Ticket/Hopper Question

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Cbaur88, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Cbaur88

Cbaur88 Earning My Ears

Disney and several documents online mention when you add the hopper option to your tickets you add them for the numbers of days your purchased tickets. However I've had several reliable folk tell me they've added the hopper option to their tickets for just a single day or two without paying for the hopper option for the entire amount of days they purchase a ticket. For example they were only charged $14 for adding the hopper option to their ticket since they only had one day left on their ticket purchase. So I wanted to get more clarification to see if it's true before I make my plans. We usually don't hop at all, one park per day. However our trip this year is shorter then normal and wanted to split one day in Epcot and MK, but we only need the hopper that one day. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. DizDaD7

DizDaD7 Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.

UNTRUE!

3. Cbaur88

Cbaur88 Earning My Ears

Gee thanks for the explanation I feel much better. And stop shouting....!

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. DizDaD7

Sorry...untrue.

cbean12, SUSIEQ, GoGoBeans and 3 others like this.
  6. DizDaD7

Unless there is something that will come out with the new price increase, or a tiered daily ticket, but honestly I seriously doubt that :confused3

Cbaur88 likes this.
  7. Cbaur88

Cbaur88 Earning My Ears

Apology accepted, lol! This was friends who said they did this years ago. But I cannot find any truth to it. Everything I see is just one set price if you hop 1 day or 10 days. Thanks for the reply!

8. IrishNYC

IrishNYC DIS Veteran

Diz is correct. You can add it today before you go, or you can add it on your last day there, and it will be the same price.

Hopefully and Cbaur88 like this.
  9. Cbaur88

Cbaur88 Earning My Ears

Thank you, its what I thought. Just didn't know if there was some insider tip where you could add for a fraction of price while in Disney. Thanks much for everyone's help!

IrishNYC likes this.
  10. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Moving to the Theme Parks board.

Hopefully likes this.
  11. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

They're probably just confused. If they had the Water Park option, then adding the Hopper option would only have been $26 for the length of a ticket. It may have been less "years ago" when they did it.

AngiTN likes this.
  12. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Years ago really wouldn't matter today anyway.
    Odds are, if their memory is right, they could have encountered a CM that did something nice (aka, Pixie Dust)

ravenclawtrekkie likes this.
  13. ravenclawtrekkie

ravenclawtrekkie DIS Veteran

There's no way in our computer system to add PH to "part of" a ticket. IDK about years ago but definitely not now.

AngiTN likes this.
  14. PanamaMike

PanamaMike DIS Veteran

2005 - the last year WDW tickets included park hopping.
    2006 - base tickets introduced - Park hopping add on costs $35, regardless of number of days on ticket.
    2007 - PH add on increased to $40.
    2008 - PH add on now $45.
    2009 - still $45.
    2010 - increases to $52.
    2011 - stays at $52.
    2012 - now $55
    2013 - $57 - still the same for 1-10 day tickets
    2014/2015 - a 1-day ticket cost $34-39 for PH add on. 2-10 day tickets cost $59
    2016 - 1-day ticket add on jumps to $50-58. 2 or 3-day tickets are an additional $50 and 4-10 day tickets increase to $64 for PH.

The cost has never been based on days remaining or purchasing the PH add on for only some of the days on a ticket

It is an all or nothing option.

klmall and wookiebeck like this.