Thrifty car rental

4 DZNY NUTZ

DIS Veteran
I just checked prices for rental cars for our December vacation & decided to check for off site companies as well. They are a lot cheaper & shuttle busses are available to take you there from the airport. We found a minvan rental with Thrifty for $220.00 for the week.

Anyone had any experience with them? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I had a bad experience with them It was a few years back, but it was a big hassle. After I got back home, I had mysterious charges from them on my credit card that they could not explain, they promised they would take it off and never did. After a lot of phone calls & aggravation, I ended up disputing the chg with my credit card & they took care of it for me.

I have not used them since. I used Dollar last time I was there, and we had no problems at all. We have also used Budget & Hertz in the last few years with no problems. Id say stick with one that is at the airport and doesnt require a shuttle if you can.

I am traveling with 25 youth the last week of June. We were with Enterprise but they wanted double of what thrifty wanted. I am very worried that the thrifty price will change from my booking price because it just says "price quote"

What are the company's at the airport?

I just have to share with you the most fabulous car rental discount website. It's www.carrentalsavers.com . I read about it here on the DIS on the transportation board and used them for my PA vacation next month and friends DC vacation next month and both times the prices they found were far and away much cheaper than anything I could find on my own. On the right hand side of the page there's a box that says "tired of looking for codes on your own?" and you click book on there and they ask you what you're looking for and your name and address, no credit cards or anything. Then within about 24 hours they email you back with a great car rental deal. I can't say enough good things about this website as I've used them 3 times now and I've been really impressed with the prices.

We rented through them a few years ago, my in-laws rented with them last February, and we are using them next February. The shuttle doesn't take a lot of time at all. We are part of their blue chip program and the lines are not bad. My in-laws were done quicker than we were this past February. We used Budget (on-site), and they used Thrifty. I wouldn't hesitate to use them, especially if they have the least expensive price.

Go to alamo.com and sign up for their hot deals emails we have gotten a rental car 3 times now for a week and paid under 250.00 fro everything . Also if you are a Costco member they have discount deals on rental cars btw Alamo is on sight very easy you can check in online before you leave and no waiting at counter just go the the rental car lot and pick a car and drive though the check out gate...Hope this helps

I try not to be 'that guy' who goes around bashing companies for fun, but since you asked, I'll tell you that I had the same experience with Thrifty on 3 different occasions at 3 different locations, and have since refused to use the company regardless of cost savings. The long story made short is that Thrifty will bring you in with a cheap price and then do anything and everything they possibly can to 'upsell' you on insurance and other add-ons. In one case, I was asked whether or not I wanted to add the extra insurance for the rental and I said 'No, I don't want any extra insurance.' To this, the agent said, 'ok, so you just want the basic.' It was not until I returned the car that I realized the 'basic' was actually a $30 per day upsell! I am the first to admit that I should have more fully read the contract they had me sign, but I had been very clear about the fact that I didn't want any extra, and they were intentionally subversive to that desire and cost me $240 in the process.

They do tend to have good rates, but be very careful about what you agree to. It is my experience that they find a way to make up the difference in other ways.

With that said, I am a HUGE advocate of the National Emerald Club. Rates are generally competitive and you simply walk out the door, pick out your car and drive out through the window. We've been extremely happy each time we've used them in a number of different locations.

how about utiliziing Magical express from MCO. its free and easy

how about utiliziing Magical express from MCO. its free and easy

5 of us are while my husband gets the rental car. My father in law has a prosthetic leg so it will be easier for us to have our own transportation instead of relying on disney transportation - other than magical express. We like to come & go thru the parks as we please instead of waiting for the buses. We have tried doing the buses before & just prefer having our own transportation. Plus we go offsite as well.

anyone had any issues with the price quoted going up in price....other than obvious reasons (option upgrade, insurance etc)?

We get a rental car each time we go to WDW and we have never had any issues with a price going up. When we bring the car back, they let us know the cost and it was always the same as what we were quoted. We have never used Thrifty, but we have used Alamo and National and we have never had problems at all.

We get a rental car each time we go to WDW and we have never had any issues with a price going up. When we bring the car back, they let us know the cost and it was always the same as what we were quoted. We have never used Thrifty, but we have used Alamo and National and we have never had problems at all.

Thanks, we checked Alamo & National and the cost is a lot more than thrifty
($150 - $200 more) We used Alamo in the past & the only problem we had was the wait at the counter......it had to be about an hour to an hour & a half and that was at 11:00 pm.

Anyone had any price change from the one quoted from Thrifty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter