Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I waited until 7:10 today, got group 66. Apparently as of 10:20 am no boarding groups have been called. This has been a rougher than expected preview for an attraction that has had the same ride system for decades.

I waited until 7:10 today, got group 66. Apparently as of 10:20 am no boarding groups have been called. This has been a rougher than expected preview for an attraction that has had the same ride system for decades.
To my understanding, one of the main causes of the ride constantly breaking down (outside of weather) is that the animatronics are programmed to start their movements when they detect a log coming rather than playing on a loop like the figures on Splash Mountain. Also a few of the animatronics have been reported to not work (ex. first Louis, Tiana in the finale, Mama Odie in the last scene) which may cause a closure as well.

At 7:06 got 65. Hoping it doesn’t get called before noon!
Just got off my plane and at least I didn’t miss my group! Now I hope they even get to my number! Any idea what time they run it until at night?

Got group 113 yesterday at 1pm. Number was called around 6:15pm. Would have been around 4pm if there hadn't been a 2 hour closure in the afternoon.

All the animatronics appeared to work on time for my boat, overall I thought the ride itself was great. I don't have any particular love for SM so I like the new theming.

If anyone is late for their BG I would just talk to the cast members, they were VERY understanding and helpful yesterday from what I could over hear.

There’s a 2 hour wait for boarding group 100 at 4:30

I don’t get the point of boarding groups if they’re gonna make us wait another 2 hours once your group is called. I get 30 min to 1 hour but 2 hours is sort of ridiculous. Why not just wait an hour before calling the next group.
We were Evacuated from it yesterday. Ride around 2 pm? Sat right at base to final drop. Last car off due to weight on belt in that position

Did offer returns. Never used ours as it was a huge disappointment for us, just a meh other than one effect early on

To my understanding, one of the main causes of the ride constantly breaking down (outside of weather) is that the animatronics are programmed to start their movements when they detect a log coming rather than playing on a loop like the figures on Splash Mountain. Also a few of the animatronics have been reported to not work (ex. first Louis, Tiana in the finale, Mama Odie in the last scene) which may cause a closure as well.
There were two times that we were stopped for a while and I was afraid we were going to get walked off but we started moving again both times.

Can someone remind me what happens if you miss your boarding group - are you still able to ride when you get there?

Can someone remind me what happens if you miss your boarding group - are you still able to ride when you get there?
Just speak to a cast member and explain nicely, yesterday I saw them let people through without issue, as long as they had an actual boarding group number.

Take a screen shot of your number JIC.

Just speak to a cast member and explain nicely, yesterday I saw them let people through without issue, as long as they had an actual boarding group number.

Take a screen shot of your number JIC.
On Friday, I had BG 62 for Tiana and BG 68 for Tron and was worried that they'd be called at the same time and I'd miss one. When I was heading to get in line for BTMRR I stopped and asked the CM if they were being strict about the 1 hour rule (like they are at Tron) and explained my situation. The CM told me they were being lenient but not to show up 3 hours past my callback time. It ended up being a nonissue because Tiana get called long before Tron did.

The only effect I noticed not working yesterday morning based on the clips id watched online was Juju in the final show scene

Rode today - Boarding group 33, got called at 1:20. Wait wasn’t bad at all - 20 minutes from entering queue to getting in my log. Back row def gets the least wet. Ride was cute but didn’t really feel it was any better than Splash except for the animatronic quality.

BG 68 at 7:34. I’m not gonna be at MK until tonight but didn’t wanna risk the 1pm drop. If the ride is running on time today I guess I’ll see how return time lenient they are. (I have a second shot in a couple days so if they deny me entry nbd.)

We got group 49 for today - It would be helpful to hear more examples of when various groups have been called. We're local but with traffic (and MC boat/monorail) we have to allow an hour to get there, and can't spend all day. Thanks!

We got group 49 for today - It would be helpful to hear more examples of when various groups have been called. We're local but with traffic (and MC boat/monorail) we have to allow an hour to get there, and can't spend all day. Thanks!
On Friday, there weren't any significant delays and BG 68 was called around 1:00.

For anyone who's curious, it looks like the VQ is still open for the 7 AM drop at 8:11.

Curios, for those who are there now, do the crowds seem to be greater due to Tiana being open? I know this was a question many were asking when they found out AP pre-views were going to coincide with their trip.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest