Thoughts on January?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I currently have a trip booked for the second week in January 2022 but thinking about moving it to a week later. I'm concerned about possible marathon crowds vs MLK weekend crowds. Also wondering if the Festival of the Arts will be about the same dates as this year and if weather is any different from week to week in January (better towards Feb?).

Thoughts or experiences are appreciated!

We went in January, including marathon weekend and the period after. There were one or two days we could just barely swim, as I recall, but there was also a cold snap that we were NOT prepared for! The runners ended up needing those warming blankets. It was sort of brutal. Of course you can't know about things like that in advance, but you can pack to prepare for all weather. We had winter coats but not really enough super warm clothes to deal with it. We still had fun, and the crowds were very low. Hours were shorter, but they have been pretty short anyway. ;)

I know it’s all speculation with crowds at this point, but it’s looking like the earliest we’ll be able to plan a trip to WDW is Jan 1-8. Kids’ conflicting college schedules and internships are making it difficult to plan anything sooner. So that is the only week between now and next summer that we could all go together. But will it be super crowded that week with it being so close to NYE/New Year’s Day?

We went that same time two years ago and the first couple of days were pretty crowded but crowds lightened up significantly after the 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter