Those 2 Gals from Ohio take California by Storm! - Part II

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by Marla Hellwig, Sep 23, 2001.

  1. Marla Hellwig

    Marla Hellwig I'm not lost, it's called creative exploring

    Mar 25, 2000
    CAST: Marla - mom, trip planner
    Kara - DD, 10 - loves any things that moves!

    SUPPORTING CAST: TheLionKing - aka Dave
    Tink 33 - aka Lesley
    Milo and Lora - aka Mrs. Milo
    Lesley's family - DH - Tim, DS - Tyler, DD - Lilly
    Aunt Joe and Uncle Bob

    WHEN: August 17 - August 26, 2001


    We left off just obtaining our Fast Pass for Splash Mountain.

    By this time, the sun was really beating down on me, and Dave graciously offered me his "prized" Laker’s hat until I found a replacement hat. After Dave and Kara returned with those prized Splash Mountain Fast Passes, we were off to Main Street to see if we could get picked for the parade. We arrived too late, but found a spot to crash and I made a trip to the locker and filed my claim with Lost and Found and then to look for a replacement hat. Found one at last and a couple of another purchases. Met up with the rest of the merry band and watched the parade. Dave and I shared a good laugh when Terk came by with her pink bows in her hair. Contrary to popular belief by a "certain person", I didn't have anything to do with the PINK BOWS!!!

    At some point, we rode the complete circle on the train. I know we got off, but where I just don’t remember. It was approaching our time to meet up with everyone at Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Resort. We got in line for the monorail at the Tomorrowland station, but we got out when the line wasn’t moving. We walked from Tomorrowland to the resort. I will be honest here and will admit that my feet were really yelling and screaming at me by now. I just ambled along keeping Kara and Dave in my sight.

    Upon reaching Goofy’s, we met up again with Milo and Lora. Alas, once again, we didn’t connect up with Melissa - I am truly sorry about the time mix up’s Melissa. Next Time!

    The Milo’s treated us to diner - Thanks! Goofy’s Kitchen is a buffet with characters. We weren’t offered to have our picture taken with one of the chipmunks, but in all honestly, I was glad. We were seated at a nice large table so we kinda of spread out and our waiter was jolly on the spot to take our drink orders. The food was great. They had just about everything available including lamb. I was looking at the prime rib hoping for an end piece, the cast member behind the counter was nice enough to go "cook" me one. Yummy, and mashed potatoes, I was in heaven.

    We were visited by Esmeralda, Snow White, and Pluto. Goofy doesn’t visit the tables, but roams the whole restaurant. Also Rafiki made an appearance. At one point Rafiki and Goofy were wrestling and Rafiki had a choke hold on poor Goofy. Here is where I got swirled by Milo in person. Man, can he swirl a girl. I was quite woozy after that.

    Time for dessert, they were good too. We started to leave and were standing in the lobby saying good night and good bye to the Milo’s who were leaving us to retire for the night. Dale snuck up behind Kara and goosed her. She jumped straight up in the air! We all were laughing and it was a fun way to end the evening. But wait, the merry band of 3 weren’t quite done yet.

    We took the monorail back into the park, noticing the large crowds, and long wait times. We found a spot right on Main Street to watch for Tinkerbell and the "Believe . . . There’s Magic in the Stars" Fireworks and they were Spectacular!!!!

    After the fireworks, we waited for the crowds to disperse a little and then we waded up stream like fish through the crowds heading for Fantasmic to have our ride on Splash Mountain. And no, we DID NOT follow Glo’s ride instructions! We were all good. We stopped to laugh at our picture and then went to see the Country Bears. It was closed for the night. We then came upon the Haunted Mansion, which is another all time favorite for me. After the Indiana Jones incident earlier, there was no way I was going to even ask Kara to ride. Dave first offered to sit with her while I rode. Kara replied that she would rather ride the Jungle Cruise again, so her and Dave went off to experience that, while I enjoyed my ride with 999 friendly ghosts by my self. We met up at the Jungle Cruise exit and decided to leave the park while everyone was still watching the second show of Fantasmic!

    A very quick stop at the lockers and out the gate we went. Dave had offered to drive us back to my aunt and uncles, which I accepted. And I didn’t even get him lost - well - not too much - but hey the missing street sign wasn't my fault!

    My aunt and uncle were asleep, so I hustled Kara off to bed waving night to our nice "driver". I was soon to follow after plugging in the video camera to recharge its batteries. We have another day of adventures in the morning!

    Stayed tuned for Part III :D
  2. snuggles

    snuggles <font color=blue>A good day with short lines...wha

    Aug 18, 1999
    I think Disney should come up with something to help those of us who suffer from the dreaded sore feet syndrome. Imagine the money that would make!!! Aren't the Milos just the nicest people. We spent a little time with them in May and enjoyed it so much!
  3. minniecarousel

    minniecarousel Chris Isaak fan

    Jul 13, 2000
    Thanks for taking the time to do trip reports - much appreciated!

Share This Page