Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
No; but the PP is only 35 days out so that 60-day window is wide open for her to book all FPs.

For anyone at exactly 60 days out, the window only opens for check-in through checkout (and any offsite days before the check-in date) and then they have to wait for the rolling to begin. :)
So one would be able to book all 5 days if one waited until day 55 before the first day?

Why does Disney make life so complicated? :scratchin

So one would be able to book all 5 days if one waited until day 55 before the first day?
While one could do that, it wouldn't make any sense for days 1-4.

Book day 1 (checkin) and day 2 (checkout) at the 60 day mark.
Book day 3 at the 58 day mark.
Book day 4 at the 57 day mark.
Book day 5 at the 56 day mark. etc.

While one could do that, it wouldn't make any sense for days 1-4.

Book day 1 (checkin) and day 2 (checkout) at the 60 day mark.
Book day 3 at the 58 day mark.
Book day 4 at the 57 day mark.
Book day 5 at the 56 day mark. etc.

Some offsite people do choose to wait a few days and then book FPs because they don't want to wake up early for a number of consecutive days.
Thank you both.

My trip is about a month away and doing this Throwaway room thing.

One other question - if I had a credit card associated to my MDE account (from a previous resort trip) .. can I use my Magic Band to charge things to my "room" still? I assume they will just then just automatically charge my card for those charges after checkout even though I won't physically be checking in or out at Fort Wilderness?

My trip is about a month away and doing this Throwaway room thing.

One other question - if I had a credit card associated to my MDE account (from a previous resort trip) .. can I use my Magic Band to charge things to my "room" still? I assume they will just then just automatically charge my card for those charges after checkout even though I won't physically be checking in or out at Fort Wilderness?
You can only charge to your room account from check-in date through midnight of your checkout date.

Some offsite people do choose to wait a few days and then book FPs because they don't want to wake up early for a number of consecutive days.

Wouldn't it still be better to book FPs any time on a day that they become available compared to waiting and doing them early in the morning a day or more later?

Wouldn't it still be better to book FPs any time on a day that they become available compared to waiting and doing them early in the morning a day or more later?
Totally agree but some people choose to wait. Many don't care about Disney tech so logging on once and scheduling all their FPs is fine with them.

Totally agree but some people choose to wait. Many don't care about Disney tech so logging on once and scheduling all their FPs is fine with them.

Yeah, that crossed my mind. Some folks don't want to go through the hassle more than once or twice. Makes sense; especially if they haven't used the process much.

I've been off Disboards for about 3 years, and trying hard to play catch-up now that we have an unexpected trip coming up. I've read the last several pages of this thread to get the most recent info, and I think I understand the gist, but would like someone to tell me if I am wrong. Here's our trip plans: (Two overlapping family groups. I bolded one group and underlined the other group. Where both groups are involved, I did both.)
  1. Our family of 4 will be staying onsite in a value resort for one night on Thursday 4/27. (Not going to any parks, just staying there on the way to a cruise because it was the best place to stay in the area when driving down AND we get magicbands which will be useful/fun the NEXT week when we are staying offsite.)
  2. Two grandparents are arriving for an onsite stay the next day (Friday 4/28, checking out on Monday 5/1 when they will be joining us offsite in a condo) and going to the parks daily Sat 4/29-Fri 5/5. They have 7-day tickets. I can book their FPs on Feb 27 @ 7am (60 days out, if I calculated right) for Sat 4/29-Mon 5/1, since they are staying onsite for those days correct? Then starting on March 2 and continuing for the next 4 days, I can book daily FPs for the rest of their trip due to the 'rolling' 60-days?
  3. Our family of 4 arrives back on land on Monday, 5/1 and will check into our offsite condo and pick up Grandma and Grandpa. We have 4-day, 1 park per day tickets to use on Tuesday, May 2- Friday, May 5. But since we have a legit onsite reservation from the preceding week on Thursday 4/27, can I book our family's FPs for Tuesday, May 2 - Friday May 5 one day at a time beginning on March 2 (the same time as booking for the grandparents for those days?
Thanks for any help in confirming/correcting my understanding.

I can book their FPs on Feb 27 @ 7am (60 days out, if I calculated right) for Sat 4/29-Mon 5/1, since they are staying onsite for those days correct? Then starting on March 2 and continuing for the next 4 days, I can book daily FPs for the rest of their trip due to the 'rolling' 60-days?
Yes for the FP booking process.

But since we have a legit onsite reservation from the preceding week on Thursday 4/27, can I book our family's FPs for Tuesday, May 2 - Friday May 5 one day at a time beginning on March 2 (the same time as booking for the grandparents for those days?
Yes.

Yes for the FP booking process.

Yes.
Thank you so much! I literally stumbled on this thread by accident after making our reservations and had forgotten all about the whole 'throwaway room' concept. While we're not actually throwing away a room because we will be using it, the principles apply and really help us out. Maybe we'll have a shot at ROL FPs after all ... maybe ... :)

My parents have a campsite booked for 4/24-4/28. After understanding the "throw away room" they would like to back it down to just 2 nights. Since our 60 day window just opened and fast passes are booked will the system cancel the passes if they adjust the reservation by 2 days?

My parents have a campsite booked for 4/24-4/28. After understanding the "throw away room" they would like to back it down to just 2 nights. Since our 60 day window just opened and fast passes are booked will the system cancel the passes if they adjust the reservation by 2 days?
I believe if they change their reservation now (after 7am Friday morning) they will have to rebook Fast passes for April 26 tomorrow, April 27 on Sunday, and April 28 on Monday.

I believe if they change their reservation now (after 7am Friday morning) they will have to rebook Fast passes for April 26 tomorrow, April 27 on Sunday, and April 28 on Monday.
My chat with the Disney rep on the WDW website said the opposite of this. She told me that once those FP+ reservations are made that if you reduce your stay, they remain.

My chat with the Disney rep on the WDW website said the opposite of this. She told me that once those FP+ reservations are made that if you reduce your stay, they remain.
They do remain. You can Modify them only after those days fall within the "rolling 60 day window."

Just to be on the safe side, if t

I think that makes sense. Theoretically if they wait until the end of next week to adjust the reservations all the fast passes would remain intact because we would be past the 60 day window. Is that correct?

Just to be on the safe side, if t

I think that makes sense. Theoretically if they wait until the end of next week to adjust the reservations all the fast passes would remain intact because we would be past the 60 day window. Is that correct?
They will not have to rebook. The system will not delete their FPs.

I am seriously considering this for my Nov 2017 trip. I have MBs from a previous trip that are already linked to my account. If I book a throw away room and get new magic bands, do I have to link the new ones, or can I just use the old ones? Not a fan of the new design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter