In the past it was not a problem.
But with these new APs (and new situations due to coming back after the extended closing of WDW) we don't have enough info to be SURE they will still do this kind of thing.

It never hurts to explain carefully and ASK NICELY for whatever you would like.
(And, please report back with the outcome.)
It was not allowed.

I have 4 day tickets. They are FL resident so today on Day 1, I had to stop at ticket window at MK to activate and show FL ID (we are new to FL). At that window, I told him of my plan to use them today, 10/1, 10/2 and then on 10/4 when I’d upgrade to Pixie. He said that it would not be allowed because I would have already used them on black out dates for the Pixie and Pirate Pass. That I would have to do Sorcerers or Incredi-Pass.
So this is NOT going to be allowed.
He also confirmed that if you try to upgrade from a ticket where you had used a Plus benefit such as a golf tee time or a watermark visit, you’d have to buy that $99 add on to whatever annual pass you bought.

we wound up getting a straight out refund on our 4 day tickets and buying Pirate Pass fresh from scratch rather than upgrading.

(Plus, he worked some additional, incredible magic for us since he felt bad it was “so confusing”. I don’t think what he did for us will be standard issue- he definitely sprinkled us with amazing pixie dust.)

I have a one day ticket and park reservation for tomorrow. We are unable to fly today so we will not be in the park tomorrow. do i need to cancel my park reservation to ensure my ticket stays valid and doesn't expire? thanks

I have a one day ticket and park reservation for tomorrow. We are unable to fly today so we will not be in the park tomorrow.
do i need to cancel my park reservation to ensure my ticket stays valid and doesn't expire? thanks
You should cancel the reservation just to be "fair" (in general.)
The reservation (even booked and unused) has no bearing on your ticket's validity date.

HOWEVER, if you want to use your ticket in the very near future, you need to change your TICKET DATE to the date that you WILL use it.
Otherwise, it will expire... but its VALUE will be retained to help buy a new ticket in the future.

I'm taking my sister to Disney for 1st time girls trip!!.
She hasn't been in 10-15 years so this is special.
She retired Military, so can she pick up an AP at SOG??.
TIA

I'm guessing that she will want to visit for enough days over a year's time to warrant an AP.

Since SOG is not a "Disney" resort, (but they do sell most Disney tickets) they will LIKELY have some APs available for sale, but if not...
AP's can be bought (and activated) pretty quickly at any Disney ticket booth or Guest Relations.

We are going for 10+ days. Would she able to Upgrade to an AP at Disney(if not available at SOG)
You didn't say anything about "upgrading" in your original post.
From what kind of ticket would she be upgrading?

And, yes, she can get an AP at any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside and inside any Disney theme park, water park, or TTC (MK parking lot area) or at Disney Springs.

She retired Military, so can she pick up an AP at SOG??.
We are going for 10+ days. Would she able to Upgrade to an AP at Disney(if not available at SOG)
SOG may or may not be able to sell her an AP, I don't see it listed on their website. Just know that there is no military discount for AP. The highly discounted military tickets are Salute - those have not been released for 2022 yet, but expected any day now. I believe 2021 only offered 4-day and 5-day version, in the past there had been a 6-day option. Whether that returns for 2022 remains to be seen. SOG also offers a discounted MYW theme park ticket (1 to 10-day); it isn't as big a discount as the Salute tickets but some savings. If she is only buying for herself, she can purchase multiple Salute tickets and use them back-to-back on the same trip.

Now for upgrading to AP -- I believe any savings from a Salute ticket will be lost if she upgrades to the AP. So I recommend she crunch some numbers to see what is her best option. If she really wants/needs the AP, I'm not sure there is any value in buying from SOG as it would still be full price (maybe save on the tax if bought at SOG, if they sell APs).

In the past it was not a problem.
But with these new APs (and new situations due to coming back after the extended closing of WDW) we don't have enough info to be SURE they will still do this kind of thing.

It never hurts to explain carefully and ASK NICELY for whatever you would like.
(And, please report back with the outcome.)
Unfortunately they were adamant that they can not apply a ticket that has *any* blackout dates associated with the annual pass you’re trying to upgrade to. For example, even if you had a multi day ticket that spanned today Friday October 1 you could not apply it to a Pixie OR Pirate pass because that date October 1 is blocked for both. Very disappointing since it was never an issue in the past.

Unfortunately they were adamant that they can not apply a ticket that has *any* blackout dates associated with the annual pass you’re trying to upgrade to. For example, even if you had a multi day ticket that spanned today Friday October 1 you could not apply it to a Pixie OR Pirate pass because that date October 1 is blocked for both. Very disappointing since it was never an issue in the past.
Man, I was hoping it would be disproven when someone actually tried it. It sounds like DLR is still allowing upgrades to a pass that was blocked out. Wish they could be consistent on stuff like this.

Just looking for confirmation that this is correct:

I purchased a two day park hopper ticket for myself, my daughter, and my son-in-law before APs were available for purchase. And we have the weekend of October 16/17 reserved for park entry.

They are both Florida residents and will be coming from Tampa to join me for the weekend after they can get off work on Friday.

I fly in on Thursday to stay with friends.

I can go to Disney Springs that day to upgrade my 2 day PH to the Incredi-Pass, (being sure I can enter the parks on the AP availability calendar first) and assuming park availability, could also go to a park on Friday (before they get there).

BUT, I cannot upgrade their passes at the same time even if I have photos of their FL drivers licenses . . . correct? We will need to go back to Guest Services after they have arrived to be able to upgrade each of their 2 day PH to the Sorcerer Pass?

Just looking for confirmation that this is correct:

I purchased a two day park hopper ticket for myself, my daughter, and my son-in-law before APs were available for purchase. And we have the weekend of October 16/17 reserved for park entry.

They are both Florida residents and will be coming from Tampa to join me for the weekend after they can get off work on Friday.

I fly in on Thursday to stay with friends.

1. I can go to Disney Springs that day to upgrade my 2 day PH to the Incredi-Pass, (being sure I can enter the parks on the AP availability calendar first) and assuming park availability, could also go to a park on Friday (before they get there).

2. BUT, I cannot upgrade their passes at the same time even if I have photos of their FL drivers licenses . . . correct?
3. We will need to go back to Guest Services after they have arrived to be able to upgrade each of their 2 day PH to the Sorcerer Pass?
1. Yes.
2. You can ask. You'd likely be issued AP "certificates" (vouchers) for them.
3. If you get a "no" on #2, then yes to #3.
If you get a "yes" on #2, they would ALSO need to go to a Guest Relations to ACTIVATE their APs.
So, I suggest that you just do #3 and get it all done at once.

Hi guys! Once I have a ticket linked in the Disneyworld app, but before I go on vacation, can I upgrade that ticket to an Annual Pass directly from the app? I was able to do this in 2019 when I had a regular park ticket for Disneyland. When I linked the ticket into the Disneyland app, a button appeared within the app to upgrade that ticket to an annual pass (which I did). Does anyone have recent experience doing this with a regular ticket and using the Disneyworld app - since the annual passes just went back on sale again?

can I upgrade that ticket to an Annual Pass directly from the app?
You need to call to upgrade to an AP. Other upgrades can be done through MDE but I don't believe you can do so for APs. Once onsite you may be able to upgrade through the app, but in advance it is only by phone.

Just a quick note for you all. Upgraded a 4 day park hopper to DVC AP + photo, no problems - thanks for all the info.

now…I also asked about upgrading an old 10 day no expire (don’t ask why I had this still)to an AP, had 2 days remaining plus water parks…long story short, CM called manager and it was a yes, I was shocked. Paid but then….not allowed, turned into a mess.

1. Just a quick note for you all. Upgraded a 4 day park hopper to DVC AP + photo, no problems - thanks for all the info.

2. now…I also asked about upgrading an old 10 day no expire (don’t ask why I had this still)to an AP, had 2 days remaining plus water parks…long story short, CM called manager and it was a yes, I was shocked. Paid but then….not allowed, turned into a mess.
1. Very nice!
2. That's a shame.
I can see how that would have been a tough one for them to put through, however.

If I have a 4 day FL resident ticket and request to upgrade to an incredipass when there (over Christmas) what is the value of the ticket used? The 4 day FL resident rate I paid, or a regular 4 day ticket?

I'm trying to see if I can save a couple hundred dollars with this strategy (FL resident 4 day for my dates approx 330/each. 4 day ticket for those dates approx 550) Which value would go towards the AP?

Appreciate any help! This may be the deciding factor in AP'ing this year...

If I have a 4 day FL resident ticket and request to upgrade to an incredipass when there (over Christmas) what is the value of the ticket used? The 4 day FL resident rate I paid, or a regular 4 day ticket?
Since yours is a specific 4-day ticket for FL Residents, and the AP is for FL Residents, I'd bet that the upgrade cost would be based on the FL Resident ticket cost.

Do they have a florida resident Annual pass? I only see the incredipass as valid over Christmas and the pricing is the same for everyone? I may be looking at the wrong thing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter