Ticket Increase coming?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mshanson3121, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

In light of Disney Land's ticket increase, and given how they released free dining months ahead of normal, do you think we'll see a ticket increase before Feb?

dlavender likes this.
  2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Invented the term "Characterpalooza"

I don't think anybody knows what to expect after the switch to variable pricing this fall. But I'd be shocked if there isn't some sort of big increase before Star Wars opens. If you're thinking about going this year, I'd buy the tickets as soon as possible.

msb578, BattyKoda, Ben E N and 5 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

We were hoping to but I think it's out of the question now with our volatile dollar. FIL was funding 50% of the trip and is no longer keen on traveling there .

5. dlavender

dlavender DIS Veteran

I would be shocked if we saw no increase.

I'm guessing at least another 5 % this year, and that's if we are lucky.

I couldn't imagine coming from Canada! I live 2 hours away and since we aren't doing AP's again this year, just a quick 3 day trip for us is out of the question!

hertamaniac and mshanson3121 like this.
  6. DisFanDad

DisFanDad DIS Veteran

Dollar is up a few cents this week, I think I am buying APs and Paying my DVC Dues tonight ...

mshanson3121 likes this.
  7. Kpitts17

Kpitts17 Earning My Ears

I wouldn't expect it right away. They only just released ticket prices based on how busy the day will be late last year and I think they're hoping to get more people in the parks this summer rather than the fall/winter. Maybe something in May or June?

PrincessWithABlaster and Berlk like this.
  8. KCMA

KCMA Mouseketeer

I am in the same boat.. paying DVC dues and getting out APs while the dollar is slightly better.. every little bit helps

mshanson3121 likes this.
  9. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

There are two things that are certain in life.

1. Death
    2. Disney raising their prices

:tongue::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

10. dreiwhit

dreiwhit DIS Veteran

Sadly true. And I didn't get a raise this year, so a Disney vacation is moving into Unaffordabilityland.

11. manning

manning Just for that I have requested it

Don't forget taxes

Doug M likes this.
  12. manning

manning Just for that I have requested it

13. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

In 2018 I think they bumped up prices in February then again in October

mshanson3121 and dlavender like this.
  14. dreiwhit

dreiwhit DIS Veteran

Good article - thanks!

So far, we haven't seen anything like what has happened to Apple with Disney. So far, no matter how much the tickets prices increase, or parking, or fill in the blank, people are willing to pay it.

However, there's going to come a point where it will happen. Attendance will go down after prices go up. I don't know when, though.

snappy likes this.
  15. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

They just aren't making money on ticket price increases, they are making tons of dough on separate events (like Disney After Hours). You can see on these boards how ingrained those events are in current day planning. Nobody thinks twice about doing them. That's a huge win for Disney.

16. CERS

CERS Mouseketeer

For me it's almost already there. Worse as I had to move to Europe so now the whole thing is more expensive, as salaries are not as high in Europe. So yeah, for me it is now in the Every 3 or 4 years land. At least I get Disneyland Paris in the "Every 1 or 2 years land". Lol.

dreiwhit likes this.
  17. Scifidiner

Scifidiner DIS Veteran

as sure as the sun will rise...

18. Ben E N

Ben E N DIS Veteran

There are big differences between Apple and Disney. If you don't like Apple's prices, Android phones offer essentially the same thing, or you can hang on to your old model for another year and them buy a year old model at steep discount.
    With a theme park, unless someone creates a very similar experience to Disney, then they can charge what they want and people have to decide whether to fully go without it or not.

dreiwhit likes this.
  19. Shughart

Shughart Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Undercover tourist raises their prices along with Disney? We were planning to wait until about August to buy our tickets from UT. I'd like to keep that time frame to keep dumping debt and pay cash for them. However, if UT will increase ticket prices as well, I'd rather save the $$.

20. drjackal31

drjackal31 Mouseketeer

Once UT sells out of their old tickets the price will go up. In 2017 we bought "old" tickets, but once the price increase from disney was announced they started selling out fast with UT.

mshanson3121, Shughart and rteetz like this.
  21. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

It’s hard to know exactly how things will go this time around. With the new system each day is priced differently there is no across the board price increase like before.

mckennarose and Shughart like this.