I have a question I think I know the answer to but just want to confirm with people who know more about it then me. Years ago we purchased 4 Non expiration 10 day park hopper with water park fun and more from UT. Being DVC members it made sense to plan for future visits with price increases and I could not have been more right. Those tickets have been a bargain as we have done some 3 day weekend trips and used 1 or 2 days only without paying a fortune. Taken advantage of annual pass discounts when they were offered saving the Non-ex tickets for when they were truly needed. But we've NEVER used any of the water park and more options. My wife and kids have 3 actual park days left and I have 5. Do we all still have 10 days of water park (and the other fun & more options) left on these tickets? That was supposed to be the deal when purchased is that you got 10 admissions to those on top of the 10 park admissions...but I just want to be sure. We are traveling over 4th of July and have theme park view room for fireworks....and NO DESIRE to be in the massive crowds on July 4th waiting to see fireworks so we were considering a waterpark. Just want to be sure those tickets will get us in. They are linked to MDE but I'm 95% sure I still have the physical cards UT mailed us all those years ago

My family purchased the same NE tickets from UT right before Disney stopped selling them. We'll be using the last of our theme park days this August and have gone to the water parks here and there with the tickets as well over the years. No problem using them at the water parks at all.

2 part question:

1) We’ve always done split stays buying the package with tickets for the whole length of stay. So 1st reservation is hotel package with 10 day park hoppers, with only 6 nights at a resort. Then a RO reservation for the next 5 days. This still works, correct? I had to call to get the tickets that way, but they did it, but I guess it just made me nervous, and am looking for confirmation that that’s still how people do it.

2) I have no interest in the “plus” option for a hopper ticket. However, I couldn’t see a way to just buy 1 day at a water park if a couple of people in our party just wanted to go to one on one day. Or can they just buy one at the gate?
Thank you

2 part question:

1) We’ve always done split stays buying the package with tickets for the whole length of stay. So 1st reservation is hotel package with 10 day park hoppers, with only 6 nights at a resort. Then a RO reservation for the next 5 days. This still works, correct? I had to call to get the tickets that way, but they did it, but I guess it just made me nervous, and am looking for confirmation that that’s still how people do it.

2) I have no interest in the “plus” option for a hopper ticket. However, I couldn’t see a way to just buy 1 day at a water park if a couple of people in our party just wanted to go to one on one day. Or can they just buy one at the gate?
Thank you

I did a search for Disney water park tickets and it came up - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/tickets/water-parks/

2 part question:

Thank you
1) Yes, to do a split stay with 1 set of tickets you now have to call to get a longer ticket on the first stay. Be aware that you won't get the "length of stay" extension on the tickets with a split stay, just the valid use window of the ticket. (If you bought 10-day tickets you're good with your 6+5.)

2) Not with a package, but yes you can buy stand-alone water park tickets -- as many as you want for whichever members of your party want to go. Check pricing -- if you already have hoppers, I think the "plus" is much less expensive than buying a 1-day waterpark ticket. It can be added after you arrive for just the people who want it. If you only have base tickets and don't plan to hop, the 1-day waterpark ticket may be the better price.

1) Yes, to do a split stay with 1 set of tickets you now have to call to get a longer ticket on the first stay. Be aware that you won't get the "length of stay" extension on the tickets with a split stay, just the valid use window of the ticket. (If you bought 10-day tickets you're good with your 6+5.)

What is a length of stay extension?
For the package part I bought a 6 night room stay with 10 day park hopper tickets. Then I separately have a 5 night RO reservation.

Also you are right about the pricing! It appears to only be $20 more per ticket to add the plus option! That would basically allow anyone to go to a water park whenever they want?!

Last edited:
Hi, all. I have Platinum APs that expire 6/29/22. On 5/5/22, I renewed the APs in advance to Incredi-pass APs. I now have additional tickets in MDE listed as “Disney Incredi-pass Renewal” with an expiration date of 5/5/23.

Is this normal? If so, is it safe to assume the expiration date will update to 6/29/23 once the renewal Incredi-pass AP is activated?

Thanks!

2) Not with a package, but yes you can buy stand-alone water park tickets -- as many as you want for whichever members of your party want to go. Check pricing -- if you already have hoppers, I think the "plus" is much less expensive than buying a 1-day waterpark ticket. It can be added after you arrive for just the people who want it. If you only have base tickets and don't plan to hop, the 1-day waterpark ticket may be the better price.
I tried pricing out 7 day ticket (most allowed on the site) with just Park Hopper and then the Park Hopper Plus. Adding the + only added $20 to the ticket so most definitely the better option, especially as it allows more than just 1 day to visit the water parks and other attractions too.

I tried pricing out 7 day ticket (most allowed on the site) with just Park Hopper and then the Park Hopper Plus. Adding the + only added $20 to the ticket so most definitely the better option, especially as it allows more than just 1 day to visit the water parks and other attractions too.
Yes I think I will do that because we can also mini golf a couple of times and my boys golf. They already have tee times at 2 different courses, and now they could try the Oak one too.
It’s hard to grasp that by paying only $20 more for the whole 10 day ticket, you now gain 10 new experiences.

Hi, all. I have Platinum APs that expire 6/29/22. On 5/5/22, I renewed the APs in advance to Incredi-pass APs. I now have additional tickets in MDE listed as “Disney Incredi-pass Renewal” with an expiration date of 5/5/23.

Is this normal? If so, is it safe to assume the expiration date will update to 6/29/23 once the renewal Incredi-pass AP is activated?

Thanks!
Yes. Basically it's telling you that you have until 5/5/23 to activate the renewal voucher; if you don't activate by then, it becomes a credit that you can apply to the purchase of a new AP or other ticket. Once you activate, the expiration date of the actual pass will become 6/29/23.

Is it still true that the base theme park days and waterpark & sports options are separate entities and need not overlap? Specifically, if we bought a 4-day park ticket with water park option, we could visit the theme parks on 4 days and then a waterpark on the 5th day, correct?

Thank you.

Purchased a 1 day plus water park ticket. Have my park reservation completed. How do I know or show that I have a plus ticker at the Water park. I know they do not have water park reservations. i don't see a water park or plus option on the ticket

I have a few 1 day complementary tix linked to my account and a bunch of old plastic tickets at home from previous trips. Is there a way for me to use ink the old plastic cards to avoid having to go to guest relations to get new articles tickets?

I have a few 1 day complementary tix linked to my account and a bunch of old plastic tickets at home from previous trips. Is there a way for me to use ink the old plastic cards to avoid having to go to guest relations to get new articles tickets?
As long as it hasn't been de-activated, any ticket media (hard plastic, MB) attached to your profile will access any ticket on your profile

We have a split stay with 3 nights AKL and 2 at Polynesian. When I made the reservations I reserved as packages - a 3 day ticket for AK and 2 day for Poly. I want to change to a 5 day ticket... much cheaper. On my planning page I can only purchase a 4 day at AK and can't remove ticket from Poly reservation. Do you think customer service would fix this for me if I called. I can make a new AK reservation but not the 2 days at Poly. This is our first and probably only split stay.

Do you think customer service would fix this for me if I called.
Yes. You will need to call to do this. Add the extra ticket days to your first reservation package. Then drop the tickets from the second package making it a “basic package.” Neither room should need to be cancelled/rebooked doing it this way.

An AP can be "renewed" (including any upgrades or downgrades) within 60 days BEFORE and up to 30 days AFTER AP expiration.
There is a renewal price discount and the original AP's Anniversary calendar date will not change.

I renewed my Platinum+ pass the other day, about 60 days prior to expiration, but I switched it to a Sorcerer Pass. In my MDE, it indicates it is a Renewal.

The expiration date on my Platinum+ Pass is July 26, 2022.
The expiration date on my Sorcerer Renewal Pass is May 28, 2023.

Is this something I need to call about, or when I go to activate the renewal will the date update to be one year from the original expiration?

I renewed my Platinum+ pass the other day, about 60 days prior to expiration, but I switched it to a Sorcerer Pass. In my MDE, it indicates it is a Renewal.

The expiration date on my Platinum+ Pass is July 26, 2022.
The expiration date on my Sorcerer Renewal Pass is May 28, 2023.

Is this something I need to call about, or when I go to activate the renewal will the date update to be one year from the original expiration?
No need to call. The May 28, 2023 expiration date is the date that your renewal certificate expires. In other words you have until that day to activate your AP. If you do not activate it by that date, the amount you paid becomes a credit that you can apply to the purchase of a new AP or other ticket. Once you do activate your renewal, the date will update to be July 26, 2023.

Disney no longer allows people to buy AP vouchers and hold them as long as they want before they activate them. One year after purchase, they turn into a credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter