Is it possible to just buy a one day ticket at the gate day of anymore? I know about the park reservations. We will have a free Saturday in Orlando on October 16th and would like to keep it flexible, so I don't want to buy anything in advance. Wasn't sure if they hold some capacity for day of/annual pass tickets perhaps?

If I go and use my ticket but my family doesn’t use their tickets will I be able to use the value for future tickets?
You could do that. Or you can drop your family from the package (might be a $50 change fee) and not pay for those unneeded tickets.

I believe I have to change the start date in MDE before Aug. 4 to keep these tickets valid.
Not necessary. You can wait until you know your next planned dates -- even if that's a year from now or 2 years from now or 10 years out. Each time you change the date, you will need to pay any incremental difference in cost (if there is one). If you do that multiple times, you do run the risk of settling on a date with lower cost, and you do not get a refund. Just make note of the ticket numbers and value, so you'll have that info if/when the tickets may disappear from your view in MDE - WDW can always see them, though.

Is it possible to just buy a one day ticket at the gate day of anymore?
Yes. As long as a theme park reservation is available for that day, you can walk-up to buy a one-day ticket. I think walk-ups actually incur a higher price ("gate price"), so you may want to buy online from home/hotel that morning.

You could do that. Or you can drop your family from the package (might be a $50 change fee) and not pay for those unneeded tickets.

Great! I won’t make the call for a bit, but also this over laps with the 50th, I’m very worried about losing any park reservations, and thank you!

I’m very worried about losing any park reservations
You won't lose your park reservations as long as you keep your ticket. Remove the others from the package reservation. You may want to cancel their park reservations, or eventually the system will catch up and auto-cancel them anyway.

You won't lose your park reservations as long as you keep your ticket. Remove the others from the package reservation. You may want to cancel their park reservations, or eventually the system will catch up and auto-cancel them anyway.

if they end up not coming I will cancel them for sure! Thanks! Great information as always!

Not necessary. You can wait until you know your next planned dates -- even if that's a year from now or 2 years from now or 10 years out. Each time you change the date, you will need to pay any incremental difference in cost (if there is one). If you do that multiple times, you do run the risk of settling on a date with lower cost, and you do not get a refund. Just make note of the ticket numbers and value, so you'll have that info if/when the tickets may disappear from your view in MDE - WDW can always see them, though.
OK - thank you. The ticket agent I purchased from told me on the phone today that I could either return the tickets for the 95% refund (I'm within my 90 day cancellation window) or change the date on the ticket to my new trip date - and that this had to be done by Aug. 4. But he sounded like he was new, so I wasn't sure this was correct. I do have actual paper tickets and not e-tickets so I wasn't sure if that made a difference.

I have a package with 4 day park hoppers, for 4 people, there is a small chance I end up going solo, if my family will need to quarantine upon return.

1. If I go and use my ticket but my family doesn’t use their tickets will I be able to use the value for future tickets?
I think yes based on first few post,
2. but not positive as it’s part of a package.
1. Yes.
2. Does not make a difference.

I upgraded a couple ph tickets in the app today (changed the start date from August 4 to August 3) and I'm wondering how long it should take before those changes show up in the app so I can make my park reservations? It's only been 30 minutes or so, but I'm anxious!

I upgraded a couple ph tickets in the app today (changed the start date from August 4 to August 3) and I'm wondering how long it should take before those changes show up in the app so I can make my park reservations? It's only been 30 minutes or so, but I'm anxious!
Very quickly.
Restart your device.

Very quickly.
Restart your device.

Sigh. I hadn't tried that yet, but now I have and it didn't work. I've tried logging out and back in, pulling down to "refresh" while sitting on the page with the ticket, and I even tried putting in the confirmation number as if it were a new ticket to link. Nothing has worked. Now it's been closer to 2 hours. Sounds like I might have to call.

Sigh. I hadn't tried that yet, but now I have and it didn't work. I've tried logging out and back in, pulling down to "refresh" while sitting on the page with the ticket, and I even tried putting in the confirmation number as if it were a new ticket to link. Nothing has worked. Now it's been closer to 2 hours. Sounds like I might have to call.
90 minutes of hold time later, the helpful cm was able to get it fixed.

Does the new ticket center in DS get crowded? I need to activate my salute tickets.
It wasn’t crowded on a Monday at noon in early March, but I can’t say it’s never crowded. In general, though, it’s a good place to go especially to activate tickets the day before you want to enter your first park.

Question - Hubby and I are headed to see the Mouse next April. I have purchased the 10 day Parker hopper Plus. We arrive on a Sunday, however I don't plan on hitting any of the main parks until Monday (already have the park reservations). My question is, can we use one of our "plus" options to hit a water park when we arrive Sunday or even play a round of golf without it impacting our tickets in any way?

Question - Hubby and I are headed to see the Mouse next April. I have purchased the 10 day Parker hopper Plus. We arrive on a Sunday, however I don't plan on hitting any of the main parks until Monday (already have the park reservations). My question is, can we use one of our "plus" options to hit a water park when we arrive Sunday or even play a round of golf without it impacting our tickets in any way?
You can use some of your "plus" options on the tickets before you use the tickets to enter a Theme Park.

Your statement, "without it impacting our tickets in any way" is somewhat confusing.
I assume you mean " without it impacting our 10 THEME PARK tickets..."
(The number of days that any of your ticket options will remain valid will "start counting down"
the first time you use any of those options.)

1. Yes. Outside the gates of any park, at TTC, and at Disney Springs.
2. Varies. (Booking Earlier is always better.)
3. Depending on various factors, you might be better off making your first day’s reservation in advance and making your last days’ reservation(s) when you upgrade your tickets.
4. Nobody knows when or if AP purchases will return.
Otherwise, you should call and ask to upgrade your tickets before your trip.
Explain carefully and ask nicely.
Thank you :)

Thanks Robo - yes, that is what I meant. I didn't want it to impact my "Theme Park" tickets. We should be safe as we will only be there a total of 13 days so they shouldn't expire before we leave. I figured it would be a nice way to kill time while we wait for our room to be ready by hitting a water park or getting some golf in.
You can use some of your "plus" options on the tickets before you use the tickets to enter a Theme Park.

Your statement, "without it impacting our tickets in any way" is somewhat confusing.
I assume you mean " without it impacting our 10 THEME PARK tickets..."
(The number of days that any of your ticket options will remain valid will "start counting down"
the first time you use any of those options.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter