Ticket Price Increase over the last 4 years for family of 5!!!

They have to pay for the new lands and resorts. Food prices have also increased significantly. You would think it would thin out the crowds a bit, but if anything, the parks feel more crowded. There are very few "slow" times anymore. People will pay.

I keep saying this is the last year, and I truly believe this will be the last time as a family. I want to do a cruise and just a beach trip and maybe do seaworld or a couple of the other parks over the next couple years.

I keep saying this is the last year, and I truly believe this will be the last time as a family. I want to do a cruise and just a beach trip and maybe do seaworld or a couple of the other parks over the next couple years.

We did a Universal/Islands of Adventure and SeaWorld trip a couple of years ago and had a great time. We've also filled in a US/IAO trip with some of the smaller attractions around Orlando and had fun.

If you are going by percent, Disney is up in the 20%+ range over the past 4 years.
Fuel at my corner Speedway went from $1.97 to $2.45 just today, the same rate of increase in 1 day as Disney in 4 years.
Yes, it is a hit in the pocketbook, but the price isn't changing attendance yet.

Someone has got to pay Iger's $50 million/Year salary!!! I am going on memory with the salary but you know what I mean!

And it's not just the ticket prices, it's EVERYTHING else as well. Don't forget about charging for parking if you stay on property!

I agree - it is sad, but I am pretty sure this is the last family trip we will take. When my oldest was little, we went for 10 days for $700 each, including airfare. That was the glory early days of the meal plan LOL
This trip will cost us about $2k pp.
I know they are older, and I know there is inflation, but we spent 2 weeks in Greece and Africa last year for less.

I remember when the AP at Disneyland was $99 and to add parking was $35. That was a lot then (to me :/)

I spent the day at Disneyland recently and I thought $150 pp for a 12 hour day was a fair value when you compare it to a Broadway show, skiing lift ticket, football tickets, etc. I would put Disneyland into the same "world class" entertainment. Maybe I'm off base and I'm seeing things through Disney fan goggles, but entertainment is expensive.

Of course it wasn't just $150 pp, you have to add $15 pp for Maxpass, $25 for parking, $28 for ears (!), lunch, snacks, and dinner, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter