So Disney would upgrade me like I paid for 3 days even though I have 5 day tickets? Has anyone read anyone's experience on trying this?
See my answers to your reposting in the "Tickets" Sticky.

Yes.
In certain cases in the past, your tickets could be treated as 5-day (not just 3-day.)
That's why I said to "ask nicely."
Ok thank you! So do you think only my TA can do this or I can call myself? Also what is the best number to call?

You paid for 3 days. The two bonus days are exactly that- bonus days. They have no cash value and wouldn’t affect changes you made to your vacation. The quote seems right for the difference between 3 and 4 days.

As an almost-always rule: if there’s an angle to be found, whether it’s a line of sight or a potential pricing bonanza, expect Disney’s accountants to have already identified it and have a plan in place that is beneficial to the company.

So Disney would upgrade me like I paid for 3 days even though I have 5 day tickets? Has anyone read anyone's experience on trying this?
You have a package booked, so you don't actually "own" the tickets until check-in date. To add 1 day will modify the package from "buy 3 get 2 free" to "buy 4 get 2 free."

If you wait to upgrade after arrival, the tickets would then be treated as full-value 5-day vs 6-day. But you risk not getting a park reservation if you wait to upgrade oon-site.

Your TA will need to make the package adjustment. WDW won't do it for you because you used a TA. Once you arrive, you can make changes yourself.

A couple of days ago I added a day to my six day ticket just by going into my MDE account and clicking on tickets and passes or something like that and then there was a button with change ticket or something like that. It only cost me about $20 to add a day. For you, maybe less going from 9 to 10. It only took me a minute or two.

Thanks for the heads-up. We decided we likely wouldn't have enough time to get in there when you put dinner at the airport (probably), luggage claim, MDE, walk to room, offload, walk to skyliner into the equation with a flight landing at like 6:50pm. And if we did, the kids would probably be a mess the next morning. To the pool we'll go!

If I buy a regular 4 day ticket and want to add a 5th day after using some days during the trip, can I do it online or do I need to go to guest services? Also, 4 day online is $20 less than gate pricing. If I add a day, would it just be difference between 4 and 5 day pricing online or would it revert to gate pricing?
We're not sure if we'd use the 5th day, so don't want to get it now.

If I buy a regular 4 day ticket and want to add a 5th day after using some days during the trip,
1. can I do it online or do I need to go to guest services?
Also, 4 day online is $20 less than gate pricing.
2. If I add a day, would it just be difference between 4 and 5 day pricing online or would it revert to gate pricing?
1. Likely either will work. (You can also upgrade at any ticket booth.)
If you upgrade in-person at some point after, say, 1pm there should be little to no wait, anyway.
2. On-line price.

Reactions: ldo

I've been on hold for over an hour with Disney; I can't figure out how to change my tickets online and don't want to mess it up, so thought I'd ask here. My situation: I currently have one day passes and park reservations for Epcot on 4/14/21. I want to change the park reservation to 4/16/21, but there is a price increase (from $126 to $132). These are one day tickets, bought for the specific day. Can I do this online? How? I'm worried I'll cancel my park reservation for the 14th and then won't be able to make one for the 16th because there's a price increase on my ticket. It gets more complicated as I want to purchase a ticket for a friend for the 16th also, but she's not traveling with us so I don't know if I should try to link her to my account or not... can I even do that? (and just to complicate things, I want to use my Disney VISA reward card to pay for both my tickets and the new one... but that's the easy part of this transaction!).

I've been on hold for over an hour with Disney; I can't figure out how to change my tickets online and don't want to mess it up, so thought I'd ask here. My situation: I currently have one day passes and park reservations for Epcot on 4/14/21. I want to change the park reservation to 4/16/21, but there is a price increase (from $126 to $132). These are one day tickets, bought for the specific day.
Can I do this online? How? I'm worried I'll cancel my park reservation for the 14th and then won't be able to make one for the 16th because there's a price increase on my ticket. It gets more complicated as I want to purchase a ticket for a friend for the 16th also, but she's not traveling with us so I don't know if I should try to link her to my account or not... can I even do that? (and just to complicate things, I want to use my Disney VISA reward card to pay for both my tickets and the new one... but that's the easy part of this transaction!).
Stay on hold.
(Or call back early tomorrow morning.)

Absolutely call.
It really doesn’t matter what may have happened in other cases. With the recent events of the past year, each case can be handled separately.
Wanted to advise that I was able to upgrade over the phone! I waited another week, and some HS dates are now taken (no idea why the weekends are available but weekdays are not, but whatever). My upgrade math was correct to the penny. Looks like they bridged the 2 day non-date specific park hopper price at time of expiration in Jan 2019, and not the cheaper 2017 price when I originally booked the BB package, so I am a happy camper! Thanks Robo!

Hi, sorry for asking a question that is likely answered in these 540 pages. We just purchased tickets for a June Trip to use our DVC points. Purchased a 2 day ticket as we want to go explore other things while in Orlando. It shows that our two day ticket has to be used over a four day period. Is that right? We were trying to spread it out to fit some planning and four days makes it hard. I thought we had ten days. Especially since all but one day for HS was booked and it conflicts with when our stay at Boardwalk for Epcot was planned.

Hi, sorry for asking a question that is likely answered in these 540 pages. We just purchased tickets for a June Trip to use our DVC points. Purchased a 2 day ticket as we want to go explore other things while in Orlando.
It shows that our two day ticket has to be used over a four day period.
1. Is that right? We were trying to spread it out to fit some planning and four days makes it hard.
2. I thought we had ten days.
1. Yes.
2. Not anymore.

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period(s)
1-Day Ticket valid one day on the date selected (Next day can be used for “+ Option” with a PH+ ticket)
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date (5 days with PH+)
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date (6 days with PH+)
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on thestart date (8 days with PH+)
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (10 days with PH+)
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date (11 days with PH+)
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date (13 days with PH+)
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date (14 days with PH+)
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date (15 days with PH+)

1. Yes.
2. Not anymore.

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period(s)
1-Day Ticket valid one day on the date selected (Next day can be used for “+ Option” with a PH+ ticket)
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date (5 days with PH+)
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date (6 days with PH+)
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on thestart date (8 days with PH+)
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (10 days with PH+)
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date (11 days with PH+)
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date (13 days with PH+)
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date (14 days with PH+)
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date (15 days with PH+)

That's disappointing. All these changes are making me want to forget about Disney.

If we buy tickets from Tickets at Work or ID.me, it says we have to pick them up at will call. Does anyone know if we get a ticket number to link to MDE? Will this allow us to make reservations and bypass Will Call?

If we buy tickets from Tickets at Work or ID.me, it says
1. we have to pick them up at will call.
2. Does anyone know if we get a ticket number to link to MDE?
3. Will this allow us to make reservations and
4. bypass Will Call?
1. OR, at any Guest Relations. OR, at any ticket booth.
2. Ask. (In most cases with authorized ticket sellers, they CAN provide the number almost immediately.)
3. If you get the ticket numbers... yes.
4. OR, any Guest Relations. OR, any ticket booth.

If I buy PH tix and they begin selling AP's can I upgrade PH's to AP's? Does this answer change if I've bought the PH's through UT or TixAtWork?

Hi, I currently have two 6-day park hopper tickets that expire on Sept 26th of this year. However, we won't be able to go back until June 2022. I have made my resort reservation, but apparently I can't convert my current tickets to future tickets online (unless I'm missing something). I know I can apply the cost of my current tickets to new tickets, but I'm not sure how I go about doing that. Do I just call and do it over the phone? Is there a specific number to call?

OK, so I have a trip set for first week of January 2022. I will be buying PH's soon (7 day). We arrive on 01/01 but do not plan on using our first park day until 01/02.

I intend on upgrading my passes to AP's if/when they offer them. IF we have a park day on 01/02 and that's blacked out from the Gold AP - will I not be able to upgrade? Or should I then wait until 01/03 to use them and then upgrade after first use? I don't mind having a non-park day on 01/02 if thats the only way for me to upgrade to a Gold AP. But want to make sure I'm planning right. (I'm aware the AP release is a big "what if" for now.)

OK, so I have a trip set for first week of January 2022. I will be buying PH's soon (7 day). We arrive on 01/01 but do not plan on using our first park day until 01/02.

I intend on upgrading my passes to AP's if/when they offer them. IF we have a park day on 01/02 and that's blacked out from the Gold AP - will I not be able to upgrade? Or should I then wait until 01/03 to use them and then upgrade after first use? I don't mind having a non-park day on 01/02 if thats the only way for me to upgrade to a Gold AP. But want to make sure I'm planning right. (I'm aware the AP release is a big "what if" for now.)
Upgrade on a non-blackout day.
BUT, you can USE your regular ticket on an AP blackout day, then you can upgrade on a later day during the time your ticket is still useful.
Same full upgrade value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter