I purchased a four day park hopper option. in mde under 'tickets and memory maker' it says four day theme park ticket with park hopper option. But, it lists it three times, not four times. So am i missing one ticket listed? and how do i get that corrected if the phone wdw call lines are two hour waits? is there another way?
Is there a “chat” option that pops up?
Also, if your trip is not very soon, wait awhile and see what happens in your MDX.
Try using another browser. Reboot and log in again, etc.
Treat MDX as “glitchy software” (which it often is.)
Otherwise, try calling at an “off” time.

Last edited:
We currently have Florida Resident Weekday Select passes that we bought before the closure, and renewed since the reopening.

We're planning a trip in September with our daughter and her family (who will be buying regular tickets). They are planning on being at the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday, and they're hoping that we will buy a one day ticket (since our passes aren't good on weekends) so we can be there with them that day.

The one day Florida resident price for that Saturday is showing at $138, and I'm wondering how much more it would be to just upgrade to Silver Passes instead, but of course since they're not currently selling APs there is no price listed on the website.

Can anybody tell me what the upgrade would cost?

Can anybody tell me what the upgrade would cost?
General rule of upgrade cost:
Subtract the Disney price of the ticket that you have (on the date that you bought it) from the Disney price of the ticket that you want on the date that you do the upgrade.
Pay that difference for the upgrade.

General rule of upgrade cost:
Subtract the Disney price of the ticket that you have (on the date that you bought it) from the Disney price of the ticket that you want on the date that you do the upgrade.
Pay that difference for the upgrade.

Thank you for that, I do understand, it's just that the prices for the different levels of annual pass are not currently listed on the Disney World website, so I don't know how much the Silver Pass costs.

Question:
For our trip back in 2003, we had non expiring tickets for me and my husband (my daughter was young enough not to need a ticket). We had to leave a day early because my husband got sick, and therefore didn't use one of the days on our tickets. We kept them, and at some point on one of our other trips (either in 2012 or 2015), we had them converted to a single day admission ticket with a QR code on the back. My question is.....if I buy tickets with my hotel reservation for an upcoming trip, can I still add these single day tickets to MDE? We only have 2, so either one of us will have to sit out a day or we will have to buy another single day admission. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Use the single day admissions first? or after the tickets with my package? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Question:
if I buy tickets with my hotel reservation for an upcoming trip,
1. can I still add these single day tickets to MDE? I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.
2. Use the single day admissions first? or after the tickets with my package?
1. Yes. BUT...
If this upcoming trip is longer than 3-4 days, I would NOT USE your non-expiring tickets during this trip.
Your (very valuable) one-day tickets would be reduced in effective value to a very low rate.
In effect, nearly wasted.
Better to continue to hold the tickets until a shorter trip in the future.
(If you want another day on this upcoming trip, just make your new multi-day tickets a day longer.

2. If you do decide to use your old tickets, at what point in the trip does not matter.

The one day Florida resident price for that Saturday is showing at $138, and I'm wondering how much more it would be to just upgrade to Silver Passes instead, but of course since they're not currently selling APs there is no price listed on the website
I don't believe they will allow you to upgrade to a Silver Pass since those are not available for sale at this time. However, to answer your question about cost -- the last price I find on www.AllEars.net was 2019, which lists the Silver Pass at $479-$529. As Robo mentions, subtract the cost of your weekday select ticket to get the upgrade cost.

I discovered this board recently and really enjoy reading everyone's insights. I've scanned the previous posts, and I don't think this question has been asked before.

Background:
Last year, my family took the AP refund offer; we live in Oklahoma and could not travel to Orlando during the summer while the kids were out of school. In April 2021, we were approved to purchase AP again; however, since APs were limited to only 3 days reservations and we were planning to stay in Orlando for 10 days, we purchased 10-day park hopper tickets.

Questions:
Since I purchased the 10 tickets via the Disney website and already linked them to the family members, can we bypass the ticket booth and use our magic bands to get in? Or do we need to go to the ticket booth first?
Will we be allowed to upgrade our tickets since we previously approved to purchase AP?
Should we call the 1-800#, visit the ticket booth at Epcot (our first park), guest relations at Epcot, or someplace else?
If we can upgrade, what happens to the 10 days and the dining we have reserved already?

I discovered this board recently and really enjoy reading everyone's insights. I've scanned the previous posts, and I don't think this question has been asked before.

Background:
Last year, my family took the AP refund offer; we live in Oklahoma and could not travel to Orlando during the summer while the kids were out of school. In April 2021, we were approved to purchase AP again; however, since APs were limited to only 3 days reservations and we were planning to stay in Orlando for 10 days, we purchased 10-day park hopper tickets.

Questions:
Since I purchased the 10 tickets via the Disney website and already linked them to the family members,
1. can we bypass the ticket booth and use our magic bands to get in?
2. Or do we need to go to the ticket booth first?
3. Will we be allowed to upgrade our tickets since we previously approved to purchase AP?
4. Should we call the 1-800#,
5. visit the ticket booth at Epcot (our first park), guest relations at Epcot,
or someplace else?
If we can upgrade,
6. what happens to the 10 days and the dining we have reserved already?
1. Yes
2. Nope.
3. If you have some kind of Disney info to show (is it in your MDX account?) then, yes.
4. Only if you don’t have the authorization showing in your MDX already.
5. Either will be fine.
6. Nothing will change.

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. Nope.
3. If you have some kind of Disney info to show (is it in your MDX account?) then, yes.
5. Either will be fine.
6. Nothing will change.
Thank you!

Question... I have called Disney 3 times in the past 2 days about this, but a 2 hour hold hasn't been possible.
DH and I were supposed to go to WDW in January and had to cancel due to Covid. The cash value of our park tickets is "on hold" at Disney, good indefinitely towards another set of tickets. I have the phone number and the original reservation number. My question is, do DH and I have to be the ones to "use" the money associated with these tickets? DD and I are thinking of taking a fast trip before school starts and I'd like to use the on-hold tickets to offset the cost of the tickets for this trip. January tickets were 2 day base tickets and that's what I'd be buying this time (although I'll assume the ticket prices have gone up). Anyhow.. can I use this money towards tickets for DD and me, or can it only be used for DH and me, as we were the original ticket holders? I want to have all my ducks in a row before talking to them, so no surprises, especially knowing that not all CMs are up-to-date or completely accurate!

Question... I have called Disney 3 times in the past 2 days about this, but a 2 hour hold hasn't been possible.
DH and I were supposed to go to WDW in January and had to cancel due to Covid. The cash value of our park tickets is "on hold" at Disney, good indefinitely towards another set of tickets. I have the phone number and the original reservation number. My question is,
1. do DH and I have to be the ones to "use" the money associated with these tickets?
2. DD and I are thinking of taking a fast trip before school starts and I'd like to use the on-hold tickets to offset the cost of the tickets for this trip. January tickets were 2 day base tickets and that's what I'd be buying this time (although I'll assume the ticket prices have gone up).
4. Anyhow.. can I use this money towards tickets for DD and me, or can it only be used for DH and me, as we were the original ticket holders? I want to have all my ducks in a row before talking to them, so no surprises,
5. especially knowing that not all CMs are up-to-date or completely accurate!
1, 2, 3, & 4. When you finally buy (or otherwise acquire) the new tickets, either or both of the new tickets can be reassigned to anyone else, as new tickets can be transferred to another guest who is either "in" your MDX account, or who is "connected to" your MDX account with their own account.
5. Yup.
BTW, (if you are not Florida residents) there is no reason why your DD cannot simply "go as" your DH.
Even if his name is "William" and her name is "Ellen," it will not make any difference as far as using the never-used tickets. She cannot use DH's MagicBand, but she can certainly use his actual unused ticket.

I purchased 6 day base tickets for my end of July trip from a discount seller. Now I’m thinking that I want to upgrade to hoppers & add a 7th day (to use for a few hours the morning of our late afternoon flight). I believe that I need to wait until we get to Disney to do these upgrades in person, but do I need to enter a park to activate the tickets first? I want to plan to do the upgrading ASAP so I can make the extra day’s park reservation as early as possible.

I purchased 6 day base tickets for my end of July trip from a discount seller. Now I’m thinking that I want to upgrade to hoppers & add a 7th day (to use for a few hours the morning of our late afternoon flight). I believe that I need to wait until we get to Disney to do these upgrades in person, but do I need to enter a park to activate the tickets first? I want to plan to do the upgrading ASAP so I can make the extra day’s park reservation as early as possible.

I did all of that in the app under tickets. (I added one additional day and changed from base to hoppers)

I purchased 6 day base tickets for my end of July trip from a discount seller. Now I’m thinking that I want to upgrade to hoppers & add a 7th day (to use for a few hours the morning of our late afternoon flight).
1. I believe that I need to wait until we get to Disney to do these upgrades in person, but
2. do I need to enter a park to activate the tickets first?
1. Not necessarily.
Try doing so from your MDX account.
Or, try calling Disney to help.
2. No.

1. Yes
2. Nope.
5. Either will be fine.
6. Nothing will change.
I checked our MDX account after your post and there was no visible record of us being approved to purchase APs again. My wife was successful in upgrading our 10 days to APs after talking to a couple of agents and spending over 3 hours on the phone. A couple of things we discovered in the process. First, we needed the confirmation number from the 10 day tickets, secondly we needed to use the same credit card for the upgrade transaction, and lastly if our account had not been previously approved we would have been out of luck.

Robo, thanks again for your help!

I had 4 2 day tickets assigned to members of my family for a trip that is no longer happening. I canceled the park reservations, but what do I do now? Can I un assign them? What do I need to do to use them in the future (assuming this trip gets rescheduled at some point)? Can I use them for other people?

I had 4 2 day tickets assigned to members of my family for a trip that is no longer happening.
1. I canceled the park reservations, but what do I do now?
2. Can I un assign them?
3. What do I need to do to use them in the future (assuming this trip gets rescheduled at some point)?
4. Can I use them for other people?
1. Nothing is required.
2. Nope. (Not necessary.)
3. Nothing is required.
4. If you like. (Unused tickets can be reassigned.)
If your next trip comes after your current tickets' final expiration date (all current tickets are sold with expiration dates,) you can use the tickets' original value to help pay for new (at that time) tickets.

1. Nothing is required.
2. Nope. (Not necessary.)
3. Nothing is required.
4. If you like. (Unused tickets can be reassigned.)
If your next trip comes after your current tickets' final expiration date (all current tickets are sold with expiration dates,) you can use the tickets' original value to help pay for new (at that time) tickets.
Thank you. So I'll just leave them in my mde account until I need them?

Thank you. So I'll just leave them in my mde account until I need them?
Yup.
Nothing is required for you to do.
(I would copy down the ticket NUMBERS and store those numbers in a separate place (on your computer) for future reference.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!