Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Great first day, wish I’d thought of napping 💤 while waiting for night time shows! Though in my case you’d find me still there in the morning 😂😂

Poor Mike having to deal with the dodgy magic bands but kudos to him going back to the desk to get it sorted that late!
Can’t wait for the next day 🍿🍿

it's time to finally make it through the end of arrival day!
I say take two more updates!!!! No?
I love the country specific borders too.
some are patrolled by roving guards.

Wait... we're not talking about the same kind of country border...
I just wish I had taken my sunglasses off for some of these.
You can fix that! Just go back. ::yes::
It's amazing to me how empty Epcot is without a festival and I took the opportunity for a people-free picture of my favorite building.
Wow! I need to go during a non-festival time.

Do those times actually exist anymore???
my favorite World Showcase store, the Japanese department store.
::yes::

So much stuff!
(No photographic evidence of this so imagine a red box of chocolate deliciousness).
ooooohhhh… ahhhhhh...
Cool! Hadn't heard of that one.
These are basically our default magic shot faces. They'll show up again.
:laughing:
Again, love the border but hate the weird way it cuts this picture.
Yeah, that's... I think he messed that up.
I hate when photopass wants you to go for the hug shot lol. I feel like it highlights the gross, sticky mess I've inevitably turned into.
"Ew. No. Don't touch me. Ew... now smile!"
I must've been feeling sick because I don't have a slush in hand. :confused3
What is wrong with you!?!?!?

:lmao:
My feet weren't happy about the amount of walking in this plan and eventually Mike saw it my way and to Norway we went.
Funny how (good) guys will do that.
Even though the wait time was posted at 20 minutes, there was only 2 other families in line. I love the details in the queue and usually take a ton of pictures, but today, I had no time!
I've never been there. Maybe I should pay their highnesses a visit.
First up, we were meeting the Ice Queen herself and photopass captured another gem of my awkward face.

:)
You look adorbs.
I requested she use her ice powers on the outdoors (which I think I do pretty much every time I meet her and she never complies for some reason).
It's because of all the Canadians screaming "NO MORE!!!!!" at her.
She put me on the spot by asking how long we've been together and then asking me what I think makes a relationship work.

The face above is me being put on the spot by a Disney princess and having no idea what to say.:lmao:
:laughing: That's hilarious!
it was time for a spin on what I affectionately call "Mexican Small World".
::yes:: I think everyone calls it that now. :)
I also kinda like the rumor of it turning into a Coco attraction
Oh! Hadn't heard that. Hope it happens.
As I entered the queue with not a single other person in it, it seems that 3 40-something-year-old men also decided to get in line. One of them either couldn't handle their alcohol or was really adamant about the ride and yelled to me, "Hey you cut us!" I turned around totally confused and offered them to go in front of us in the EMPTY line but his friend apologized and told us to ignore him.
:eek: Wow. Someone is drinking around the world... and started in Canada.
La Cava Avocado
I've never tried it, not being a fan of avocado.
Guacamole (topped with Mango and Pumpkin Seeds. Served with Fried Flour Chicharrón, Salsa Valentina and Lime 8.95)
It was unfortunately too spicy for my DD.
Yup, I used my backpack as a pillow and took a nice 30 minute nap right in the middle of Epcot.
Awwww.... Courtney lie down go sleepy sleep.
I have since been informed that the ears fold over the case (in case anyone other than I am pondering these things).
I would hope so. Even folded, though, that's gonna take up some pocket/purse real estate.
Mike came back to the room and informed me that a CM and a manager had gotten his one magicband to work but that he had to go back in the morning with the others he had with him so they could manually fix those. He did say they promised us 3 anytime FPs for the trouble.
Worth the trouble?
Up next: Magic Kingdom and a 3rd front desk visit with a rude manager!
Uh oh...

I really enjoy this ride and would be sad to see it go, but I also kinda like the rumor of it turning into a Coco attraction so I'm torn.

Yes!! I love GFT but this rumor of a Coco overlay has me so conflicted!!

As I entered the queue with not a single other person in it, it seems that 3 40-something-year-old men also decided to get in line. One of them either couldn't handle their alcohol or was really adamant about the ride and yelled to me, "Hey you cut us!" I turned around totally confused and offered them to go in front of us in the EMPTY line but his friend apologized and told us to ignore him.

Not sure what happened to them but by the time we boarded our boat, they weren't in line anymore. 🤷‍♀️I didn't really wanna be in a boat with them anyway lol.

Ugh. :sad2:

First up was La Cava del Tequila for my beloved drink:

La Cava Avocado
(Tequila Avión Blanco, Melon Liqueur, fresh Avocado, Agave Nectar and fresh Lime Juice served Frozen with Hibiscus Salt Rim 15.25). A little pricey but worth every penny to me!

Such a good margarita!!!

Yup, I used my backpack as a pillow and took a nice 30 minute nap right in the middle of Epcot.

Mike was kind enough not to photograph this but last August, my sister was not as kind.

epcot nap.png

I LOVE this, and support your right to nap in Epcot before Illuminations!

We made a stop at the camera store on the way out to swap Fuelrods and I spied this phone case

I adore this, but thank you for explaining how it would fit into your pocket because things were looking REAL impractical for a second!

and was half asleep when Mike came back to the room and informed me that a CM and a manager had gotten his one magicband to work but that he had to go back in the morning with the others he had with him so they could manually fix those. He did say they promised us 3 anytime FPs for the trouble.

Yay for three anytime FPs!!!

Up next: Magic Kingdom and a 3rd front desk visit with a rude manager!

This doesn't sound promising, but I'm extremely ready to hear about it :listen:

Those pesky magicband issues are so annoying! But at least you three free anytime fastpasses. When we had our issue and encountered a nasty CM we only got one lol I was like are you sure only one? I thought they always just gave out three when they were trying to smooth things over!

Oh, wow, I'm impressed you managed to make it through to Illuminations. After the day you'd had, I'm pretty sure a power nap would have just turned into me falling too deep and waking up even more tired. You really made the most of arrival day!!!

Great pics with Donald & Snow!

Sounds like a nice time walking through WS! I'm glad you got to see Illuminations one last time!

What a long day but sounds so fun!!

Mike is way to nice, I would have taken half a roll of pictures... I wouldn’t have instagrammed them, or posted them, but I 100% would take the photos!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Either way power nap for the win! Sometimes I feel like I want to crawl in the stroller and get pushed around!

If I could fit in a stroller and convince Mike to push me, I would totally do it lol #noshame

I really need to try that avocado margarita or whatever it’s actually called, it always sounds so good and refreshing!

Yess you do! It took me a while to try it cause it sounded weird but it's so delicious!

Well now I kinda want a dumb phone case....

Right! I still feel like it would be hard to fit in my pocket though.

Hot, sweaty... I don't want hugs, I want air!

Exactly!

Clearly because you already drank it, right?

:rotfl: :rotfl: the only valid excuse

Wow, not bad! We've had that kind of luck there once before in the late afternoon time. I swear they must not adjust the time below 20 minutes there! When this happened for us we were discussing whether we wanted to go in then or not and a CM overheard us and told us it would much shorter than 20 minutes.

I think late afternoon/early evening must be a good time to visit Anna/Elsa cause this is the second time we had almost no one there at that time!

You can't go wrong there!

:rotfl:
I like it! I usually call it "It's a Small Mexico."

Oo I like that!

I feel you there. I like the Three Caballeros overlay, but Coco really would fit very well and probably tell a better story, really.

::yes::::yes::

Stacey! DW hates the must dos show. I'd be content to walk into the room, turn it on and let it run non stop. DW instantly turned the channel every time. Didn't even get to watch it this year.

What! You need a do-over. I don't watch anything else in Disney lol

Well, it stinks that you've had to deal with the problems, but that's a nice peace offering.

Stay tuned lol. Their peace offering was a lie.

You do such a good job of getting Photopass pictures! And yes, I can't believe how few people seemed to be in Epcot that day - such great pictures with so few people in them!

Thank you! I always had the rule if we see a photographer we stop to get our money's worth out of photopass and now that it's included with our AP, nothing has changed lol

I also really like the Gran Fiesta Tour. I'd be a little sad if they changed the ride due to the nostalgia, but I think I'd be okay with it.

I agree, I would be sad to lose it but I would also be happy to have a Coco attraction.

That avocado margarita is really good! I'd love to have another one or try another flavor. I'm also always happy to have tasty chips and guacamole!

I always wanna try another flavor but I can't resist the avocado lol

This is awesome! I'm impressed! :worship:

If there's anything I'm good at, it's sleeping. :rotfl:

I'm glad you held out in order to see Illuminations. Illuminations is the only nighttime show I've seen consistently for years - I finally saw the MK fireworks and nighttime parade for the first time in 2012. (Now I wish I'd watched those earlier as I LOVED Wishes and now there is no nighttime parade!)

Ugh it still makes me sad to talk about Wishes being gone and now Illuminations is going too. :sad2:

I hope we get back a nighttime parade! It's sad without one.

Not I, either. :laughing: Although all the parks are lovely I think Epcot is especially pretty at night.

Agreed. Ak and Epcot are my favorites at night!

Poor Mike in having to deal with all those Magic Band issues! I'm glad he got one of them fixed, but I don't like the sound of you having to deal with a difficult manager the next day... :sad2:

Ugh yeah it was one of the worst Disney CM experiences I've ever had!

Great first day, wish I’d thought of napping 💤 while waiting for night time shows! Though in my case you’d find me still there in the morning 😂😂

Thank you- we had a great day! :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm a big fan of sleeping!

Poor Mike having to deal with the dodgy magic bands but kudos to him going back to the desk to get it sorted that late!

Unfortunately, he's used to dealing with the issues now!

I say take two more updates!!!! No?

:rotfl: :rotfl: It was a long day!

some are patrolled by roving guards.

Wait... we're not talking about the same kind of country border...

Lolol nope, the much prettier and less controversial kind

You can fix that! Just go back. ::yes::

Exactly!

Wow! I need to go during a non-festival time.

Do those times actually exist anymore???

There's about 5 minutes between each festival, you have to run to catch it!

Yeah, that's... I think he messed that up.

"Ew. No. Don't touch me. Ew... now smile!"

Exactly. I didn't know you could read minds!

What is wrong with you!?!?!?

I know, I fear getting kicked off these boards now.

I've never been there. Maybe I should pay their highnesses a visit.

I support it!

:laughing: That's hilarious!

:eek: Wow. Someone is drinking around the world... and started in Canada.

Seriously. I fully support doing that but only if you can handle your alcohol!

I've never tried it, not being a fan of avocado.

That's a good reason not to lol. Mike isn't an avocado fan and I told him to try it since I didn't think it had a big avocado taste but he said he tasted it.

It was unfortunately too spicy for my DD.

It is very spicy!

Awwww.... Courtney lie down go sleepy sleep.

😴😴😴

I would hope so. Even folded, though, that's gonna take up some pocket/purse real estate.

Agreed.

Worth the trouble?

Definitely not since it was a false promise and we still had more issues the next day!

Yes!! I love GFT but this rumor of a Coco overlay has me so conflicted!!

Sameee!

Such a good margarita!!!

My favorite. 🥰🥰

I LOVE this, and support your right to nap in Epcot before Illuminations!

Thank you for the support! Sometimes you just need a nap!

I adore this, but thank you for explaining how it would fit into your pocket because things were looking REAL impractical for a second!

Exactly what I was thinking before someone explained it to me!

This doesn't sound promising, but I'm extremely ready to hear about it :listen:

Ugh it was the worst.

Those pesky magicband issues are so annoying! But at least you three free anytime fastpasses. When we had our issue and encountered a nasty CM we only got one lol I was like are you sure only one? I thought they always just gave out three when they were trying to smooth things over!

Ugh it's so frustrating and it actually gets worse lol. I thought they always gave three too :confused3

Oh, wow, I'm impressed you managed to make it through to Illuminations. After the day you'd had, I'm pretty sure a power nap would have just turned into me falling too deep and waking up even more tired. You really made the most of arrival day!!!

If we were in our room, that definitely would've happened to me lol. We definitely fit a lot in!

Great pics with Donald & Snow!

Sounds like a nice time walking through WS! I'm glad you got to see Illuminations one last time!

What a long day but sounds so fun!!

It was a fun day but definitely long and exhausting.

I'm glad too- I'm so sad to see it go.

Lolol nope, the much prettier and less controversial kind
Those are better.
There's about 5 minutes between each festival, you have to run to catch it!
I used to think I was lucky to be in Epcot during a festival.
Exactly. I didn't know you could read minds!
I have many talents.
Seriously. I fully support doing that but only if you can handle your alcohol!
I would start in Canada... and be done by UK.
That's a good reason not to lol. Mike isn't an avocado fan and I told him to try it since I didn't think it had a big avocado taste but he said he tasted it.
Then I'll pass :)
Definitely not since it was a false promise and we still had more issues the next day!
:sad2:

Power naps in the park can be so refreshing. Glad you were able to rest for a few minutes and not miss IllumiNations. I keep forgetting that it's ending in a few weeks. :sad1: But I'm with you 100 percent on keeping Promises. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't stroll out of Epcot at night NOT hearing that song.(I'd probably have to pull it up on my phone or something.)

Man, poor Mike and his MagicBand trouble. Having to go back out at the end of a park day is not very pleasant.

Power naps in the park can be so refreshing. Glad you were able to rest for a few minutes and not miss IllumiNations. I keep forgetting that it's ending in a few weeks. :sad1: But I'm with you 100 percent on keeping Promises. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't stroll out of Epcot at night NOT hearing that song.(I'd probably have to pull it up on my phone or something.)

Man, poor Mike and his MagicBand trouble. Having to go back out at the end of a park day is not very pleasant.

I'm trying not to think about it ending. :sad2: :sad2: I will also have to pull it up on my phone if it's gone!

Ugh so frustrating and the trouble isn't over !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!