Three feet distancing guideline starting 5/6

TikiRob

In a Tropical Hideaway
"Practice social distancing and keep at least 3 feet (1 meters) between your travel party and others. When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward."

This is clearly a sign for increased capacity as they ramp up to summer and Velocicoaster. Does this just mean when masked and in line and not at dining locations? Glad we booked a hotel with Express for our June trip.

As a side note, I feel like 3' between parties should be the standard for life. :D

I commented about this on the thread about stopping the temperature checks. I really liked the 6' spacing, as people generally did a good job of keeping some distance. Even when they didn't, they were still generally more than 3' away. With markers every 3', people will really start to pack in. It won't really affect us since our APs expired in March, but it will be something to think about the next time we plan a trip to Orlando.

Not feeling awesome about it. Kids can't get vaccinated, and they're a huge portion of amusement park guests. And yes, they can get covid. We do so many other things to protect our kids, so I feel like we should make sure the kid-heavy amusement parks keep the kids top of mind.

I commented about this on the thread about stopping the temperature checks. I really liked the 6' spacing, as people generally did a good job of keeping some distance. Even when they didn't, they were still generally more than 3' away. With markers every 3', people will really start to pack in. It won't really affect us since our APs expired in March, but it will be something to think about the next time we plan a trip to Orlando.

I'm much happier being able to do normal activities (including amusement parks) with precautions rather than having activities be "normal" but having to make choices about my kids' safety. While I certainly don't think 6 feet is something magic, as cfoxga points out now that the requirement is 3 feet the reality will be closer to 1 foot.

I'd like to hold out just a bit longer with precautions until the vaccination rate is higher, kids can get vaccinated, and we can knock out mutations. After all we've gone through, I feel like being a bit extra cautious so we don't boomerang again. We've come soooo close...

Not feeling awesome about it. Kids can't get vaccinated, and they're a huge portion of amusement park guests. And yes, they can get covid. We do so many other things to protect our kids, so I feel like we should make sure the kid-heavy amusement parks keep the kids top of mind.

I'm much happier being able to do normal activities (including amusement parks) with precautions rather than having activities be "normal" but having to make choices about my kids' safety. While I certainly don't think 6 feet is something magic, as cfoxga points out now that the requirement is 3 feet the reality will be closer to 1 foot.

I'd like to hold out just a bit longer with precautions until the vaccination rate is higher, kids can get vaccinated, and we can knock out mutations. After all we've gone through, I feel like being a bit extra cautious so we don't boomerang again. We've come soooo close...

If you are so worried about kids not being vaccinated, then you probably shouldn't bring a kid to the park unvaccinated.

It's simply the case of people having their cake and eating it.
They want to do "unsafe" things, yet rationalize little quibbling things like 3 feet just to pretend that they are doing something safe.

There was NO social distancing st all in the largest longest lines we experienced on Universal property, parking garage to security check at City Walk. Do not go if you really need 3 feet distance everywhere. Most lines were also 3 feet or less for the vast majority of people, even with 6 feet markers.

Here in Texas our kids went to school all year long (masked) and played school sports and youth sports (unmasked) and it was successful and we never had large outbreaks among students or teachers. Did kids get sick? Sure. Was it like the flu? Yes. Mine got a respiratory infection....not covid, flu, rsv, or strep which cleared with antibiotics...I think it was from prolonged masking in school. Youth athletes have collapsed running with a mask and passed out in other states. Heat and oxygen deprivation will eventually lead to a law suit. We have to get rid of the masks soon! Thank goodness we will be mask optional in school starting in 14 days!!!! Texas has been open for business and normal since March 10...and cases have gone DOWN. almost 200 school districts will be mask optional next year, many are already. Look up Peaster ISD in Texas....they never masked, ever. And attendance was BETTER than in a “normal” year. Texas Rangers opened the ballpark to FULL capacity (and it sold out) ...masks walking in and after that people took them off in the stands....that was April. No major ouutbreaks, cases are down. Dallas will hold an 80000 person boxing match at att stadium with the roof closed. Life is getting back to normal in some places but the media refuses to advertise it.

“2 weeks to stop the spread” is over. The hospitals are fine, covid specific wards are closed, we have ample vaccines for those that want them and therapeutics and antibody treatments for those who might not want a vaccine and get sick. Data shows kids can get covid but it impacts them no worse that flu and we didnt shut the world down for the flu. Open the parks up and get back to normal! Dragging this out will lead to litigation either from people who have legitimate medical and religious exemptions to wearing masks or unhealthy overweight Americans passing out in the summer heat due to or exacerbated by forced medical masking which studies show DOES NOTHING.

Last edited:

If kids can be in school three feet apart and masked then I don’t see why everywhere else can’t be the same at this point.

The glorious protests of the past year there was zero social distancing and little mask wearing yet cities didn't fall apart from COVID because of it.

If it's outside then 10 feet/3 feet/1 inch doesn't really matter.

The glorious protests of the past year there was zero social distancing and little mask wearing yet cities didn't fall apart from COVID because of it.

If it's outside then 10 feet/3 feet/1 inch doesn't really matter.

totally agree as far as outside -doesn’t matter.

If kids can be in school three feet apart and masked then I don’t see why everywhere else can’t be the same at this point.
We have had kids in school be less than 3’ and unmasked for an entire YEAR with no problem (Peaster ISD in Texas rejected all mandates all year) and we have had youth sports (rec/select/uil) with kids unmasked and sweating on each other and breathing in each others faces for the whole year for pretty much the entire state of Texas. No one reports on it in the mainstream media though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter