Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I feel like we would make great park buddies, because I definitely get in a loop and say that exact same thing every time I see Kevin or a picture of her. :rotfl2: When I was there over the summer my mom politely went, "Okay, we get it, Alicia." :laughing:

Omg too funny! I think we would be perfect touring together!

I wondered where that "You are Beautiful" wall was. Makes more sense now that it's kind of hidden at a CM entrance.

It took me SO long to find it the first time lol. I was googling pictures of it trying to compare it to what I was seeing :rotfl:

I'm with you - I think MK is now my favorite park but AK keeps sneaking up there behind it. Despite the lack of tons of "attractions," the atmosphere is so nice and I'm always happy hanging out there. I think we'll spend a ton of time in both of those parks in our upcoming trip as MK has so many attractions for toddlers and AK has attractions AND animals!

Exactly! Now that AK is actually open at night, I love it even more. I feel like the atmosphere at night is so different- it's almost like a totally different park!

Um, yikes! People are CRAZY!

Yes they really are!

We're Not Gonna Make It!

After our Up meet and greet, it was 10 am. I was hoping to go to Everest to use our FP from 9:40-10:40 but when I checked the app, the ride was STILL down and our FP had changed to a multiple experience pass.

I was sad it was still down because it's one of my favorites but since our FP had converted, we were able to pull another and with some quick refreshing, I pulled one for Dinosaur starting at 10:15! :dogdance:

(A little FP+ aside in case you're not that familiar with the system: If one of your 3 initial FPs convert to a multiple experience pass because the ride is down, the system no longer counts it as one of your 3 so you can instantly book another. This is even more important to note in the parks with tiers because if it's a tier 2 attraction FP that converts, you have to make another tier 2 FP before you'll be eligible to get another tier 1 FP as a 4th FP for the day which was my main concern as I wanted to try to get another FOP FP. That's all- thanks for reading my Ted Talk.)

We made our way to Dinoland and had a few minutes to kill before our FP window opened so we jumped in a short line to meet Scrooge!

We discussed now nice it was of him to fund Donald's Dino Bash so we could all enjoy this party.

It bothers me that you can't add your own borders to pictures anymore and they just pick which ones to put it on. This cute border is on this ridiculous photo lol.

After our meet, we went to Dinosaur to use our FP and barely waited at all.

My favorite parts of this ride are yelling "We're not gonna make it!" and seeing everyone's faces in the ride photo lol.

The group in the front row look like fun to hang out with!

We did, in fact, make it back and after our ride got in a 10 minute line for my absolute FAVORITE part of Donald's Dino Bash.

I find Chip and Dale SO adorable dressed as dinos and they're always so much fun here!

I guess this was my dinosaur impression? :rotfl::rotfl:

Then Dale came over to try to steal my affection from Mike and from there, chaos ensued.

This next one is my personal favorite lol.

Dale attempting to make amends. :rotfl:

T

Then it was Chip's turn to cause trouble.

Finally, everyone made up and we took a lovely photo together.

It was another great meet and greet full of laughs and we were ready to make our way out of Dinoland but on our way out, we passed Launchpad with only one family in line and how can you pass that up?? (We could not).

Here Launchpad was apparently attempting to tell me that the Duck Tales theme song was playing but I thought we were simulating flying. #imtheworst

Yak and Yeti Lunch

We walked towards Everest hoping that some magic would happen and it would be running. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. We settled for some photopass photos instead.

We decided to use our FP for Kali River Rapids before going to lunch. Since we didn't wanna be soaking wet eating lunch, we were THOSE people wearing ponchos on the water ride. Can't win them all.

Luckily, there's no photographic evidence of any of this since all our stuff was in lockers. Also, I feel like each time I ride this, people are complaining there's nowhere for their stuff to go so PSA: there are free lockers around the corner!

After our ride, we went to one of our favorite restaurants in all of Disney.

Yak and Yeti!

Quite often at home, Mike will ask me what I want for dinner and my answer is Yak and Yeti.:scared:

We checked in and were seated in less than 10 minutes with our Landry's card.

As people typically do, we started with drinks.

I got the Yak Attack (Mango Daiquiri, Don Q Cristal Rum and Wildberry Flavors $11) and Mike got an ever exciting Coke. The Yak Attack is my go-to drink here. I love it because it's delicious and frozen and refreshing on a hot day. It is pretty sweet though so if that's not your thing, it might not be your favorite.

I almost always order the Lobster Garlic noodles here but I was struggling with whether to stick to an old standby or try something new. I decided to branch out and try something different!

We picked something off their specials menu to share as an appetizer but we asked our server to just bring all the food out at the same time because we were starving lol.

These were Asian street tacos (Kalbi marinated beef, Korean BBQ sauce, cotija cheese and cucumber kimchi slaw $19.99). These were delicious! All the flavors worked together well and I loved everything about that. Mike was skeptical about them at first because of the kimchi slaw but even he loved them. We both agreed we could've done without the french fries though because they were pretty basic and didn't add much (except calories) to our lives.

For my entree, I picked something off the shareables menu that I'd been dying to try for a long time.

Ahi Tuna Nachos :love::love: (Sushi grade Ahi tuna, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, sweet soy glaze $17.79). These 100% lived up to the hype! I ordered them as my entree because Mike doesn't eat seafood so wouldn't share them with me and the dish was HUGE. If you're ever considering ordering these as a meal, don't hesitate. They're delicious and so filling. I just kept eating them and there was still so much left when I was done.

Mike stuck with what he knows and ordered what he gets every single time.

Lo Mein (Lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts with Kobe beef $20.99). So this dish isn't actually on their menu. They once had it on a specials menu years ago but for some reason, their regular menu has every other kind of lo mein except beef. Mike fell in love with it from their specials menu and asks them each time to make it. They're always very nice about it and do so without any issues. He loves this because the beef is soft and tender and basically melts in your mouth.

I came here in February with my coworkers and introduced one of them to this dish and she also fell in love. She took close up pictures of the beef and sent them to Mike to taunt him so he got payback today and did the same thing back to her. :rotfl:

We had yet another fantastic meal at Yak and Yeti. Our server was great, all our food was delicious and the only downside was that we ordered way too much food and had no room for dessert.

We rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and decided we would tour the park and try to get as many magic shots as possible!

Next time: Do we succeed?

I am enjoying your trip report!
i love your character meet and greets - the pictures are awesome! You got to meet so many characters in such a short amount of time!
And I get it... every time I see a Photopass photographer I HAVE to stop! 😂

It bothers me that you can't add your own borders to pictures anymore and they just pick which ones to put it on. This cute border is on this ridiculous photo lol.

I love the border with that one it's so cheerful, but he looks so sad :rotfl:

The Yak Attack is my go-to drink here. I love it because it's delicious and frozen and refreshing on a hot day. I

Yum I love those!

(A little FP+ aside in case you're not that familiar with the system: If one of your 3 initial FPs convert to a multiple experience pass because the ride is down, the system no longer counts it as one of your 3 so you can instantly book another. This is even more important to note in the parks with tiers because if it's a tier 2 attraction FP that converts, you have to make another tier 2 FP before you'll be eligible to get another tier 1 FP as a 4th FP for the day which was my main concern as I wanted to try to get another FOP FP. That's all- thanks for reading my Ted Talk.)
I actually did not know this!
My favorite parts of this ride are yelling "We're not gonna make it!" and seeing everyone's faces in the ride photo lol.
:laughing: I like that!
The group in the front row look like fun to hang out with!
::yes::
I guess this was my dinosaur impression? :rotfl::rotfl:
ooooohhhh… scary-boo!
Here Launchpad was apparently attempting to tell me that the Duck Tales theme song was playing but I thought we were simulating flying. #imtheworst
:lmao:
Nice try, though.
We walked towards Everest hoping that some magic would happen and it would be running. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case
Shoot. Still down? What the heck?
we were THOSE people wearing ponchos on the water ride. Can't win them all.
:sad2:

(don't tell anyone... we did the same.)
After our ride, we went to one of our favorite restaurants in all of Disney.

Yak and Yeti!
Up until my last trip, I was less than impressed with Yak & Yeti... no more!
Quite often at home, Mike will ask me what I want for dinner and my answer is Yak and Yeti.:scared:
:laughing:
I love it because it's delicious and frozen and refreshing on a hot day
If only it didn't come with rum.
I almost always order the Lobster Garlic noodles
Whoa! That sounds good!
Lo Mein (Lo Mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions, bean sprouts with Kobe beef $20.99). So this dish isn't actually on their menu.
Not on the menu... Pretty sure I wouldn't have the nerve to ask for it, then.
I came here in February with my coworkers and introduced one of them to this dish and she also fell in love. She took close up pictures of the beef and sent them to Mike to taunt him so he got payback today and did the same thing back to her. :rotfl:
:laughing: Touche!

What a bummer Everest was still down!

Those are without a doubt the best parts of Dinosaur. I don't go on that attraction, though, because every time I did I was the person people laughed at in the photos. :rotfl2:

Chip and Dale are pretty adorable in their dino outfits.

Glad lunch at Yak and Yeti was another success! Your drink sounded really good, and something I would totally order if I were there.

If one of your 3 initial FPs convert to a multiple experience pass because the ride is down, the system no longer counts it as one of your 3 so you can instantly book another.
I had no idea. Will definitely have to give that a whirl next time.

This next one is my personal favorite lol.

Uh Oh! Mike does not look happy that Dale is moving in on his lady

These were Asian street tacos (Kalbi marinated beef, Korean BBQ sauce, cotija cheese and cucumber kimchi slaw $19.99). These were delicious! All the flavors worked together well and I loved everything about that. Mike was skeptical about them at first because of the kimchi slaw but even he loved them. We both agreed we could've done without the french fries though because they were pretty basic and didn't add much (except calories) to our lives.
Yum those look and sound delicious though the fries do seem like an odd accompaniment.

Ahi Tuna Nachos :love::love: (Sushi grade Ahi tuna, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, sweet soy glaze $17.79). These 100% lived up to the hype! I ordered them as my entree because Mike doesn't eat seafood so wouldn't share them with me and the dish was HUGE. If you're ever considering ordering these as a meal, don't hesitate. They're delicious and so filling. I just kept eating them and there was still so much left when I was done.
Ahi tuna nachos how do I love thee!!! Glad to hear they didn't disappoint you either. Its been way to long since I've had these in my life and that must be remedied soonest.

All caught up!!

What a successful day you had between DHS and DS! I have to try that drink at Jock Lindsays! Looks so good!

Also I'm 99% sure the zebras were on the safari before! I think it was during our Savor the Savanna tour that our guide said they had to be removed from the safari because they were being big bullies to other animals on the savanna! lol I guess they are kind of jerks!

I am enjoying your trip report!
i love your character meet and greets - the pictures are awesome! You got to meet so many characters in such a short amount of time!
And I get it... every time I see a Photopass photographer I HAVE to stop! 😂

Thank you!

The addition of the Dino-Bash to AK made it a lot easier to meet a lot of characters close together in cute outfits!

Exactly! Might as well get your money out of it lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!