Just wanted to post with my experience recently about upgrading...
Thanks, @linzjane88, for taking the time to post your recent upgrade experiences. It helps so much to hear recent reports.

So it's all done and everyone has an AP .
Aaaaaand if your in the market for an upgrade perhaps hit up MK.

To that last exact point, I'll take the opportunity to say that choosing WHERE to upgrade should not be based
on previous results, good or poor.
Over the course of many years of keeping track of ticket issues,
I can say that every location has its share of good results -AND- tales of "horror."
In point of fact, one or two of the more recent reports of REALLY poor (scary bad) service from ticketing CMs came from the MK!

The CMs who happen to be working at any location are absolutely THE reason for the quality of service rendered.
And, the staff of CMs located at any location can change all the time. (ALL the time.)
Consider that personnel reassignments, vacation schedules, retirements, new recruits, lunch or dinner breaks, "coffee break" schedules, or even just "having a bad day" (or various combinations of the above) can all figure into which CMs you might encounter on any given day, at any given time, and at any given location.
So, of any criteria used for attempting a "good outcome" when upgrading, choosing by "location" is the more chancy.

Last edited:
Just wanted to make certain I am correct about this--it's been a long time since I upgraded tickets. I have 7 Day Park Hopper Plus Tickets as part of my package for the summer. I should be able to upgrade to AP. If I've used a day of the Water Parks, then I have to upgrade to Platinum Plus, correct?

Just wanted to make certain I am correct about this--it's been a long time since I upgraded tickets. I have 7 Day Park Hopper Plus Tickets as part of my package for the summer.
1. I should be able to upgrade to AP.
2. If I've used a day of the Water Parks, then I have to upgrade to Platinum Plus, correct?
1. Yes.
2. Correct.

Hey all, I purchased our child ticket using airmiles as I had some left over. We received a card (like a visa card) that says Exchange Certificate. It says on the card to redeem at one of the ticket sale locations at the theme parks. I was hoping for an actual ticket, but oh well. So if that is the case, how am I supposed to select my FP+ times 60 days in advance? Or am I out of luck. I wish I had of checked this before I purchased it, I never use airmiles for anything so thought it was a good way to save some money, but now I may be regretting it :(.

Thanks for any help

Hey all, I purchased our child ticket using airmiles as I had some left over. We received a card (like a visa card) that says Exchange Certificate. It says on the card to redeem at one of the ticket sale locations at the theme parks. I was hoping for an actual ticket, but oh well. So if that is the case, how am I supposed to select my FP+ times 60 days in advance? Or am I out of luck. I wish I had of checked this before I purchased it, I never use airmiles for anything so thought it was a good way to save some money, but now I may be regretting it :(.

Thanks for any help

First, try entering the number on that card into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)
-If that does't work-
Then, try talking to AirMiles to get a ticket number, then enter that number into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)
-If that does't work-
Then, try talking to WDW ticketing to get a ticket number, then enter that number into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)

WDW Ticketing: (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

First, try entering the number on that card into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)
-If that does't work-
Then, try talking to AirMiles to get a ticket number, then enter that number into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)
-If that does't work-
Then, try talking to WDW ticketing to get a ticket number, then enter that number into your MDX account (in the tickets area.)

-or-

OK, was thinking of calling WDW, but thought I would ask here first in case anyone knew. Thanks for the info!

My sister and niece purchased 3 day hopper tickets for $380.26 each. They will be using them February 25-28. A couple of days after they bought their tickets Disney released a Four Park Magic Value Ticket that is one day in each park without park hopping for $362.10. If they want to, is it possible to switch their ticket to this? If it can be done, can it be done beforehand or only when we get there? Thanks for any help you can offer.

My sister and niece purchased 3 day hopper tickets for $380.26 each. They will be using them February 25-28. A couple of days after they bought their tickets Disney released a Four Park Magic Value Ticket that is one day in each park without park hopping for $362.10. If they want to, is it possible to switch their ticket to this? If it can be done, can it be done beforehand or only when we get there? Thanks for any help you can offer.

It is "officially" not allowed to "downgrade" (trade to a ticket that costs less than the one you already have.)

However, it never hurts to "ask nicely" for what you'd like.
Before using the current ticket, go to a WDW Guest Relations and ask if there can be a trade made for the tickets wanted.

One of three things might happen.
1- They might allow the trade, but no refund will be given.
-or-
2- They might allow the trade, and a refund of the difference might be given on a Disney gift card.
-or-
3- They might not allow the trade.

It is "officially" not allowed to "downgrade" (trade to a ticket that costs less than the one you already have.)

However, it never hurts to "ask nicely" for what you'd like.
Before using the current ticket, go to a WDW Guest Relations and ask if there can be a trade made for the tickets wanted.

One of three things might happen.
1- They might allow the trade, but no refund will be given.
-or-
2- They might allow the trade, and a refund of the difference might be given on a Disney gift card.
-or-
3- They might not allow the trade.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. We’ll see what they say when we get there. Not a big deal if they won’t let us.

-If that does't work-
-If that does't work-

-or-

I tried the number on the certificate on the MDE account like you suggested and it worked...should have tried that originally...thanks for your help!

If you have a ticket that is connected to participating in a Wide World Sports event can it be upgraded to annual pass while you are there for competition?

If you have a ticket that is connected to participating in a Wide World Sports event can it be upgraded to annual pass while you are there for competition?

It depends on the ticket.
If it is highly discounted, it is likely non-upgradable.
But, you can always go to any Guest Relations and ask.

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to be 100% sure:

1) Buy a physical 7 day ticket (plastic). Add this to your account assigned to Person #1
2) Buy an electronic 3 day ticket and link it to Person #1
3) Transfer the 7 day ticket to Person #2 that has a magic band (but no physical ticket). Note, the physical card is still listed as belonging to Person #1 under "Magic Bands and Cards"

When that 7 day plastic ticket is scanned at the park entrance, which Person will have their park ticket activated? Person #1 or Person #2? What about for FP?

I think I know the answer to this, but I want to be 100% sure:

1) Buy a physical 7 day ticket (plastic). Add this to your account assigned to Person #1
2) Buy an electronic 3 day ticket and link it to Person #1
3) Transfer the 7 day ticket to Person #2 that has a magic band (but no physical ticket). Note, the physical card is still listed as belonging to Person #1 under "Magic Bands and Cards"

When that 7 day plastic ticket is scanned at the park entrance,
4) which Person will have their park ticket activated? Person #1 or Person #2?
5) What about for FP?
1) & 2) OK.
3) Whether a person has a MB or a Plastic Ticket, (or both) it ONLY matters to which PERSON ("profile") a ticket is assigned.
A person can have as many tickets in his/her profile as they want.
And, if a given ticket has not yet been USED ("accessed" to enter a park) inside a given profile,
it can still be transferred to another guest's profile.
4) Whichever person scanned the ticket and used a finger-scan at that time.
When a plastic ticket is assigned to a person's MDX profile, that hard ticket (plastic) can either be left ACTIVE in MDX
-or- that hard ticket (plastic) can be DEACTIVATED in MDX.
5) FP's can be booked in advance for the number of days that any given person
has valid ticket days connected to his/her profile.
Make sure that a ticket is correctly assigned to any given person (and, in some cases, "PRIORITIZED") BEFORE that person enters a park.

Last edited:
Sorry to be dense....to be clear, for 4) the ID# of the plastic ticket is assigned to Person #1 in their MDX profile (and active), but the entitlements were moved to Person #2. In my example, if Person #1 used the hard plastic ticket (orig from a 7 day) to enter the park, would it activate the 3 day ticket on Person #1s MDX profile? In other words, is a plastic ticket just a magic band?

Sorry to be dense....to be clear, for 4) the ID# of the plastic ticket is assigned to Person #1 in their MDX profile (and active), but the entitlements were moved to Person #2. In my example, if Person #1 used the hard plastic ticket (orig from a 7 day) to enter the park, would it activate the 3 day ticket on Person #1s MDX profile? In other words, is a plastic ticket just a magic band?

Plastic tickets and MBs are interchangeable for park entry use and FP use once a ticket (ticket number) has been assigned to MDX.
But, Theme Park Tickets are kind of "wild" in that they are not actually "attached to" anyone until a person USES that
ticket at a park gate and that person's finger-scan is (automatically) attached to that ticket.
After that happens, that ticket is "locked to" that person (MDX profile) and can no longer be transferred to someone else.
This is why it is so important to KNOW BEFORE a guest goes to a park gate exactly
WHICH ticket is PRIORITIZED (set to the highest priority in MDX) in that person's MDX account.

If a ticket is not assigned to an MDX account, it can still be used via the original plastic card
by the first person who scans-in with it.

My husband and I each have 2 2 day park hopper tickets while my daughter only has 1 2 day park hopper. What is the easiest way to get her another 2 day ticket (doesn’t have to be park hopper as we won’t park hop everyday) and make sure they get used correctly when we park hop and when we don’t? Thanks!

I have a 5 day Canadian Resident Ticket I purchased through Airmiles that must be first used by September 27. We are not going to December now. Will I be able to use the “value” of the ticket to get a 4-day pass or will I have to pay the difference to make it a useable 5 day pass?

Also, if you have 5 day ticket, but are only able to go to the park 4 days, can you use 2 days of value to park hop on the same day?

A. My husband and I each have 2 2 day park hopper tickets while my daughter only has 1 2 day park hopper.
B What is the easiest way to get her another 2 day ticket (doesn’t have to be park hopper as we won’t park hop everyday)
C. and make sure they get used correctly when we park hop and when we don’t? Thanks!

A. What is your purpose of needing two separate 2-day tickets?
Are you all going on two separate trips to WDW?

B. Regardless, the easiest way to buy a 2-day ticket is to order it from WDW on-line or over the phone.
C. BEFORE you go to a park gate, stop at any Guest Relations or ticket booth and have the CM set the PRIORITY of the tickets in your daughter's MDX account so that the ticket that she wants to use NEXT is set to the highest priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!