Thunder in paradise

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mitros, Jun 22, 2003.

1. mitros

mitros <font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<

I know that everyone on this board remembers the tv show Thunder in paradise with Chris Lemmon and Hilk Hogan. Just wondered if anyone , while they were watching the show, tried to spot places on WDW property where a particular episode was being filmed. I especially recall the episodes done at the morocco pavilion and at the adventurers club on pleasure island. Also, I heard that it was canceled because Hogan got tired of sitting around in a trailer while waiting for scenes to be shot. Do you know of any other reasons it might have been canceled? Maybe because of the fact that it was so corny. Although I suspect fans of disboards enjoyed the show if for no other reason then the fact that it was filmed on property.:smooth: :p

2. goofyernmost

goofyernmost Aged to Perfection

Why was the series canceled????

I think it was because nobody watched it! I mean give me a break, Hulk Hogan???? He wasn't even a believable wrestler much less an actor! Before anyone shoots me, JMHO!!
    :p :smooth: :rolleyes:

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

I remember seeing one in which they used the Living Seas as some kind of James Bond-type villain's undersea lair...

they did one in the Adventurers Club??? I missed that one...

5. mitros

It was an episode where Carol Alt's character was captured by some prince of some island nation and was taken to his home, played by the Adventurers club! Although the outside scenes were shot somewhere else. :p

6. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

When we were staying at the GF, a few years ago, we watched them film several scenes at the resort. Many of the beach scenes were at the beach, at the GF. The beach bar was at the GF's beach. Great trip, with all the bikini clad women from the show, around the pool and beach.

7. HauntedMansionGeek

HauntedMansionGeek Will arm wrestle DISshopkeeper for a date with Ron

It was the lamest show EVER, and I think we caught every episode! :p

Did anyone hear the Epcot boats toot their horns in the Morocco episode? That was a riot! LOL LOL

Yep. Awful show and we miss it alot. (who says you have to watch GREAT tv?) :jester:

8. georgina

georgina I dream of Mousey with the big black ears

I can't be the only person here who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about!?!

9. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

This was a syndicated TV show that featured Hulk Hogan, Carol Aut and Chris Lemon. Most of it was taped at WDW. It was a hokey adventure show that featured a speed boat. They used areas of WDW as the background. If they were in Morroco they taped in EPCOT. Others can explain in more detail.

10. mitros

:p Ther were also a number of other wrestlers that were regulars on the show. The main part of each show was done at a temporary bar set up on the beach at the GF. The new pool is pretty much in that spot now. They taped the bar scenes for a number of episodes at the same time, then took the whole thing down and put it into storage until next season. As much as they tried to hide it, you could occasionaly see the monorail going by in the backround.They actually had one episode where Hulk and his daugther were invited to WDW. Well, you can pretty much figure they had a field day with that episode as they did not have to hide the fact that they were at WDW.Yea. I know it was corney, but we watched and taped almost every show anyway. :rolleyes: :p

11. PatriciaH

PatriciaH I want to be an Imagineer!

Oh my gosh I DO remember this show! They even had a water tank on the backlot tour that they pointed out for a while. They used it on the show.

12. HauntedMansionGeek

HauntedMansionGeek Will arm wrestle DISshopkeeper for a date with Ron

*heavy sigh* Ahhhhhh you lucky duck. The show was on at a time our VCR was broken....so we didn't get to tape a single episode. *another heavy sigh*

LOL LOL