Ticket question

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
My sisters and their families are planning on going to WDW in either October or November. Not sure yet on dates.
Question is:

Should they buy their passes using my DC card discount before it expires in May or wait and see if there is a Cdn deal again in November. If there is a deal when would it be announced do you think?

My DC card expires in May and we never ordered a replacement so if they want my discount they will need to make a decision by than.

Just bumping this up - no one has ever gone in November before???

The Cdn special has always come out between middle of October and middle of November. Last year was a bit later with November releases because if my memory serves me correct the special has always started in October.

there was alot of confusion with the timing of Cdn special,
Tickets they went on sale Oct 23 but weren't suppose to be good until Nov 15- You may want to book your trip after that date. The weeked of the 9th/10th is really busy- Super soap weakend, Remember Day (VA day) & some long weekend holiday in NJ- Thrus to Mon.-
BUT the weather was awesome! Low 70's to highs 96* it was great!

One of the best times to go in November is after Rememberence day and before American Thanksgiving .

As MaMudduck mentioned last yrs. deal was supposed to be good from mid-Nov. so you might be cutting it close waiting for the cdn deal.

Also, I could be wrong here but, I thought in some previous yrs. the sale of the "cdn deal" started in Nov but the tickets weren't actually good for use until Jan.
Perhaps someone who has purchased tickets in other yrs could verify dates that deals have been good for use from.

Hi Maxie, we where the begining of Nov-after much chaos and fanagaling with TDS we were able to get tickets to use for Nov 7 event though they were not supposed to be for use until the 15th. It is very hard to say what they will do in terms of a Canadian deal-and even harder to determine if they will just change the conditions (the start date) at the drop of a hat! If you can get them a discount now mabey they should use it-but if they are okay with waiting it out they may luck out and save a few more bucks!
Grover in Winnipeg

my ebay stuff
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3110686434

According to the promotion - it's only valid for arrivals up to April 26 but passes are valid until May 15. Does anyone know if they strictly enforce the "arrival" date?

marty3d,

We planned our vacation last year to take advantage of those tickets, and planned to arrive on the before the arrival date. My sister had a very bad ear infection and we really didn't want to go to the parks, but since I thought we would lose the passes, we went anyways to validate the passes. After talking to the CM at the gate, she basically said that we would not have been allowed to use the tickets after the date, but said that due to our circumstances she would have allowed us to be late. I'm not sure if I would risk it, but you never know what will happen when you start talking with someone.

By the way, I noticed that there was no expiry date written on our voucher, so I had it verified at guest services and she said that we lucked out because our voucher tickets were accidentally coded to not expire at all, so my sister and I quickly started planning our next trip (what could the guys say, we already had some tickets for next time!)
And we just purchased the tickets at our local travel agency.

The tickets I got in Nov for the Cdn. promo most definately had the expiry date printed on the back of the actually ticket. I purchased them through CRO- and picked up "will Call" at the GS window. now I'm not saying that they won't work after than date (because mine did work before the dates) and I also know someone else that paid for the Cdn special last year and received the reg. 7PHP - I guess it's always worth a gamble. Anyone else know? (sometimes I'm not sure Disney even knows, yeah Grover?)

Thanks for the info - I probably won't chance it and just buy the 7 day passes with the DC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!