A. I have a 5 day Canadian Resident Ticket I purchased through Airmiles that must be first used by September 27.
B. We are not going to December now.
C. Will I be able to use the “value” of the ticket to get a 4-day pass or will I have to pay the difference to make it a useable 5 day pass?
D. Also, if you have 5 day ticket, but are only able to go to the park 4 days, can you use 2 days of value to park hop on the same day?
A. OK.
B. You are not going to WDW until December.
C. If the 4-day ticket that you WANT costs MORE than the 5-day ticket that you HAVE, that is considered an "upgrade" and is allowed.
If the 4-day ticket that you WANT does NOT cost more than the 5-day ticket that you HAVE, that is NOT considered an "upgrade" and might not be allowed.
(If it is not allowed, then you need to "upgrade" by buying a ticket of some kind that DOES cost more than the ticket that has expired.)
D. No.

staying at GF in March. My D has a new AP since she just turned 3 (the rest of us have renewals). Do I have to go all the way to TTC to activate hers? (also want to get new AP cards as the last ones have the prev year on it).
Last time when we got our APs for first time, it was so easy to activate as we were staying at YC so just stopped at the ticket booth on international gateway...This is sounding harder!

A. What is your purpose of needing two separate 2-day tickets?
Are you all going on two separate trips to WDW?

B. Regardless, the easiest way to buy a 2-day ticket is to order it from WDW on-line or over the phone.
C. BEFORE you go to a park gate, stop at any Guest Relations or ticket booth and have the CM set the PRIORITY of the tickets in your daughter's MDX account so that the ticket that she wants to use NEXT is set to the highest priority.

We had a bad experience at our last trip with my in-laws and were given 5 2 day park hoppers complimentary. My in-laws aren’t going back so I linked the extra 2 2 day tickets to my husband and I since my daughter would need a child ticket which is a little cheaper, so we are left with needing a 2 day ticket for her.

Thanks for the reply, I just wasn’t sure the best way of doing this!

staying at GF in March. My D has a new AP since she just turned 3 (the rest of us have renewals).
1. Do I have to go all the way to TTC to activate hers? (also want to get new AP cards as the last ones have the prev year on it).
Last time when we got our APs for first time, it was so easy to activate as we were staying at YC so just stopped at the ticket booth on international gateway...
2. This is sounding harder!
1. You didn't say that your first stop was going to be MK, but I'll assume that's why you're asking about TTC.
There are Guest Relations and Will-Call windows just outside the MK gates. Both will work for activating a new AP.
2. I don't see why that's the case. (You didn't say why it would be "harder.")
Is there something else that would make it more complex?

1. You didn't say that your first stop was going to be MK, but I'll assume that's why you're asking about TTC.
There are Guest Relations and Will-Call windows just outside the MK gates. Both will work for activating a new AP.
2. I don't see why that's the case. (You didn't say why it would be "harder.")
Is there something else that would make it more complex?

yes MK. Was not sure that there was guest relations at MK that could do this. yay!
Harder (more like less convenient) as I was looking forward to rolling out of bed and going straight to MK since I had decided to splurge for the GF stay for the convenience. But glad I can do it at MK. Just could not think of where the will call was there as I have not used that one... First world problems. hahah

yes MK. Was not sure that there was guest relations at MK that could do this. yay!
Harder (more like less convenient) as I was looking forward to rolling out of bed and going straight to MK since I had decided to splurge for the GF stay for the convenience. But glad I can do it at MK. Just could not think of where the will call was there as I have not used that one... First world problems. hahah

Guest Relations is at what I labelled as #9 on the map below.
GR can do all that "Will Call" can do.
But, there is an actual "Will Call" window outside MK, too.

MK_Gates_090817_zpsz6xveu0x.jpg

Guest Relations is at what I labelled as #9 on the map below.
GR can do all that "Will Call" can do.
But, there is an actual "Will Call" window outside MK, too.
Thanks Robo, this is helpful. Appreciate all the help you give! I think I vaguely recall these windows!

If my family of 4 is going to Disney, but I only want 2 of the tickets (my husband and myself) to have hoppers....is there a way to do this? I don’t want to pay to make all hoppers since we would be the only ones hopping.

If I wait to add the hopper until we get there, can I add it to just 2 of the tickets??

If my family of 4 is going to Disney, but I only want 2 of the tickets (my husband and myself) to have hoppers....

1. is there a way to do this? I don’t want to pay to make all hoppers since we would be the only ones hopping.
2. If I wait to add the hopper until we get there, can I add it to just 2 of the tickets??
1. If you bought stand-alone tickets from Disney, you can call now and ask to upgrade the specific tickets (that you want) to add the Hopper.

If you have purchased your tickets as part of a WDW Resort Package, all tickets for guests in the package must have the SAME kind of tickets before arrival.

2. But, even if you DO have WDW Resort Package tickets, if you wait to add the Hopper after you arrive, you can do so on just the tickets that you want.

Last edited:
A. OK.
B. You are not going to WDW until December.
C. If the 4-day ticket that you WANT costs MORE than the 5-day ticket that you HAVE, that is considered an "upgrade" and is allowed.
If the 4-day ticket that you WANT does NOT cost more than the 5-day ticket that you HAVE, that is NOT considered an "upgrade" and might not be allowed.
(If it is not allowed, then you need to "upgrade" by buying a ticket of some kind that DOES cost more than the ticket that has expired.)
D. No.

If the ticket has expired and it’s loaded in MDE, will it still allow me to book FPs+ with it? Also, can I do the upgrade by phone or do I need to do it at guest services?

1. If the ticket has expired and it’s loaded in MDE, will it still allow me to book FPs+ with it?
2. Also, can I do the upgrade by phone
3. or do I need to do it at guest services?
1. Based on what happens with expired AP's, I'd say no.

2. I'm not sure they will allow that.
(But, you can call and "ask nicely.")
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

3. That would be the standard procedure with most ticket needs.

Last edited:
I have an unactivated AP that I purchased in October prior to the price increase. Is it possible for me to purchase DAH tickets with an AP discount now? Or do I have to wait until after I activate? (Forgive me if I've missed this elsewhere.)

I have an unactivated AP that I purchased in October prior to the price increase. Is it possible for me to purchase DAH tickets with an AP discount now? Or do I have to wait until after I activate? (Forgive me if I've missed this elsewhere.)
You can. If you are signed into your account and you have the AP in your MDE, it'll let you purchase them online.

Before leaving EPCOT on my last trip I upgraded a 5 day tix to an AP pass. I also had a few tix from previous visits which are “non-expiring” that CM added to my MDE. So, my question is how can I be certain that when I enter a park on my next visit my AP will be activated and not those extra days that were added.

Before leaving EPCOT on my last trip I upgraded a 5 day tix to an AP pass. I also had a few tix from previous visits which are “non-expiring” that CM added to my MDE. So, my question is how can I be certain that when I enter a park on my next visit my AP will be activated and not those extra days that were added.

To choose which ticket you DO want to use next:

Before heading to a park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket that you want to use NEXT to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE file.
That ticket will be used until it is used up... or until you have another ticket's priority set higher.

To choose which ticket you DO want to use next:

Before heading to a park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the CM set the ticket that you want to use NEXT to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE file.
That ticket will be used until it is used up... or until you have another ticket's priority set higher.

That’s what I thought but I just wanted to be sure.
Thank you!

I haven't done this since Disney changed the ticket pricing structure so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

1) My travel dates are 3-17-19 through 3-22-19
2) I'm going to buy (4) 10 day one park per day tickets for $1900 from Boardwalk Ticketing (Normally $2064.52 at WDW)
3) Good through 3-10-19 to 3-25-19
4) I want to upgrade to (4) DVC AP's for $2594.36
5) When I go to Guest Relations I should only have to pay $529.84?

I haven't done this since Disney changed the ticket pricing structure so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

2) I'm going to buy (4) 10 day one park per day tickets for $1900 from Boardwalk Ticketing
(Normally $2064.52 at WDW)
If the prices you quoted are correct... yes.

$2594.36
=$529.84

2) I'm going to buy (4) 10 day one park per day tickets for $1900 from Boardwalk Ticketing (Normally $2064.52 at WDW)
Just so you know, those tickets for those dates direct from Disney are $2035.80, and good 3/10-3/23 when I just looked this up. This means you are saving about 6.7% by using Boardwalk Ticketing. Consider if there is someplace you could save more than 6.7% on Disney Gift cards and buy direct from Disney. Then you don't have to worry about finding a CM who can properly bridge your boardwalk ticketing tickets to gate price. Used 3 hours on a 3 day trip once, and only once. Now I'm buying directly from Disney with Gift Cards I got at 20% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter