Thoughts and Prayers Please

My3kiddos

DIS Veteran
My uncle (and aunt) need all the extra thoughts and prayers they can get right now. My uncle is an OTR truck driver (thankfully he was doing team runs) and while on the road he had a stroke early yesterday morning. My aunt went to IN yesterday and he was able to come home but the drs said it would be a long recovery and he wouldn't be able to drive OTR anymore. It has mainly affected his speech and comprehension. My aunt is a recently retired special ed teacher so she has the skills to help him at home and in between rehab sessions. I just feel terrible that this has happened to them (they have no children) and my aunt is trying to show a brave front but I know she is hurt and scared. My uncle won his battle with cancer last year and I pray that he makes it through this.

:hug: Thoughts and prayers for your uncle and your aunt.

Praying his road to recovery will go well.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My 39 year old husband had a major stroke in February '08 on a Saturday morning in front of me and our daughter (8). He was in the hospital for a week straight and then back in a couple of months later for heart surgery.

He still struggles at times with putting his thoughts together and some letters are still hard for him to pronounce. He's a fighter, just like your Uncle. Don't worry - your Uncle will get through this with support and patience from your Aunt.

If your Uncle was released from the hospital that quickly then I'm thinking he had a TIA and not a major stroke...that's a good sign.

Stay Strong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter