Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would making a a throwaway reservation for say 11/30 or 12/1 be of any benefit?
To be an advantage, the 11/30 reservation would need a checkout date of 12/2.

When onsite room reservations are consecutive, without a break in dates, the full FP booking window opens with the first check-in date. So, 60 days out from 11/30 you can book FPs for all your park days.

Thanking the person who started this thread. AK is now in phase 3 closure. Disney resort guests are one of the few allowed to enter the park. Hoping crowds are more bearable in a week but grateful for the early magic hours and knowing even if we dont get in early we should be able to get in.

Thanking the person who started this thread. AK is now in phase 3 closure. Disney resort guests are one of the few allowed to enter the park. Hoping crowds are more bearable in a week but grateful for the early magic hours and knowing even if we dont get in early we should be able to get in.

Glad you found it useful. I almost wish I was there, but I think it will be less crazy when I'm there in Feb.

AK is not in phase 3 closure--it was control phase 3...a bit different. NO guests were turned away from DAK today. That was misinformation.
THAT BEING SAID--FPs were a godsend today!!!
We booked a throwaway room for Thursday night. Did it for FPs alone, but MBs, 2 days parking plus charging privileges while we did Flower & Garden Festival (eat/drink our way around the kitchens) was great.
BUT today the value went up exponentially--I don't think we would have gotten FPs AT ALL for the 2 new Pandora rides 30 days out (I checked, a bit late, none 2 b had). AND those w/ Pandora FPs were one of few being allowed into Pandora w/o waiting in line. Plus w/FP, the waits are nominal. Plus u can stay & explore the land after.
We missed staying onsite this trip. But with 3 adult sized children now, value resorts are off the table. With 6 of us we were looking at several hundred/not for a deluxe resort or 2 moderate rooms. Booked 3 BR condo 10 min away for $80/not. Nothing fancy but price & location can't b beat

It's only for length of Stay and then ADRs are booked day by day for the remainder of your offsite stay.

My ADR window opened yesterday giving me access to make dining reservation 11/25 and 11/26. Based on everything I have read, I thought ADRs for 11/27 would open today. That isn't the case and now I am on hold with dining with a 60 min wait. Did I misunderstand? Do I have to wait until tomorrow which would be 180 days from 11/27?

And congrats hiroMYhero on post #10,000!

My ADR window opened yesterday giving me access to make dining reservation 11/25 and 11/26. Based on everything I have read, I thought ADRs for 11/27 would open today. That isn't the case and now I am on hold with dining with a 60 min wait. Did I misunderstand? Do I have to wait until tomorrow which would be 180 days from 11/27?

And congrats hiroMYhero on post #10,000!
You are one day too early.

And, thank you! :)

I did a throwaway for June during our 2 week trip. Pandora is one of the big things I wanted to do and FEA was not happening. The campsite was $85. By locking that in, it opened my AP to be able to book all 7-days worth of FPs. It gave me EMH for AK (7am-1am) and EMH for Epcot as well. I also get MBs before waiting for our AP ones. I used rewards dollars for it so it really was no money out of my pocket. If I wanted, I can park my car on the campsite space.

For me, it was worth it.

Last edited:

I did a throwaway for June during our 2 week trip. Pandora is one of the big things I wanted to do and FEA was not happening. The campsite was $85. By locking that in, it opened my AP to be able to book all 7-days worth of FPs. It gave me EMH for AK (7am-1pm) and EMH for Epcot as well. I also get MBs before waiting for our AP ones. I used rewards dollars for it so it really was no money out of my pocket. If I wanted, I can park my car on the campsite space.

For me, it was worth it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Just curious -- is parking still free for on-site guests? I've read mixed reports that you have to pay now. Thanks.

Standard parking is free for onsite guests. However, if you want "preferred parking", there is a charge for that even for onsite guests.

OK, another dumb question:

I haven't booked my throwaway room yet (It's not until October, BTW), but:
I have an MDE account
My roomate has an MDE account
My sister will be making an MDE account and adding her husband and 2 children on it (or so I think as I'm still reading up on the MDE stuff).

Should I wait until we all have MDE accounts before booking the throwaway room?
I wasn't sure how it would know whom the magic bands/etc. are for, or if you add guests onto the reservation later or something.

I'm gettin' old and apparently this is too high tech for me. LOL!

There are multiple ways to get to the same end point. In theory, you should wait until everyone has created their accounts and connect as friends and family. Then, when you book the room, you can just select the guests from your friends and family list. However, I usually have trouble adding guests with separate accounts when I am booking a room anyway, and calling the reservations line at this point is frustratingly futile. I find that the easiest is to go ahead and book entering everyone's name on the reservation (you can do this now before the price goes up!). Later, after all the accounts are linked and their profiles are showing in your MDE, call and speak with technical services/ MDE support. (They are a thousand times more helpful than guest relations, reservations, or anyone else I have ever spoken with from Disney!!) They can help switch the people on your reservation to the correct profiles now linked in your friends and family. Sometimes you end up with multiple names of the same people in your account, but having everyone put a picture in their avatar when they set up their MDE makes it easy to know which ones are the right ones. Sounds complicated, but it really isn't!

I am sure I am understanding this right...but just to be sure :) If I book a tent site for the night of June 27th, I can do EMH for check in/check out days and free parking for check in/check out days?

I am sure I am understanding this right...but just to be sure :) If I book a tent site for the night of June 27th, I can do EMH for check in/check out days and free parking for check in/check out days?
Yes! :) Plus MBs for everyone!

I have an annual pass so I don't need tickets. I'm worried that I'll never get FP for Pandora 30 days out in August. If I book a room at a Disney resort for one night, say August 7th, can I make FP selections 60 days before for the following week of August 12-20th?

If I only have a reservation for one night, can I make FPs 60 days out for more than 1 day? If I can, what is the period during which I can make them.....i.e. can I make them for the week following, or two weeks following, or 30 days following? How does this work?

This... is... FASCINATING. I'd never heard of this. The idea you can book a campsite and get the perks, even if you didn't stay on property is brilliant. Who cares if its a "loophole". If you're paying for it you can use it (or not) as you please.

"I haven't booked my throwaway room yet (It's not until October, BTW), but:
I have an MDE account
My roomate has an MDE account
My sister will be making an MDE account and adding her husband and 2 children on it (or so I think as I'm still reading up on the MDE stuff).

Should I wait until we all have MDE accounts before booking the throwaway room?
I wasn't sure how it would know whom the magic bands/etc. are for, or if you add guests onto the reservation later or something."

Can 6 people get FP from one room?

Sorry if this has been asked - I couldn't find it.

We have purchased annual passes for the first time. We will be there the month of July (hot, I know....) and staying off-site hoping to visit a park for at least a few hours each day. With my APs, I can only book FP+ 30 days in advance and I learned this morning I can only book them one day at a time and I am limited to 7 days of FP+. That means for each of the next 7 days, I need to log on at 7am and book one day's worth of FP+. Then after I've booked 7 days, I can only book add'l FP+ once we are actually there and have used the first of our 7 days. So essentially a rolling 7 days of FP+. I was wondering if I booked a throwaway room for the 8th day of our trip, if I would be able to book an additional FP+ or would I still be limited to 7 days. I'm frustrated that a 10 day ticket holder staying offsite can book 10 days of FP+ but as an AP holder, I can only book 7 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter