“That being said - I agree if this is the plan no reason not to upgrade before golfing.”

😂 is someone punking me?!? Again, my reason is VERY clearly stated. We will be there 9/28-10/4. We NEED to retain the 4 day tickets until 10/4 so I can still use 3 Park days for 10/1,10/2, 10/3. So, our only option is to upgrade on very last day- 10/4. By then trip mostly over so golf entitlements and 3 park days will have already been used.
I think the issue is that no one knows how Disney is going to handle this. I’ve also read that people have been told they won’t receive any credit for tickets that have been used during blockout dates for the AP they want, but no one has actual experience, so no one knows whether that’s true or not. In terms of APs and upgrading other tickets to APs, it’s a whole new world.

No, that’s not what is happening. For example, people are repeatedly telling me to upgrade upon arrival. Or telling me not to use golf benefit until we upgrade. Not reading my post.

The U.S borders are reopening for Europeans so we have resort and airfare booked :dogdance:

I still need to buy tix and I can get the 14 days ultimate tickets at $635 including memory maker.

if I buy those now is there any way of telling how much it would be to bridge to an annual pass like the sorcerer pass (DVC member)?
If I can call in and do it before we go it would be awesome.

I have a 5 day park ticket with no Park Hopper on it. If on the last day of our trip I want to Park Hop am I able to add that option for just the one day or will it force me to buy the full 5 day Park Hopper price?

I have a 5 day park ticket with no Park Hopper on it. If on the last day of our trip I want to Park Hop am I able to add that option for just the one day or will it force me to buy the full 5 day Park Hopper price?
Hopping is "all or nothing."
You would pay what it costs to Hop for the full 5 days.
Which, by the way, is actually not much more than paying for Hopping for a one-day ticket.
Do the math and see.

Last edited:
Hopping is "all or nothing."
You would pay what it costs to Hop for the full 5 days.
Which, by the way, is actually not much more than paying for Hopping for a one-day ticket.
Do the math and see.
Robo, thanks. I looked and its about $90 to add park hopping for the whole trip. I used to always do park hopping but will see how Genie+ and Lightning Pay per Ride affects our plans. Looking forward to seeing trip reports during early October.

BTW, you and I have upcoming 20 year Disboards Anniversary coming up!!Remember WPASADI?

Robo, thanks. I looked and its about $90 to add park hopping for the whole trip. I used to always do park hopping but will see how Genie+ and Lightning Pay per Ride affects our plans. Looking forward to seeing trip reports during early October.

BTW, you and I have upcoming 20 year Disboards Anniversary coming up!!Remember WPASADI?

Great to see another long-time DIS poster!
A WPASADI veteran, no less.
I never played, but looks like you were up to the challenge!

But, for a more serious challenge...
Things have never changed at WDW as much as they have within the last few years.
Have a great trip!

FYI, took exactly 6 minutes on the phone with DVC Member Services to upgrade my 7 day park hoppers to a Sorcerer AP. Easy peasy. Didn't lose our park pass reservations (and the CM specifically emphasized that we would not lose them). Couldn't have been simpler. I called the ticket line on Friday...when the prompt came up asking me to press "1" if I was a DVC member (which I did), it transferred me to the regular DVC Member Service line. When I got an agent on the phone he was super nice and put me on the "call back" list and assured me that I would get a call within 14 days to make the upgrade (and said it would likely be 3-5 days). I totally understood how slammed they were and appreciated him putting me on the call back list. The CM called today, so 5 days later. 6 minutes to complete the transaction.

FYI, took exactly 6 minutes on the phone with DVC Member Services to upgrade my 7 day park hoppers to a Sorcerer AP. Easy peasy. Didn't lose our park pass reservations (and the CM specifically emphasized that we would not lose them). Couldn't have been simpler...
Terrific report with a great outcome!
Lots of DISers will be happy with this info.
Thank you!

Successfully upgraded a 5 day (4 day plus 1 free) PH ticket bought through UT to an Incredipass. Called in and placed on a callback stating it was a 93 minute wait. Called back in about an hour. Was able to apply the UT credit (paid $519 got a credit of $563) and Disney Visa Reward dollars. Only slight glitch was it took a few attempts to link pass to my MDE. CM had to put me on hold; claimed it was because ticket originally was going to expire last year. All worked out.

Successfully upgraded a 5 day (4 day plus 1 free) PH ticket bought through UT to an Incredipass. Called in and placed on a callback stating it was a 93 minute wait. Called back in about an hour. Was able to apply the UT credit (paid $519 got a credit of $563) and Disney Visa Reward dollars. Only slight glitch was it took a few attempts to link pass to my MDE. CM had to put me on hold; claimed it was because ticket originally was going to expire last year. All worked out.
Great info!
Thank you.

My experience was similar. Once the giftcard glitch was resolved, I was able to upgrade my UT tickets to an Incredipass as well. The CM was fantastic and noticed that since I had upgraded my original May 2020 tix this past February 2021 to use next May, at first the incredipass was using Feb. 2022 as the expiration date for the voucher. She adjusted it to reflect an expiration of the voucher to a year from the date I purchased it last week. So glad she noticed or I would've been in for a shock next April when they told me my voucher was already expired.

New questions, I think (tried to scroll thru but didn't find) ...

Not FL resident. Not DVC. So I don't qualify for AP???

No hotel ressie yet. MAY off-site two weeks 2022.

Looking to purchase a 10-Day Park Hopper (Valid 14 days from 1st day of use) from a VERY reputable discount tix seller.

If I purchase now in '21, what happens if price changes OR WDW discontinues 10-Day Hopper? (They said tix will be valid next yr too, but with all these changes...?)

Also, how does it work if daily admission prices vary on the calendar during that 14-day period & I've only paid about $60 p/day buying 10-day tix??

Sorry so many Qs!!! But thx.

New questions, I think (tried to scroll thru but didn't find) ...

Not FL resident. Not DVC. So I don't qualify for AP???

No hotel ressie yet. MAY off-site two weeks 2022.

Looking to purchase a 10-Day Park Hopper (Valid 14 days from 1st day of use) from a VERY reputable discount tix seller.

If I purchase now in '21, what happens if price changes OR WDW discontinues 10-Day Hopper? (They said tix will be valid next yr too, but with all these changes...?)

Also, how does it work if daily admission prices vary on the calendar during that 14-day period & I've only paid about $60 p/day buying 10-day tix??

Only AP you can get as a non-FL/non-DVC is Incredi-Pass

10-day PH works fine. If you buy from a reputable dealer with the correct starting dates, the prices are locked in for you. If you make changes after you do it through the MDE webpage or app and they will charge you accordingly if the dates are more expensive than the ones you paid for.

2. If I purchase now in '21, what happens if price changes OR WDW discontinues 10-Day Hopper? (They said tix will be valid next yr too, but with all these changes...?)

3. Also, how does it work if daily admission prices vary on the calendar during that 14-day period & I've only paid about $60 p/day buying 10-day tix??

1. Any of the established official WDW ticket resellers/discounters' tickets are "reliable."
2. You'll still be able to use the tickets, as-purchased.
3. If you purchase tickets valid on your trip dates when you bought the tickets, you'll be able to use those tickets on those pre-planned dates when you go.
It doesn't matter how much you PAID for your tickets, if you ordered them as being valid on the dates of your trip when you bought them.
Only if YOU change the dates of your trip will you have to be concerned with a possible price increase.

Only AP you can get as a non-FL/non-DVC is Incredi-Pass

10-day PH works fine. If you buy from a reputable dealer with the correct starting dates, the prices are locked in for you. If you make changes after you do it through the MDE webpage or app and they will charge you accordingly if the dates are more expensive than the ones you paid for.

Ah! Ok..I was worried bc I couldn't find a way to buy 10-Day online from WDW Official site!
Thx very much for your help! :earsgirl:

1. Any of the established official WDW ticket resellers/discounters' tickets are "reliable."
2. You'll still be able to use the tickets, as-purchased.
3. If you purchase tickets valid on your trip dates when you bought the tickets, you'll be able to use those tickets on those pre-planned dates when you go.
It doesn't matter how much you PAID for your tickets, if you ordered them as being valid on the dates of your trip when you bought them.
Only if YOU change the dates of your trip will you have to be concerned with a possible price increase.

Thank you. Last time I was here, it was frowned upon to discuss discount tix outlets bc few were reputable & DISNEY discouraged it bc fraudulent tix, so I wasn't sure how to ask.

🏰🎆🎇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter