Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are linked to your friends, you already share their 60-day FP booking window. The campsite will then be for MBs.
Right, So it wouldn't do anything if we put their names on our reservation as well as theirs for the one night? 5 names would be on two separate reservations for the same night

Last edited:
Right, So it wouldn't do anything if we put their names on our reservation as well as theirs for the one night?
It won't matter because Swan is not considered a Disney resort.

You don't need to be listed on their Swan reservation, just linked via MDE.

Not sure if this is what is being discussed here, hiro, but last time I was at the Swan, my 2 grandkids initially did not show up for fastpasses on my MDE. I called the Swan and they listed the 2 kids, and then they showed up for fastpass.

Not sure if this is what is being discussed here, hiro, but last time I was at the Swan, my 2 grandkids initially did not show up for fastpasses on my MDE. I called the Swan and they listed the 2 kids, and then they showed up for fastpass.
Hi Dan, we're discussing how the 60-day booking window extends to all who are listed or linked in the MDE account. :)

I believe she is asking if there would be an advantage of adding her friends to her campground reservation, not the other way around. Yes, there would be an advantage as you friends would get magic bands, which they wouldn't get at the Swan.

Ok, this may be in here, but after 10pgs I did not see it. I am thinking of booking a throwaway room at a campsite in case we don't get DVC through RCI. How would it work if we booked it for the MIDDLE of our trip in order to take advantage of the evening magic hour at the MK (I think it is on Wednesday nights?) We are going Sept 23-October 7 and would book it for October 3 or 4 as it is my understanding we can utilize extra magic hours on the day we checked out, correct? I know we would only get about 49 days in advance for fast passes, but would we get magic bands in time before we left for our trip? Will it be a problem linking our tickets to the magic bands and utilizing them immediately (even though we got them with a resort stay that hasn't occurred yet?)
Also, in case we get into DVC, what is the cancellation policy on room only? (Since I am guessing they send us magic bands if we are staying at DVC?!)
Thanks!

Ok, this may be in here, but after 10pgs I did not see it. I am thinking of booking a throwaway room at a campsite in case we don't get DVC through RCI. How would it work if we booked it for the MIDDLE of our trip in order to take advantage of the evening magic hour at the MK (I think it is on Wednesday nights?) We are going Sept 23-October 7 and would book it for October 3 or 4 as it is my understanding we can utilize extra magic hours on the day we checked out, correct? I know we would only get about 49 days in advance for fast passes, but would we get magic bands in time before we left for our trip? Will it be a problem linking our tickets to the magic bands and utilizing them immediately (even though we got them with a resort stay that hasn't occurred yet?)
Also, in case we get into DVC, what is the cancellation policy on room only? (Since I am guessing they send us magic bands if we are staying at DVC?!)
Thanks!

I think you have it right. You should be able to take advantage of EMH on the day of check-in and check-out.

I received my magic bands about 2 weeks before my trip, so you may be cutting it close. Magic bands are active for the profile as soon as you receive them.

Room only has a 5 day cancellation policy.

Question about throwaway rooms: DF and I were supposed to leave today on a trip, and had to postpone because I ended up in the hospital for a few days and just got released. Not exactly up to a vacation right now, unfortunately. :(

Is it possible to book a throwaway campsite room and do online checkin with the sole intent of using a bounce back offer tired to that room? Will they do that, even though I would be calling from my cell phone?

We had a pin code originally on our reservation, but we lost the discount when I had to move dates.

Just to verify...
Have a campsite Thurs. night. I have checked in...put credit card on it...we have $54 credit (due to cancel/rebook). Have Magic bands & FPs good to go.
AM I CORRECT:
1--We do not need to physically go to the Fort Wilderness now
2--On either Thurs/Fri we can charge to our account using Magic Bands to use up that credit. (ANY time on checkout day?)
THANKS!!

Just to verify...
Have a campsite Thurs. night. I have checked in...put credit card on it...we have $54 credit (due to cancel/rebook). Have Magic bands & FPs good to go.
AM I CORRECT:
1--We do not need to physically go to the Fort Wilderness now
2--On either Thurs/Fri we can charge to our account using Magic Bands to use up that credit. (ANY time on checkout day?)
THANKS!!

Correct:smooth:

For a throwaway booking to work, does it have to be for the first night of your stay?
for example, we are planning to stay offsite from 10/6 to 10/11, but there is no campsite availability until 10/8. if I book for that night, but have a 3 day ticket and plan to go to a Disney theme park on 10/6 or 10/7, will my FP+ reservations 60 days out not work for those dates, and rather only for the day of and after my 10/8 hotel booking? Please let me know, thanks.

When your 60-day window completely opens for your 10/8 Stay, you'll be able to book FPs for these two park days.

So just to confirm, if I book throwaway night for 10/8, then 60 days before that (which is 8/9) my rolling fastpass window will open up and I could make FP+ reservations for 10/6 and 10/7 even though my throwaway booking is for 10/8. Then if I have a 3 day Disney ticket, I would also be able to make FP+ reservations for the last day of my trip (10/11) 60 days before that day (8/12)...and the days in between I could take kids to Universal?

Please confirm if that is accurate. thanks so much!

I tried to find this answer and I hope I'm not asking anything bad. If I book 1 night campsite for the extra MBs to use for SDFP with no tickets attached will they work for that?

I tried to find this answer and I hope I'm not asking anything bad. If I book 1 night campsite for the extra MBs to use for SDFP with no tickets attached will they work for that?
Yes but I would suggest you read the entire first post of SDFP thread before booking campsite so that you don't end up with MBs that are clones of your original MBs as they will be useless for SDFP if this happens. When looking at first post in that thread, look for the treasure room analogy. If you knew this already then I apologize. I didn't want you to go through the trouble of booking campsite only to find out your campsite MBs are useless for SDFP.

Yes but I would suggest you read the entire first post of SDFP thread before booking campsite so that you don't end up with MBs that are clones of your original MBs as they will be useless for SDFP if this happens. When looking at first post in that thread, look for the treasure room analogy. If you knew this already then I apologize. I didn't want you to go through the trouble of booking campsite only to find out your campsite MBs are useless for SDFP.
Oh yes I planned to make them "new" people

Am wondering if there is any benefit to a throwaway room for on-site WDW guests for peak season? Knowing that almost everyone who starts their vacation the same day as you will be be trying to get FP+ and ADR's at the same time for hard to get rides/restaurants.

I've tried to skim through thread and see examples, but it's going to take a bit more in depth reading I guess.

I we were booked for onsite say 12/2-12/7 (5 nights) we would have the benefits of the 60+10, but those who have onsite reservations that start in the days prior to us have the advantage on the 1st few days of our trip for FP+ & ADR. Would making a a throwaway reservation for say 11/30 or 12/1 be of any benefit?

Just curious, thanks.

Also, not if this was discussed at all for benefits, but wanting to take a midday break from MK to go swim at FW could be useful on really hot days. Afterwards you can just take a quick shower and head back. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter