Those Just Back From AKL, Please Post

Jalva22

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to add a thread to see what experiences with construction noise are.

IF YOU'RE JUST BACK FROM AKL, please post the following:

1. Dates You Were There
2. Trail You Were On
3. Floor You Were On
4. Room # (If You Remember)
5. Any construction noise you heard

Thanks!

I just wanted to add a thread to see what experiences with construction noise are.

1. Dates You Were There
2. Trail You Were On
3. Floor You Were On

Thanks!

Hi---We just got back. We were there from 4/28 through 5/4. We were on the Kudu Trail on the 2nd floor, Savannah view. We heard no construction noise from our room whatsoever. We did hear some noise while we were at the pool one day, but it was very brief and not bothersome at all. We absolutely LOVED :love: AKL and would definitely stay there again. The CM's were so nice and helpful and would go out of their way to make us happy. If you have any other questions, ask away!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for starting this thread. We are staying at AKL in 2 weeks and are a little worried about the construction.:sad2:

Bump...

We are headed down for our 1 year anniversary next week. I am so worried, but we couldn't get WL. I love AKL, and I am so sad about the construction. We were there last year for our Disney wedding and honeymoon. It was so relaxing and romantic. Anyways, hubbie hates the mods, and the only value left (with AP rates) is AS Sports. :crazy2:

Love to hear about recent experiences!!!

Another bump...we will be going in September...would love to hear feedback about how they are handling keeping the guests "away" from the construction. I know the areas being worked on will change by the time we go...but how is the customer service side of things? Did they work to keep you away for the biggest part of the hassle? Are savannah view rooms still savannah view or can you see an ugly construction site? TIA!!

1. Dates You Were There: 4/29-5/5

2. Trail You Were On: Kudu Trail, facing Arusha Savannah

3. Floor You Were On: 5th

4. Room # (If You Remember): 5239

5. Any construction noise you heard: Only time we heard construction noise was the day we walked down the hallways on Zebra trail to look out on the other savannahs. We walked down floors 3 and 4 and DEFINITELY heard a lot of drilling going on. We never heard any construction from Kudu trail or the pool area though.

1. Dates You Were There: 5/13-5/17

2. Trail You Were On: Kudu Trail

3. Floor You Were On: 2nd

4. Room # (If You Remember): 2309

5. Any construction noise you heard: We did not hear or see ANY construction the entire time we were there. We spent two afternoons at the pool and we heard nothing. This was our first time at AKL and we had an AMAZING time!!!!! The savannah view was definitely worth it and I could hardly drag my 5 year old out of the room! We loved the 2nd floor, it was a wonderful level to watch the animals.:goodvibes

1. Dates You Were There: 5/13-5/19

2. Trail You Were On: Kudu Trail (free upgrade from standard room btw)
CM told us it was only a "partial savannah view", but there were plenty of giraffes and ostriches around.

3. Floor You Were On: 4th

4. Room # (If You Remember): 4371

5. Any construction noise you heard: None whatsoever in the room, day or night.
One afternoon we heard some noise from above as we passed thru the lobby, a little loud, but nothing disruptive. Another afternoon we heard some distant noise while we were at the pool, but I'm not even sure if it was construction or landscapers using leaf blowers.

Bottom line, the construction was a non-issue. Our stay was magical.

I will be there Sept 22-27 and have thought of switching to WL several times so it is great to hear some good reports, I have already put in a request for a lower floor away from the construction... we have a 2 year old that naps a couple hours a day so the noise would kill us!!!

Heather

1. Dates You Were There
2. Trail You Were On
3. Floor You Were On

Thanks!

1. 5/17-22
2. Kudu Trail
3. Fourth floor
4. 4328
5. I heard it outside on the balcony a few times because I was right near the end of the trail where they are constructing new pens for the animals. Never heard anything in my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter