Could someone tell me how upgrading our tickets to APs on our arrival day would effect our FP for the trip, if at all? I'm assuming once we upgrade I'll have to link the APs in MDE and they will replace our current tickets that are linked now, but I have no experience with this so I wasn't sure how it all works as far as park entrance and FP.

1. Could someone tell me how upgrading our tickets to APs on our arrival day would effect our FP for the trip, if at all?
2. I'm assuming once we upgrade I'll have to link the APs in MDE and they will replace our current tickets that are linked now, but
3. I have no experience with this so I wasn't sure how it all works as far as park entrance and FP.

1. FPs stay in place. No negative effect.
2. Yup.
3. Once you upgrade to and activate the new APs
(that will all happen at the same time at any ticket booth or Guest Relations,)
you can just enter the parks and go to the FP readers with your same MagicBands, as usual.

1. FPs stay in place. No negative effect.
2. Yup.
3. Once you upgrade to and activate the new APs
(that will all happen at the same time at any ticket booth or Guest Relations,)
you can just enter the parks and go to the FP readers with your same MagicBands, as usual.

Thank you so much for the explanation. I was thinking I'd have to log into MDE myself and link the APs, but it does make more sense that all of this will be done at the same time as the upgrade. This is all very new to me, so I'm second guessing everything and trying to make sure I know what to expect before the day comes. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for the explanation. I was thinking I'd have to log into MDE myself and link the APs, but it does make more sense that all of this will be done at the same time as the upgrade. This is all very new to me, so I'm second guessing everything and trying to make sure I know what to expect before the day comes. Thanks again!
GR will link the AP using your MB.

I'm so confused but think I understand this....please tell me if not. We are going to WDW in May and I want to have the option of upgrading to an AP in case we decide to go for Christmas (we would know by the time we go in May) but if we don't, we'll need 9 day MYW tickets for the May trip and don't wish to have hopping ability.

I currently have 5 day base tickets that were bought pre-ticket increase. Those will retain a value of $362.10 if I opt to use them to upgrade to another ticket regardless of when I do it....is this correct? Am I reading the pre-increase price of a 5 day MYW non-hopping ticket correctly? I realize that with these I can only reserve FP+ for 5 of our 9 days.

A current 9 day MYW ticket from UT is $444.31. This would allow us to reserve all 9 days of FP+ and have a value at the gate to upgrade to an AP of $457.95.

I would ultimately like to use my 5 day tickets but in order to book FP+, I'm considering going ahead and purchasing the 9 day MYW ticket. If we upgrade to a DVC platinum annual pass (again hoping to go for Christmas), the cost is $723.14. Meaning the difference at the gate to purchase the AP would either be $361.04 using the 5 day ticket or $265.19 if we go ahead and buy the 9 day ticket.

Is all of this correct?

I'm so confused but think I understand this....please tell me if not. We are going to WDW in May and I want to have the option of upgrading to an AP in case we decide to go for Christmas (we would know by the time we go in May) but if we don't, we'll need 9 day MYW tickets for the May trip and don't wish to have hopping ability.

1. I currently have 5 day base tickets that were bought pre-ticket increase. Those will retain a value of $362.10 if I opt to use them to upgrade to another ticket regardless of when I do it....is this correct?
2. Am I reading the pre-increase price of a 5 day MYW non-hopping ticket correctly?
3. I realize that with these I can only reserve FP+ for 5 of our 9 days.
A current 9 day MYW ticket from UT is $444.31.
4. This would allow us to reserve all 9 days of FP+ and have a value at the gate to upgrade to an AP of $457.95.
I would ultimately like to use my 5 day tickets but in order to book FP+, I'm considering going ahead and purchasing the 9 day MYW ticket.
If we upgrade to a DVC platinum annual pass (again hoping to go for Christmas), the cost is $723.14.
Meaning the difference at the gate to purchase the AP would
5. either be $361.04 using the 5 day ticket
6. or $265.19 if we go ahead and buy the 9 day ticket.
7. Is all of this correct?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Correct.
4. Correct.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.
7. It is, if you have provided the correct price for the DVC AP.

Last edited:

Are the pre price hike prices published somewhere? I need that info for my bridge calculations.

Hmm, so it sounds like the pre-price increase 6 Day Park Hoppers we have will cost more than $15/ea to upgrade & add on water parks (upgrade to Park Hopper Plus)? It'll actually be closer to $60 each??

Current 6 Day Park Hopper Plus: $511.20 -
Old 6 Day PH: $451.56

Upgrading them before the price increase (if we were able to be there in person, which we weren't) would have been $27.xx~ each...

sorry if I didnt read back far enough or the fact that this has been asked a million times :( Since the new ticket structure has been rolled out I now need to know the exact cost would be for us to upgrade those 7day hoppers from parksavers to Ap's ( the ones with no waterparks) 3 adults here.

sorry if I didnt read back far enough or the fact that this has been asked a million times :( Since the new ticket structure has been rolled out I now need to know the exact cost would be for us to upgrade those 7day hoppers from parksavers to Ap's ( the ones with no waterparks) 3 adults here.

If you bought the 7 day hoppers before the Feb. 12 price increase:
Parksavers Bridged value is now $467.54 (including tax)

So subtract that price from the current gate price (including tax) of the AP you want.

That would be the cost to upgrade.

We have the option of buying the conventionear tickets (multi day hopper - not late day admission) for our June trip. These tickets come with a "bonus" visit which we would use for a water park. I am considering taking the plunge and getting ap's.
1. Can the conventionear ticket be upgraded to an ap?
2. If yes, in terms of "bridging", would the conventionear ticket be worth what I paid or the current gate price? Since I am buying from disney but it is discounted, I just couldn't tell.
3. If I upgrade before using the "bonus" visit and upgrade to the ap without water parks, would I lose the "bonus" visit?

Sorry for so many questions. I've been trying to go back through the threads and I've found great info, but haven't been able to put it all together for this situation!

Thanks!

We have the option of buying the conventionear tickets (multi day hopper - not late day admission) for our June trip. These tickets come with a "bonus" visit which we would use for a water park. I am considering taking the plunge and getting ap's.
1. Can the conventionear ticket be upgraded to an ap?
2. If yes, in terms of "bridging", would the conventionear ticket be worth what I paid or the current gate price? Since I am buying from disney but it is discounted, I just couldn't tell.
3. If I upgrade before using the "bonus" visit and upgrade to the ap without water parks, would I lose the "bonus" visit?

1. Yes.
2. Worth what you paid.
3. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter