You may be able to modify the tickets through MDE. If not, you will have to call. You can cancel the park reservations and will need to make new ones once you have the tickets settled.

Question - if someone wants to go to the Disney parks for 11 days (one trip) - should they just buy a 1 day ticket to add to MDE or does an AP make sense? They want the hopper option on the tickets, too.....

Question - if someone wants to go to the Disney parks for 11 days (one trip) - should they just buy a 1 day ticket to add to MDE or does an AP make sense? They want the hopper option on the tickets, too.....
When is their trip? If coming up shortly, yes the only option is to buy a 10-day plus a 1-day because APs are not currently available to the general public. Personally, I would seriously consider how important that 11th theme park day is for me; there would have to be something special to make me purchase another full 1-day ticket. I'd be more likely to do the "Plus" add-on since they already intend to buy hoppers; that would allow a waterpark as a non-park day (plus other options).

Sorry if this is already been asked/answered. I am taking a group of work friends and one family just bought (4) one park per day tickets through a government discount ticket site. How much will I have to pay to upgrade them to hoppers?

Sorry if this is already been asked/answered. I am taking a group of work friends and one family just bought (4) one park per day tickets through a government discount ticket site. How much will I have to pay to upgrade them to hoppers?
If (IF) the tickets are regular WDW tickets, the normal cost to upgrade would be the difference between the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you HAVE subtracted from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you WANT.
It doesn't matter what was actually PAID for the tickets, again, IF they are "regular" WDW tickets.

I was given the option to convert/upgrade from an unused no expiration w/o water parks to a ticket w/ water parks, but then it would expire. I said no thanks, but that got me thinking about ticket bridging.

It's possible to convert a valid admission ticket at the end of the stay into an annual pass, would I be able to do the same with a no expiration ticket?

1. It's possible to convert a valid admission ticket at the end of the stay into an annual pass,
2. would I be able to do the same with a no expiration ticket?
1. Normally, yes (but not now, as new regular AP's are currently not being sold.)
2. If the ticket you are discussing is an "old" (several years old) "Magic Your Way" ticket, then, you should be able to upgrade it to a larger/longer ticket before or during it's use at WDW.
OTOH, there are currently no "regular" non-expiration tickets sold by Disney, so if the ticket you are discussing is not a "regular ticket," the standard ticket rules might not apply.

If (IF) the tickets are regular WDW tickets, the normal cost to upgrade would be the difference between the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you HAVE subtracted from the on-line Disney price of the ticket that you WANT.
It doesn't matter what was actually PAID for the tickets, again, IF they are "regular" WDW tickets.

Thanks. That was what I had thought, but the last time I did something like that, the person charged me the full amount minus the discounted ticket price.

Thanks. That was what I had thought, but the last time I did something like that, the person charged me the full amount minus the discounted ticket price.
How did the CM know what was the "discounted ticket price?"

(CMs can only see the WHOLESALE price Disney originally charged the discount company for the ticket...
which would be LESS than you paid the discount company for the discounted ticket.)

(CMs can only see the WHOLESALE price Disney originally charged the discount company for the ticket...
which would be LESS than you paid the discount company for the discounted ticket.)

There's been reports of tickets from undercovertourist.com would be coded/synced and the CMs would know the price paid. There's also been reports that it's wrong on occasion and some folks have shown the receipts to get the correct amount.

OTOH, there are currently no "regular" non-expiration tickets sold by Disney, so if the ticket you are discussing is not a "regular ticket," the standard ticket rules might not apply.

This is why I asked. I have a non-expiration ticket, but they haven't been sold in years. Not sure if anyone has tried to convert these. In the past when they were sold, they could be upgraded to an AP. It would be really cool if I could still do that with the ones that I'm finishing up.

The tickets were from UT, a discount seller we’ve used many times over the years

When I added park hopper to my ticket purchased thru MWR/ITT, I couldn't do it over the phone because the CM's couldn't "see" the price of the ticket, it sound like they were giving me only the wholesale price at which the MWR/ITT office purchased my ticket from Disney, NOT the price I paid. Only when I physically took my ticket to the front of the park, was the CM able to recognize that I had a ticket that was no longer sold & wasn't "in the system" anymore, she was able to give me the correct retail price of my ticket to upgrade without paying an outrageous price (phone CM quoted me $350+ per person to upgrade to park hoppers & front of the park CM charged me $85 to upgrade 3 adult tickets). Huge difference!!

Unfortunately I have 2 more tickets from the same lot that I need to upgrade & if I wait to do it in person, I can't make my 8th day of park pass reservations I will need for my next trip (it's only a 7 day ticket).

There's been reports of tickets from *****************.com would be coded/synced and the CMs would know the price paid. There's also been reports that it's wrong on occasion and some folks have shown the receipts to get the correct amount.
No doubt that those kind of anecdotal situations have been discussed over the years, but that info would be incorrect procedure, as determining what the guest had PAID for a ticket purchased from an authorized reseller (even by showing a receipt) would not figure into the proper cost of upgrading.

This kind of incorrect upgrade procedure has, sadly, happened too often to unlucky guests.
Many guests who discovered on this board and elsewhere that they were overcharged in ticket upgrades have been able to get the charges corrected by contacting better-trained Disney Cast Members, after the fact.

Hello everyone. I have 10day Park Hopper tickets (2 adult and 2 children) that were purchased from UT to be used last year and now expire the end of September. My children are now 10 years old, what is the best way to change their tickets into adult tickets? How do I figure out what the upgrade fee should be? We are headed to WDW in about 2 weeks.

Thanks

Hello everyone. I have 10day Park Hopper tickets (2 adult and 2 children) that were purchased from UT to be used last year and now expire the end of September. My children are now 10 years old,
1. what is the best way to change their tickets into adult tickets?
2. How do I figure out what the upgrade fee should be? We are headed to WDW in about 2 weeks.
1. Sometime after you arrive at WDW, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and do the upgrade to "Adult" tickets.
2. Assuming that there have been no interim ticket price increases between the time of purchase and time of your trip...
Subtract the Disney on-line price of a child's ticket of the same kind you have from the Disney on-line price of an adult ticket of the same kind. Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
You can make advance park reservations using the current child's tickets.

1. Sometime after you arrive at WDW, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and do the upgrade to "Adult" tickets.
2. Assuming that there have been no interim ticket price increases between the time of purchase and time of your trip...
Subtract the Disney on-line price of a child's ticket of the same kind you have from the Disney on-line price of an adult ticket of the same kind. Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
You can make advance park reservations using the current child's tickets.
Thank you so much! We have all of our reservations made. I didn't handle the upgrade sooner, just in case we cancelled. I also kept changing the duration of my trip around! We finally settled on staying for the full 10 days. Since we are staying onsite, would I be able to upgrade their tickets at the hotel?

I am hoping to upgrade a 9-day park hopper to a Gold AP in January 2022... assuming APs return. It looks like a 9-day park hopper is $698 through UT (including tax) or $741 through Disney (including tax), and the current price of a DVC Gold AP is $765. If I understand correctly, based on today's prices, I would pay only $24 to upgrade if I buy them through UT. Or, if Disney does not bridge the price, I would pay $67. Is that really possible? Seems too good to be true. Now I am sure that the AP prices will go up and therefore the cost would be more, but still seems like it would be an incredible deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter