THoughts on Grand Europe ABD?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
This appealed to us as a whole. However the timeframe of the months offered in 2022 are the pits. July?? WAYYY to hot. Wanted a May trip. Does any other company do a sampler like this?

This appealed to us as a whole. However the timeframe of the months offered in 2022 are the pits. July?? WAYYY to hot. Wanted a May trip. Does any other company do a sampler like this?
Not that I'm aware of. But that doesn't mean another company doesn't have one out there somewhere.

Are you traveling with kids? Because they offer the trip as Adults Only in September & October, which should be MUCH nicer than July/August.

Sayhello

Interestingly, Tauck Bridges used to but I don't see it on their website for 2022. I'm sure ABD scheduled it during the summer to ensure families could participate, but I agree...Italy in July is way too hot for me.

I've done the Med in July. Never again. I'm pretty sure Rick Steves does something like it, but it won't be quite the same as ABD. Look on the "Other Options" thread for other companies.

I live in central Texas. I'm no stranger to the heat. Does't mean I want to spend my vacation in it.

Just looked at Rick Steves out of curiosity. All the "family" trips are July/August. Lots of regular trips other months. I think if you want a family focused trip, you're going to be stuck with the standard school vacation months regardless of the provider.

UGH! THanks all. My DD is 22 so ADults only for sure. But July? I too do Disney in June July in Florida without too much issue but doesn't mean I want to be in Italy in it - at least Disney I can dodge in and out of AC! Maybe 2023 might be different if 2022 goes over well...THANKS!

UGH! THanks all. My DD is 22 so ADults only for sure. But July? I too do Disney in June July in Florida without too much issue but doesn't mean I want to be in Italy in it - at least Disney I can dodge in and out of AC! Maybe 2023 might be different if 2022 goes over well...THANKS!
So I'm still confused. What's wrong with September/October?

Sayhello

Oh, but she's not in school in May? That makes sense.

Sayhello
Yes actually she is out late April so that would be IDEAL! I just don't know that I could handle that summer heat but only part of the trip would be in Italy where the worst of it is...

Scottmel- just a warning. I went late may/early June to Italy. It was still hot! 95-triple digits. Just FYI

Last edited:
Scottmel- just a warning. I went late may/early June to Italy. It was still hot! 95-tripke digits. Just FYI

Oh geez!! Ok thanks! I am rationalizing in my head that I will only be sweltering PART of the trip since Italy is only 3 days or so....Were you miserable? Is there AC relief in the hotels and stores? I love a COLD house and my fear is these places control the air temps and won't let it below 70! THANKS!

General advice for European hotels, do not count on AC being the same as in the US. Even when a hotel says it has AC, it doesnt mean the same thing here. Best to Google the differences to be well prepared.

For us 70 degrees is way too cold ;)

I would check weather.com for average temperatures. Normally May is about 65-75 degrees for Rome, but exceptions can happen anytime. It can be higher or lower. Low average for Rome is 65. It happens.

Oh geez!! Ok thanks! I am rationalizing in my head that I will only be sweltering PART of the trip since Italy is only 3 days or so....Were you miserable? Is there AC relief in the hotels and stores? I love a COLD house and my fear is these places control the air temps and won't let it below 70! THANKS!

I don't recall being miserable of the heat except outside- but I'm from CA, where 95 can be considered relief from the heat, as it's often triple digits. Does the tour go to Venice? Venice was the worse because the water meant high humidity.

Lots of hotels with AC will only let you go so cold. Even on triple digit days, our CA thermostats are usual set at 78-80. Night, maybe 73-75. The electric bill would be out of control otherwise- AC would run 24/7 if set lower than 70.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter