Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

LOVE Journey into Imagination! We have the Disney Parks Official Album, and that's one of our favorite songs to listen to!

Me too! We have it too- it's what I listen to in the car all the time!

also love that you walked passed the people in the FP line because they were too slow.:rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Vanellope and Ralph are great characters to meet!

Agreed! SO much fun!

And your FP mojo was awesome that day!

Thank you!

7 magnets.... :rotfl2: Such a random number but so funny. Of course, what I think might be funnier is that you were able to get the magnets no problem since the festival was already over. My husband and I were in Epcot on the last day and the line at MouseGears for it was insane! People were freaking out that they would run out, when obviously, they still had a ton available. Hindsight...

Looks like a great meet with Ralph and Vanellope. I'm really glad they brought them back.

Omg that's crazy lolol. I was shocked she was willing to hand that many over,

Thanks! I agree- they're so much fun to meet.

I’ve stayed at CBR three times and never made it into a hammock, jealous :P

Just another excuse to go back lol!

Oh no, I haven’t heard of this particular problem before. I hope it didn’t cause you to much trouble thought your trip.

Ugh it's so annoying. I don't understand.

I agree the values really do it better.

Yess agreed.

I didn’t realize universal did that, that sucks.

I know. It really defeats the value of buying it.

Lol, what?! What podcast is he on?

Lol it's called Mousekast! It's pretty new and they're just getting on their feet but it's fun!

#howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday
Well... this hashtag did indeed come to mind during our trip. There is a whole lot of stupid in this world...

Love all the CBR pics. Kinda wish we'd taken some... lol. Makes me wish I was still there! I really enjoyed the pool there, it was really nice! I never made it to Spyglass myself, yet in my Dis research, I knew enough that I was able to give directions to some guy who stumbled into the Barbados laundry room trying to find it. I hope he finally made it there... He was obviously directionally challenged.

I should NOT be trusted with cups without lids.
Truth. Not just you, but I'm fine with the paper straws, just give me lids. Do you have any idea how many spilled drinks got cleaned up on our trip?

My one complaint, which isn't even specific to CBR is the fridges they're using now. The ones with the clear door. They are SO tiny and there's barely room for anything in them and there's no freezer section at all.
We managed to get a gallon of milk and probably 10 - 12 bottles of water in there. We just took out the shelves. But the no freezer thing is ridiculous especially since they banned loose ice. How can you possibly get an ice pack cold enough to last in the Florida heat if you need to take a cooler? I mean, we don't do that anymore, but when the kids were younger and needed milk for bottles, we had a small cooler and used ice... not sure how we'd do it now if we had to.

They ended up deleting his entire account and rebuilding it and we had no more issues for the last few days of our trip. IT had warned us though that this may become a recurring issue on future trips so we weren't totally surprised.
Ah... Disney IT. That just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

In the meanwhile, we watched 3 buses come for Animal Kingdom, 2 for Hollywood Studios, 1 for Magic Kingdom, 2 for Disney Springs and an internal resort shuttle. And the time an Epcot bus was coming just kept changing. I was trying not to be annoyed on our first day but Mike kept reading the times to me as they changed and I was getting grumpy quickly!
I wasn't a fan of the bus service there.

One thing I think the values do better than the others is by having dedicated lines for each bus because I hate that free-for-all dash to the bus.
::yes::

On the way to our destination, we found that my favorite ride was a walk-on! Mike attempted to protest riding, but I bet you can guess who won that argument.
Ok, I love Figment (and Dreamfinder). Still can't call it my favorite ride though.

While we were in line, Mike met up with a guy he is on a Disney podcast with. Yes folks, you read that correctly. The man who claims he goes to Disney to make me happy is involved in a Disney podcast (and I am not).
I'm always looking for Disney podcasts to listen to. I kind of skipped the conversational posts to read updates so I apologize if I missed it, but I'd be interested in knowing what podcast it is, I might check it out.

The CM working the counter was very sweet and said “Actually I do! How many do you need?” For whatever reason, Mike said 7. Without even blinking an eye, the CM counted out 7 magnets and handed them to us! I was shocked!
Dang! Should have asked for more!

But the no freezer thing is ridiculous especially since they banned loose ice.

Meaning there's no ice available at the resorts or that you're not able to take it into the park? What on earth DO people do to keep things cold?! I've never had to worry about this in the past, but as someone who will now be traipsing into the parks with whole milk it may be an important thing to know!

Meaning there's no ice available at the resorts or that you're not able to take it into the park? What on earth DO people do to keep things cold?! I've never had to worry about this in the past, but as someone who will now be traipsing into the parks with whole milk it may be an important thing to know!
They do have ice machines and loose ice isn't banned from the resorts, but you can't take a cooler with just loose ice keeping something cold into the parks. You can only use ice packs for that. We've only taken a cooler in a couple of times before (same situation, milk for babies) and I just have a hard time imagining an ice pack or 2 doing the job. We'd put a couple of bottles of milk in and fill the thing with ice only to have it melt by the end of the day. Not sure how we'd do it now...

Joining in, just found your TR

I think that is so funny about the 7 AP magnets especially when I went up to get my Pluto one, the CM was really rude and said you already got one, I had to explain I had got the Daisy one in March and was now here in May to get Pluto.
She was not nice! She did give me Pluto but it was just odd how she was rude right from the start!

I’m a nurse also, I worked in a surgical ICU for many years and now I work as a team leader in Home Care, I love it, no more nights for me, did my share of nights, evenings, 12 hours etc....

I love Disney and travel with my daughter 1-2x a year!

Well... this hashtag did indeed come to mind during our trip. There is a whole lot of stupid in this world...

Love all the CBR pics. Kinda wish we'd taken some... lol. Makes me wish I was still there! I really enjoyed the pool there, it was really nice! I never made it to Spyglass myself, yet in my Dis research, I knew enough that I was able to give directions to some guy who stumbled into the Barbados laundry room trying to find it. I hope he finally made it there... He was obviously directionally challenged.

Yes there is! Every time I think I've seen or heard it all- something new happens lol.

Feel free to steal some CBR pics lol. The pool was great!

Hm I'm pretty directionally challenged but even I can tell the difference between a laundry room and a restaurant.

Truth. Not just you, but I'm fine with the paper straws, just give me lids. Do you have any idea how many spilled drinks got cleaned up on our trip?

Oo I can only imagine.

We managed to get a gallon of milk and probably 10 - 12 bottles of water in there. We just took out the shelves. But the no freezer thing is ridiculous especially since they banned loose ice. How can you possibly get an ice pack cold enough to last in the Florida heat if you need to take a cooler? I mean, we don't do that anymore, but when the kids were younger and needed milk for bottles, we had a small cooler and used ice... not sure how we'd do it now if we had to.

I never thought about taking out the shelves. Thanks for the idea.

I guess you could wait until you get in the parks and get ice from the QS places but definitely not ideal.

Ah... Disney IT. That just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I wasn't a fan of the bus service there.

Agreed- that's what will make us think twice about staying there again.

Ok, I love Figment (and Dreamfinder). Still can't call it my favorite ride though.

:rotfl2:I have a lot of favorite rides.

I'm always looking for Disney podcasts to listen to. I kind of skipped the conversational posts to read updates so I apologize if I missed it, but I'd be interested in knowing what podcast it is, I might check it out.

The podcast is called Mousekast! It's pretty new and they're still getting their feet wet but it's pretty cool!

Dang! Should have asked for more!

I know!

They do have ice machines and loose ice isn't banned from the resorts, but you can't take a cooler with just loose ice keeping something cold into the parks. You can only use ice packs for that. We've only taken a cooler in a couple of times before (same situation, milk for babies) and I just have a hard time imagining an ice pack or 2 doing the job. We'd put a couple of bottles of milk in and fill the thing with ice only to have it melt by the end of the day. Not sure how we'd do it now...

I haven't dealt with it but I think the best thing to do would be to wait until you get into the park and ask for ice at QS places to put in the cooler. You can't bring loose ice into the parks, but once you're through security, it's fair game.

Joining in, just found your TR

:welcome:Thanks for joining! I've been lurking through your most recent TR lol. I just read your August PTR updates!

I think that is so funny about the 7 AP magnets especially when I went up to get my Pluto one, the CM was really rude and said you already got one, I had to explain I had got the Daisy one in March and was now here in May to get Pluto.
She was not nice! She did give me Pluto but it was just odd how she was rude right from the start!

Wow that's so annoying! I found it odd how she was so willing to give us so many too!

I’m a nurse also, I worked in a surgical ICU for many years and now I work as a team leader in Home Care, I love it, no more nights for me, did my share of nights, evenings, 12 hours etc....

Always nice to meet another Dis nurse! I'm thinking about trying to get off nights now finally. I really do love my night shift coworkers but I find that the nights are starting to affect my health so I think it's time.

I love Disney and travel with my daughter 1-2x a year!

You and your daughter are adorable together. It's so lovely that you guys get to travel together so often!

Torture in the Soarin Line!

Hi y'all! I'm back from our fantastic trip to Dollywood/Great Smoky Mountains/Nashville/Kentucky!

Some of you are following me on Insta and have seen a lot of pictures already but I'd like to share just a few here!

dollywood.JPG

We had a fantastic time at Dollywood- the cinnamon bread is a must eat!

gsm.JPG

Hiked in the Smoky Mountains (and survived!)

pedal tavern.JPG

Did a Pedal tavern in Nashville.

luke bryan drinks.JPG
Drank a lot.

carousel okapi.JPG
Visited the Nashville Zoo (and found an okapi on the carousel!)

opry.JPG
Did a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry.

lost river cave.JPG
And ended the trip with a cave tour in Kentucky!

I already want to go back!

But in the meantime, let's head back to WDW in June where we still haven't made it through our arrival day.

------------------------------------

We left off waiting out the rain in Mousegears and getting a ridiculous amount of AP magnets. Our next FP window opened, so we donned ponchos and braved the rain.

Our FP+ was for the Character Spot for 2:40- 3:40 and we entered at 2:43 PM, bypassing a 45 minute line with only 2 families ahead of us in the FP+ line.

In just a few minutes, it was our turn to meet the main mouse!

First photopass captured this gem- guess I was telling Mickey I was scared of something?

Then the nice posed shot.

After Mickey, Goofy was up but he had a zipper malfunction so we had a few minutes to wait. I used that time to find out our next Test Track FP had also become a multiple experiences FP and was able to book Frozen Ever After for 4:30- 5:30! Another major FP score!

Then it was our turn with Goof!

A nice hug shot with Mike.

And this gem of my confused face and frizzy hair?

Then Goofy decided to take Mike's Kiss the Girl shirt literally and posed us for this shot which is one of my favorites!

Another nice posed shot.

Next up was our girl Minnie. She was lovely but apparently our photopass photographer wasn't in a photo taking mood so we got exactly two photos of the meet.

The other was identical to this. You're welcome

This lovely voicemail also showed up on our photopass account which is a cute touch.

After the Character Spot, we decided to use one of our multiple experience FPs for Soarin.

This was our afternoon downfall.

The rest of humanity also made this choice.

This is the FP line we joined.

We should have decided to come back at another time. However, I've always found they move the FP lines quickly even when they're backed up. This wasn't the case this time. The line was massive and filled the entire FP queue. All the people around us in the line were angry and grumpy and rude. The mother of the family behind us kept literally pushing me to get in front of me and then gesturing to her family to join her.

As we got to the CM who was going to be sending us to different theaters, the group of about 20 in front of us said "Let's form two separate lines". And for some reason, many people listened to them and two separate lines formed and the CM was just like um we need one line here folks.

We got in line at 3:01 pm and didn't get off the ride until a few minutes before 4.

The annoying wait, coupled with the early morning got to me and I was hitting a wall. We decided it was time for a snack break so we stopped at Sunshine Seasons.

We chose a turtle brownie and an oreo cheesecake Mickey with 2 fountain sodas for a total of $18.71.

The sugar had the desired effect and we got a second wind. When we were done, the app said Test Track was up and running again so we decided to head over there to use our 2nd multiple experiences FP before it went down again.

On our way, I took this boomerang of the fountains.

Made it to Test Track!

The fastpass line for Test Track was fine, unlike Soarin and we were through the car design room in 15 minutes.

Here's our beautiful creation. My goal is always to make the most ridiculous car possible- anyone else?

It seems our ride photo never got loaded but I can imagine it involves my hair being all over the place.

We stopped to check our car's score after the ride and it was decent though definitely not highest of the day.

Then we did something I had recently found out was included on photopass- the drivers licenses! For some reason I always thought they weren't included in the photo booths you could use photopass for? Maybe they changed it? Who knows but I was excited!

I went first. You take 3 photos and then choose the one you want to be on your license at the end.

I chose this gem.

Then it was Mike's turn and I was delighted to see there was a screen on the outside of the booth where you could watch the photo taking process. He didn't notice this and made these faces he though no one would ever see.

You're welcome.

Here's his finished product.

You have to pay actual money to get the physical license, but we were happy with the uploaded versions.

That done, it was finally time to head into the World Showcase!

-------------------------------

Next time: we make it into the World Showcase, meet a bunch of characters and finally make it to the end of our arrival day!

In the mean time, I'm off to take a nap before working my 4th straight night after vacation. I'm still behind on a ton of reports but I promise I'm working on catching up!

Last edited:
Ah geez!! Didn't realize I missed an update... sorry, the notification settings on the new DIS server are super funky!!

First though, we were passing a “Disney wall” and instagram law dictated we must stop.

Untitled by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

Girl you are so stunning!!!! That lip color and the color of your romper are amazing on you, especially against the wall!!!

We looked at a lot of things but didn’t buy anything since it was still our first day. While we were there, we went to the passholder counter to ask if they might have any of the Flower and Garden magnets left over since the festival had ended a little over a week ago. The CM working the counter was very sweet and said “Actually I do! How many do you need?” For whatever reason, Mike said 7. Without even blinking an eye, the CM counted out 7 magnets and handed them to us! I was shocked!

Here’s what the bottom of my fridge looks like now as a result:

This is the DREAM

In just a few minutes, it was our turn to meet the main mouse!

First photopass captured this gem- guess I was telling Mickey I was scared of something?

Big mood

Then Goofy decided to take Mike's Kiss the Girl shirt literally and posed us for this shot which is one of my favorites!

I adore this!!!

All the people around us in the line were angry and grumpy and rude. The mother of the family behind us kept literally pushing me to get in front of me and then gesturing to her family to join her.

I am so sorry. I would have had words with this mother, probably to the dismay of my OWN mother.

As we got to the CM who was going to be sending us to different theaters, the group of about 20 in front of us said "Let's form two separate lines". And for some reason, many people listened to them and two separate lines formed and the CM was just like um we need one line here folks.

:confused::confused::confused: Can the Soarin' queue guests please pull it together

Here's our beautiful creation. My goal is always to make the most ridiculous car possible- anyone else?

That's our goal, too!!!

Then it was Mike's turn and I was delighted to see there was a screen on the outside of the booth where you could watch the photo taking process. He didn't notice this and made these faces he though no one would ever see.

You're welcome.

Here's his finished product.

You have to pay actual money to get the physical license, but we were happy with the uploaded versions.

That done, it was finally time to head into the World Showcase!

I have never seen these before!!! Dad is a huge Test Track fan, we need to do this on our next trip!!!

We had a fantastic time at Dollywood
Great! Glad you did. :)
And ended the trip with a cave tour in Kentucky!
Now that's cool!
But in the meantime, let's head back to WDW in June where we still haven't made it through our arrival day.
This is a verrrrrry long day.
"You smell like cheese sir. And not in a good way."

hmmm... is there a good way to smell like cheese?
And this gem of my confused face and frizzy hair?
"How does your hat stay perched on your head?"
Love that shot. :)
However, I've always found they move the FP lines quickly even when they're backed up.
Yep! Never fails!
This wasn't the case this time.
Except this one time.
The mother of the family behind us kept literally pushing me to get in front of me and then gesturing to her family to join her.
:sad2:
I loathe people like that.
the group of about 20 in front of us said "Let's form two separate lines". And for some reason, many people listened to them and two separate lines formed and the CM was just like um we need one line here folks.
That's just.... really weird.
We got in line at 3:01 pm and didn't get off the ride until a few minutes before 4.
Holy smokes! You sure you weren't in the standby line? Yikes!
We chose a turtle brownie and an oreo cheesecake Mickey
I'd go for that oreo one.
OMG. What the heck even is that???
I went first. You take 3 photos and then choose the one you want to be on your license at the end.

I chose this gem.
Perfect.
:laughing:

That photo of Goofy covering his eyes while you guys kiss is great. Goofy is always one of the more fun characters to interact with. :goodvibes
Yikes, that FP line for Soarin' looks nuts. I can imagine the Land is a go-to place when it rains. It's indoors, has food, multiple attractions, etc.

Your trip looked sooo fun, I loved seeing all the pics on Instagram!

Cute pics at character spot!

Yikes, what a long FP wait for Soarin! Even worse when you're surrounded by such annoying people!

We should have decided to come back at another time. However, I've always found they move the FP lines quickly even when they're backed up. This wasn't the case this time. The line was massive and filled the entire FP queue. All the people around us in the line were angry and grumpy and rude. The mother of the family behind us kept literally pushing me to get in front of me and then gesturing to her family to join her.

Yikes! Sounds like a fun time...

:rotfl2:I will have to remember this!

Glad to hear you had a fun trip to Dollywood, we're considering a cousins trip there sometime. Love, love, love the photos - especially the Goofy one!

Your trip to Kentucky looked fun!

Ah, I love visiting the Character Spot! That picture with Goofy is GREAT - what a great character interaction!

YIKES that Fastpass line! I'm impressed that you stayed in that line and didn't bail. At least you were rewarded later with a better experience in the Test Track line!

The Oreo cheesecake Mickey looks quite tasty!

Ahh the character spot looks so fun!

We found the Soarin FP line was super long the last couple of trips, yuck!

Your trip to Dollywood looks like a fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter