

Now since I was upgrading a ticket but had a resort stay, I was not in any danger of losing my park reservations.

I did and I still have my park reservation, including my precious Oct 1st Magic Kingdom reservation.

When calling, I dialed 407-934-7639 ... I asked to place a called back with "ticket escalation"

I hope this help somebody.

It took many attempts to reach "ticket escalation" but once you get to right place, it took 25 min and I was set to go.

Is there any benefit to buying tickets as part of a package now and then upgrading to the AP upon arrival or would it just be easier to buy the APs as a separate transaction? We aren't going until May 2022, barring further Covid issues but I'd like to get our hotel booked (though hopefully we'll cancel and rebook under new discounts but I won't hold my breath).

Is there any benefit to buying tickets as part of a package now and then upgrading to the AP upon arrival or would it just be easier to buy the APs as a separate transaction? We aren't going until May 2022, barring further Covid issues but I'd like to get our hotel booked (though hopefully we'll cancel and rebook under new discounts but I won't hold my breath).
One benefit I could see would be the ability to book park pass reservations now. However, unless WDW goes back to a greatly reduced capacity, which I don't think is at all likely, there should not be any problem getting park reservations closer to the date. The other benefit would be the ability to make payments on your tickets (by making payments on your package) so that the APs are partially paid for by the time you upgrade, instead of having to pay full price for all of those APs at one time - ouch! And finally, if something happens and you have to cancel the trip, you get your money back (assuming you cancel within required time frame). If you buy APs separately, there are no refunds.

One benefit I could see would be the ability to book park pass reservations now. However, unless WDW goes back to a greatly reduced capacity, which I don't think is at all likely, there should not be any problem getting park reservations closer to the date. The other benefit would be the ability to make payments on your tickets (by making payments on your package) so that the APs are partially paid for by the time you upgrade, instead of having to pay full price for all of those APs at one time - ouch! And finally, if something happens and you have to cancel the trip, you get your money back (assuming you cancel within required time frame). If you buy APs separately, there are no refunds.

Good point about the refunds! I think I will book as a package and go from there (which I think is also a lower deposit too which I don't hate). Much appreciate the response!

We have 4 day tickets with park reservations during Sept 30- Oct 4 including both weekend days. My plan was to use the 4 day ticket to enter parks Fri-Sun 9/30-10/2 then on 10/3 or 10/4, upgrade to the FL resident weekday only pass. Has that changed? Are people now reporting that if I use it that weekend, that I cannot then upgrade it to a pass that blocks out weekends?

This is probably a silly question but just wanting to know ahead of time. We have a one week reservation coming up with no tickets attached, followed by an additional two week reservation that does have ten day tickets. ( they run back to back so we won’t ever check out)
Do we need to go to the desk at the beginning of our two week package in order to make sure our tickets are “activated”?
And one more question- if we do want to add park hoppers to any of our tickets ( but not all of them) how and where do you do that? We’re staying at fort wilderness if that makes a difference. Thank you!

As long as your tickets are linked to the correct guests in MDE (and as part of a package they should be), they are ready to use with no activation required. Unless it's a special ticket such as FL Resident or military.

Hopper add-on is all-or-nothing. You can add to only some guests' tickets without adding to the whole party, but you can't add it for just a few days of hopping on a 10-day ticket.

As long as your tickets are linked to the correct guests in MDE (and as part of a package they should be), they are ready to use with no activation required. Unless it's a special ticket such as FL Resident or military.

Hopper add-on is all-or-nothing. You can add to only some guests' tickets without adding to the whole party, but you can't add it for just a few days of hopping on a 10-day ticket.
Thank you! And yes- we want to add hoppers to some of our tickets but not everyone’s. Can we do that at fort wilderness?

What I have learned from upgrading from upgrading my 7-day ticket to an Incredi-PASS.

- I was told that park reservations are in three separate pools
Resort, Annual pass, Tickets

Now since I was upgrading a ticket but had a resort stay, I was not in any danger of losing my park reservations.

I did and I still have my park reservation, including my precious Oct 1st Magic Kingdom reservation.

When calling, I dialed 407-934-7639 ... I asked to place a called back with "ticket escalation"

I hope this help somebody.

It took many attempts to reach "ticket escalation" but once you get to right place, it took 25 min and I was set to go.

Reading so many of these posts, yet in my conversations (chat on website) with Disney Customer Service I have been told to wait to last day so to no loose reservations. I have 4 day 1 park per day tickets, looking to upgrade to incredi-pass and they are a part of a package booked over the 50th I don't want to lose park reservations for. I want to upgrade on arrival day and get the discounts and park hopping ability (subject to avail I am aware) for the duration of this trip. Worried, but will see if there is anything I can do on arrival day to get the upgrade. Willing to for go it to not lose precious park reservations.

If you upgrade over the phone, is it still considered a voucher that will require activation on first park day? Or will it become active day of upgrade? This is also holding me back on upgrading prior to arrival on 9/27.

Has anyone been able to confirm if you are able to apply the cost of previously used tickets in 2020/2021 (when APs were not being sold) towards a new AP. I read some chatter that people have been told they can. Has anyone been successful?

Has anyone been able to confirm if you are able to apply the cost of previously used tickets in 2020/2021 (when APs were not being sold) towards a new AP. I read some chatter that people have been told they can. Has anyone been successful?

Where is this chatter? I would be interested in it.

Called VIP Passholder support to apply a ticket to my AP Renewal, they put me on the callback list and said it would be about 2 hours. Got a callback 20 mins later. Have your ticket confirmation number available to give to both VIP Passholder CM and the callback CM.

If you want to pay with gift cards today, might want to wait until tomorrow. System was down for gift card payments and the CM said she'd had a previous caller today and the system wouldn't work for them either and apologized recommended calling back later, tomorrow or doing it in person (I'm headed to the World next week, was just hoping to get this out of the way).

It was reported in another thread that Disney would not bridge the price of a UT ticket (at park Guest Services). They were permitted to upgrade their tickets, but they were valued at the price the reseller paid — and less than what they paid for them. They were told it’s a change in policy, but I really hope that’s not true. Has anyone else had this experience? That would be a devastating blow to authorized resellers.

Someone reported in another thread successfully upgrading their UT ticket over the phone by calling the passholder line. I'm going to attempt it as well as soon as I can confirm my April trip is a go and I'll report back here too.

It was reported in another thread that Disney would not bridge the price of a UT ticket (at park Guest Services). They were permitted to upgrade their tickets, but they were valued at the price the reseller paid — and less than what they paid for them. They were told it’s a change in policy, but I really hope that’s not true. Has anyone else had this experience? That would be a devastating blow to authorized resellers.
I also read that other post of the person going to guest services and not getting their tickets bridged. I also bought tickets from a reseller and on Monday I called and was able to upgrade my tickets to a Sorcerer Pass. They did bridge my ticket so I might have gotten lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter