AP Renewal Question!

I have the Platinum AP, am within my 60 day renewal window, and will be traveling in on Friday.
1. I have a 4-Day park hopper that went unused this summer during a family vacation that is attached to my name.
2. I thought that it would use the ticket as I scanned in each day and
3. was surprised to see I still have the ticket until sometime in January when it expires.
4. I want to use this ticket toward my renewal,
5. which I understand has to be done at a ticket window / GR location.
6. Is the value on the ticket the current 4-Day price, or would it be the price the ticket was when we booked the package?
7. We had booked in before the prices changed, so I'm assuming that will be the value of the ticket.

I'm trying to do my math so I know what to expect, but I don't know whether or not the current prices apply, or if I should look at the prices before the change.
8. Does anyone know?
1. OK.
2a. Why did you buy that ticket if you already had an AP?
2b. Why did you assume that the ticket would be used if you already had an AP?
3. I would have assumed that the system would use your AP (as it looks like it did.)
4. If that ticket is still unused, you should be able to do that.
5. Yes.
6. Should be the price the ticket was when we booked the package.
7. Yup.
8. Go to Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting.

Annual Pass ticket question.

When my AP ticket (in the MDE app) say it is "Valid THROUGH: 11/12/19" .. does that mean I can go to the parks on 11/12? That is how I read it, but want to be sure before I plan a last minute trip.

I bought the Annual Pass last year and picked it up at Disney Springs on 11/10/18. The first day we activated it and used it was the next day on 11/11/18 (going to AK).

So .. what is the last day I can use my Annual Pass? 11/11 or 11/12?

my AP ticket (in the MDE app) say it is "Valid THROUGH: 11/12/19"

Unless (UNLESS) that is a temporary glitch in your account
(and, if so, that date could drop back to 11/11/19...)
Your AP is valid through the end of the day, 11/12/19.

Unless (UNLESS) that is a temporary glitch in your account
(and, if so, that date could drop back to 11/11/19...)
Your AP is valid through the end of the day, 11/12/19.
Thanks ..
We cancelled an October trip (didn't want to pull the kids outta school) but trying to make a parents only trip for our anniversary in early November. Despite not finding any availability for the last week or two .. I looked today and found some rooms available from 11/9-11/13. No discounts .. but still a room on-site.

Question on upgrading ticket to annual pass. I am traveling 12/15/19-12/20/19. I bought two 5 day park passes with park hopper. Total cost using Undercover Tourist was $1055. How much would it cost to upgrade one ticket to a annual pass? Is it just the difference of one ticket? I would only be interested in the Disney Platinum Pass. Also do you get any discounts for using the Disney Visa card to pay for it? Thanks

Question on upgrading ticket to annual pass. I am traveling 12/15/19-12/20/19. I bought two 5 day park passes with park hopper. Total cost using Undercover Tourist was $1055. How much would it cost to upgrade one ticket to a annual pass? Is it just the difference of one ticket? I would only be interested in the Disney Platinum Pass. Also do you get any discounts for using the Disney Visa card to pay for it? Thanks

It would be the difference between the value of one ticket and the value of the annual pass (i.e. you couldn't use the value of both tickets to upgrade to one AP). There aren't any Disney Visa discounts on the price of an AP, but I'm not sure if there are any cashback rewards that would be applied to your statement.

For upgrading, it is strictly one original ticket per one upgraded ticket.
It does not matter what you PAID Undercover Tourist for the original ticket.
It only matters what was the on-line price from DISNEY for that same kind of ticket on the date
on which you bought the original ticket.

See Post #6 in this thread for how to calculate the upgrade cost.

You are assuming it is expired because there are 4 different dates rubber stamped on that one?
(If so, that would seem to be a safe bet.)
Not sure whether the ticket you are thinking of is the same as the ticket I am thinking of.

Somewhat long time ago there were vertical cardboard tickets that were manually inserted into a machine at the turnstiles and the actual date of usage was stamped on them. Some mechanism chipped the edge of the ticket which caused the next stamp to appear above rather than on top of the previous stamp. These tickets were "non-expiring" but for a 4 day ticket, when 4 stamps were placed then the ticket was fully used.

As a point of information, for some period of time these tickets had a photograph of the guest put on them at the time of purchase.

...specifically said they couldn't bridge the value to gate. ...
Had an interesting experience this past August.

Arrived at resort via Magical Express, inquired about adding a day to my (7 day Magic Your Way) ticket bought from Undercover Tourist back in 2012. Concierge quoted the exact cost of about $90. I figured out myself from this Ticket Sticky thread earlier.

Held off and went to Hollywood Studios to look at the Skyliner, too late to go into the park and have a reaasonable amount of fun. But stopped at Guest Relations to add the 8'th day. CM quoted a much higher cost, showing me the screen showing the wholesale cost of my ticket, that UT paid and the current gate price of the 8 day I wanted. Not using the word "bridge" I asked for a second opinion saying something like "I thought extra days cost about fifteen dollars each". The agent went out back, and returned saying the number she gave at first was correct. Now, the park ticketing systems are supposed to be equal to or more up to date compared with resort ticketing systems..

Did not add the day then and there but returned to my resort and successfully did the upgrade (trade in) for the $90. quoted at the resort. No time to do more research since I was going into the parks the next day. And I suspected that, if history repeats itself, using the ticket would render it non-changeable since MYW has since been replaced by TPT (post-2016 theme park tickets). The same way that PHPs (pre-2005 park hopper plus) became non-changeable after any usage after MYW was introduced and PHP no longer being sold.

Last edited:
Im sorry if this has been asked before, but just wondering if anyone knows the answer
If I purchase an AP online, once purchase is made, am I immediately issued a certificate number that will allow me to book FPs at the 60 day mark as a resort guest? Or do I have to wait via email to receive that certificate number?

If I purchase an AP online, once purchase is made, am I immediately issued a certificate number
that will allow me to book FPs at the 60 day mark as a resort guest?
If you purchase via a valid My DisneyExperience account... Yes.

I have a trip planned for February 2, 2020. It says my ticket will expire December 31st, 2020. If I upgrade to an annual pass in February 2020, it will be good until February 1, 2021, correct?

I have a trip planned for February 2, 2020. It says my ticket will expire December 31st, 2020. If I upgrade to an annual pass in February 2020, it will be good until February 1, 2021, correct?
Upgraded AP Certificate will be valid (at least) until Dec. 31, 2030.

Upgraded AP Certificate will be valid (at least) until Dec. 31, 2030.

Thank you Robo, but if I actually use the flex ticket for a few days starting February 2, 2020, then upgrade a few days later to an AP, then I have one year from first use, so, February 1st, 2021?

Thank you Robo, but if I actually use the flex ticket for a few days starting February 2, 2020, then upgrade a few days later to an AP, then I have one year from first use, so, February 1st, 2021?
The AP to which you would upgrade from a ticket that was first used on Feb. 2, 2020 would be valid through the end of the day on Feb. 2, 2021.
And, based on a few recent reports, it MIGHT even be valid through the end of the day on Feb. 3, 2021 (although I don't know why.)

Very Dumb Question Alert!!!

I currently have a Gold AP, courtesy of DVC. It expires at the beginning of June 2020.

I want to buy NEW Gold APs for both my son and I before my current AP expires, with the intention of activating them on a trip in August 2020. (I swear there's a method to my madness.)

My question is this: if I buy the NEW APs prior to the expiration of my current Gold AP, will mine automatically renew, even though it's a NEW AP and NOT a renewal?

If that wasn't clear (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't), I'm happy to try to explain.

if I buy the NEW APs prior to the expiration of my current Gold AP, will mine automatically renew...
Not if you buy a new AP certificate (sometimes called an "AP voucher") and not an AP renewal.
Call DIsney to buy the AP certificates.

Very Dumb Question Alert!!!

I currently have a Gold AP, courtesy of DVC. It expires at the beginning of June 2020.

I want to buy NEW Gold APs for both my son and I before my current AP expires, with the intention of activating them on a trip in August 2020. (I swear there's a method to my madness.)

My question is this: if I buy the NEW APs prior to the expiration of my current Gold AP, will mine automatically renew, even though it's a NEW AP and NOT a renewal?

If that wasn't clear (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't), I'm happy to try to explain.
Not if you buy a new AP certificate (sometimes called an "AP voucher") and not an AP renewal.
Call DIsney to buy the AP certificates.

If you’re buying a DVC Gold AP, call MS. You can buy Platinum & Platinum Plus new and renewals with DVC discount online, but you have to call for DVC Gold.

If I plan on going to MK the morning of a Christmas party and also have party tickets can I book 6 FP instead of three?

If I plan on going to MK the morning of a Christmas party and also have party tickets can I book 6 FP instead of three?
Sorry, but no.
Advanced FP+ booking is 3 FP per guest, per DAY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter