THV for Easter Week

minniekissedme

It's medication time...
Thoughts on Easter Week at the Treehouse Villas? I have a great reservation there but DW isn't as thrilled about staying at the THVs as she was when I made the reservation. There are still available 2BR units at AKV, OKW, and Saratoga.

I know the pros and cons...what puts the THV over the edge to keep my reservation for Easter week?

We've never gone over Easter...does SSR or the THV do anything special like egg hunts? Do the other resorts??

tia...!

IMO, the biggest benefit to the treehouses will always be the three private bedrooms for two bedroom point cost. We have a Treehouse booked for next year and the group is 4 adults (2 couples) plus 4 children age 10 and under. Each of the adult couples will get their own private bedroom while the four kids will figure something out between the bunk beds and living room.

If we were in a Two Bedroom, one of adult couples would be sharing a room with their kids. Not terrible but not as ideal as private bedrooms either. Having that extra bit of privacy makes the vacation much more relaxing to me. I don't want to have to turn the TV off and lights out at 9:30pm so that the kids can sleep.

That said, the benefits of a treehouse will definitely vary if you have people who can't really use the bunk beds (they aren't suitable for adults) or some other group that makes it a less-than-ideal fit.

Also the treehouses are remote. It's more of a summer camp feel than a deluxe hotel feel. You will never have the sense that valet parking and room service are just a phone call away. :lmao:

Will you have a car? We've done the THV twice, now. (Love them!) The first time was a trip during which we relied on Disney transportation. The second time was with friends who drove to Florida, so we had their van at our disposal. I'll say that while I never felt the two-bus system was a real problem during our first stay, it was far more convenient to stay at the THV with a vehicle.

During a very busy time of year, I would think the THV would be especially nice, quiet haven. You're going to be in crowds, crowds, crowds all day at the parks. Resorts and restaurants will also be at capacity. The THV are a secluded and relaxing.

right now the plan is to have a little more home away from home with grocery delivery and spending a little more down time at the THV. It will be quite the change as we typically lean more toward commando days.

Still wondering if there are any special Easter type activities around the SSR/THV world...

There was a whole range of Halloween activities at the Community room on Halloween this year, and my guess is that they will do something like that for Easter.

We found the Tree house bus to be very convenient and it will let you off near the community room, Springs. Even DH was impressed with the service.

I loved the whole feel of the THV, yes it is in the woods and we had a view of the golf course. The barbecue grill is right at the base of the steps, and that's so convenient for using it. The utensils are right on the counter when you arrive.

Since there are TVs in the bedrooms, we never found it inconvenient that the sleeper chair was being used by DSis. I really like the fact that the DGC have a room all to themselves, there are 3, but it worked for them.

AKV dedicated with a savannah view in Kidani would also work for me and my family, but I hope to book a THV stay over a weekend at least, every year!

Thanks bw! That will help to convince DW.

If not, maybe I'll just try to get someone else interested in using this reservation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter