Tickets from Shades of Green

ColoradoDis

DIS Veteran
We're planning to buy our tickets at SOG next Month. We're getting 4 10-day MYW passes and 1 annual pass (planning to purchase TIW also). I know we should get an email to order the tickets before we arrive but here's my question: Do we get actual tickets at SOG or do we get vouchers that we take to the parks to redeem?

Thanks

We're planning to buy our tickets at SOG next Month. We're getting 4 10-day MYW passes and 1 annual pass (planning to purchase TIW also). I know we should get an email to order the tickets before we arrive but here's my question: Do we get actual tickets at SOG or do we get vouchers that we take to the parks to redeem?

Thanks

For the MYM tickets you get actual tickets. I always advise people to check with their local ITT/MWR (If you are near one) for prices. The ITT office we used to use was always about $10 a ticket cheaper.

I don't know what you mean by "Getting an E-Mail to order tickets before you leave"?

Shades of green will send you an order form to purchase your tickets and have them at check in. They need 72 hours prior to check in for you to do this. Hope this helps!

For the MYM tickets you get actual tickets. I always advise people to check with their local ITT/MWR (If you are near one) for prices. The ITT office we used to use was always about $10 a ticket cheaper.

We checked at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque and their prices seem to be slightly higher than the ones at SOG.

Shades of green will send you an order form to purchase your tickets and have them at check in. They need 72 hours prior to check in for you to do this. Hope this helps!

Thanks. While we often get our tickets at SoG we haven't stayed there since we joined DVC 10 years ago, so that make sense now.

The MYW tickets will be actual tickets, but the AP will be a voucher that you'll need to exchange. I recommend doing this at Guest Relations, so you can get your TIW at the same time.

We checked at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque and their prices seem to be slightly higher than the ones at SOG.

That's because, believe it or not you pay taxes on the ones at the base and you don't at SOG. The convenience of having them before you go vs standing in line at SOG might be worth it.

That's because, believe it or not you pay taxes on the ones at the base and you don't at SOG.

Is that unique to New Mexico? We don't pay taxes on tickets purchased at our local MWR office.

Is that unique to New Mexico? We don't pay taxes on tickets purchased at our local MWR office.

I don't think so. I watched a recent video blog about SOG and the military options. They said that's why there was a ticket cost difference. We always buy at SOG and not on base because the closest base to us is about an hour away. I think it was on youtube that I saw the video. You may not see it as a tax, because it's just included. I thought it was strange too because of the fact we don't pay taxes on anything else on base.

You may not see it as a tax, because it's just included.

I really don't think that's the case, but I'll stop by and ask the next time I'm near the base ticket office to hear what they say.

Have a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter