Thoughts on O'hana and 1900 Park Fare

DisneyShack

FEAR THE DUCK
These will be two new places for us. O'hana is for dinner and 1900 Park Fare is for character breakfast - what characters can we expect. The CM just said Mary and friends. Thanks.

Ohana has fabulous food and a great atmosphere for both kids and adults. My mom and I went there on our last trip which we just returned from on March 1st. We enjoyed everything and would definitely go back again. They had coconut races for kids, along with some other things that went on during the meal.

1900 Park Fare is where we did breakfast on our trip before this one, back at New Years time 2001-02. It was a freebie included in our package and we decided that was a good place to use it, since we were right around the monorail track at the Contemporary. We were told the same thing, so I assume that you'll have the same or similar characters. We had Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Eeyore, Piglet, and Winnie the Pooh. We thought the food was great and we really enjoyed the characters they had there. They circulated better than at some of the character meals and it was a lot of fun to meet the face characters, who talk to you. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by LauraAngel
Ohana has fabulous food and a great atmosphere for both kids and adults. My mom and I went there on our last trip which we just returned from on March 1st. We enjoyed everything and would definitely go back again. They had coconut races for kids, along with some other things that went on during the meal.

1900 Park Fare is where we did breakfast on our trip before this one, back at New Years time 2001-02. It was a freebie included in our package and we decided that was a good place to use it, since we were right around the monorail track at the Contemporary. We were told the same thing, so I assume that you'll have the same or similar characters. We had Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Eeyore, Piglet, and Winnie the Pooh. We thought the food was great and we really enjoyed the characters they had there. They circulated better than at some of the character meals and it was a lot of fun to meet the face characters, who talk to you. Hope this helps!

My boyfriend has hinted at liking to do another character meal when we go back in December. Which of these two would you say is better? What sorts of food do they serve and is it breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Thanks!

Sheri

We ate at 'Ohana on exactly this date last year (excuse me while I go wipe a tear away)....it was the best meal of our 10 day trip. This is why:

We got a primo window seat, facing the castle and were ablet o watch the fireworks halfway thru the meal.

The food was right up our alley- wontons, stir fry veggies, salad with honey lime dressing, fried rice, a yummy Hawaiian bread, delicious chicken wings marinated in an Asian dressing, and then the meat.....turkey, pork, steak and shrimp! All were quite tasty- I think the turkey was a bit dry, but they give you several sauces to dip you meat in (try the peanut sauce with the wontons- YUM) so that moistened it up. Then pineapple with warm caramel sauce for dessert. YUM! And it's all you can eat- just tell your server if you would like more of something and they will be HAPPY to bring it to you until you pop!

The service- they serve in teams of two- both of our servers were A++- extremely friendly, extremely warm and efficient. Our two kids weren't so into the food so our server suggested he bring them some hot dogs or chicken strips from next door. We said, "That would be so great!" and he brought them back in 5 minutes or less! And we were only charged for that food- not the 'Ohana buffet price and the hot dogs...just the hot dogs.

Plus, our 5 year old loved the hula hoop contest and the coconut races- it was just fabulous for our family! We had 7 in our party represented kids, 2 30-somethings, and our parents who are in their mid 50's- to mid 60's....and we ALL loved it!

We ate at O'Hana when we were at WDW Dec 02
DH just told me he wants to go back when we return this Oct

Originally posted by Ms. S. White
I made ressies for dinner there also. How are the prices?

I *believe* it's about $25 per adult and that includes a non-alcoholic drink and $10 per child. Double check www.allears.net to be certain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts