This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 8/13 with bonus chapter)

Captain_Oblivious

DIS Dad #257
Hoping to apply this tip at some point in my life.
I hope you get to do so!

I just use a pass for that.

:rolleyes1
Yes, yes, we know. Not everyone is born with a horseshoe up their butt.

What was?
I think the hardest hike we have done so far was in Utah: the hike to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. It was 1.5 miles one way, and basically straight up. Plus it was hot and I had 30 lbs. of baby on my back.

As far as the "worst" hike goes...I'd have to think about it. I've tried hard to make sure that whenever we hike, there's a payoff at the end. The worst hikes were probably some of the ones from my childhood, where we often walked in heat and mosquitoes for hours just to see trees.

Much better bargain.
I wonder if they have to charge that much... for overhead/maintenance/etc... or just because they can.
Probably a bit of both, weighted toward the latter. I'm sure it's harder to get supplies, etc. to a remote location. But mostly I would suspect the law of supply and demand at play.

Fun fact:
My grandfather was one of the patients at the Awahnee during the time it was used as a Naval hospital after his ship was torpedoed. Been there a couple of times and was blown away at the artistry. LOVE the mission style used!
Wow, that's cool! Was your grandfather seriously hurt?

Brutal!

Trying to get as many threads read as possible before a heavy work week coming up. The photos are lovely and I reallly enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for the great read, Mark!
Thanks for sticking with me!

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
Yes, yes, we know. Not everyone is born with a horseshoe up their butt.
I have a very bad feeling that it's gonna come back and bite me someday.
"I waited over 3 hours for a bus!"
I think the hardest hike we have done so far was in Utah: the hike to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. It was 1.5 miles one way, and basically straight up. Plus it was hot and I had 30 lbs. of baby on my back.
I remember that one. I went and double checked and... ::yes::
As far as the "worst" hike goes...I'd have to think about it. I've tried hard to make sure that whenever we hike, there's a payoff at the end. The worst hikes were probably some of the ones from my childhood, where we often walked in heat and mosquitoes for hours just to see trees.
Well, there's your problem. You were supposed to see the forest.

Captain_Oblivious

DIS Dad #257
I have a very bad feeling that it's gonna come back and bite me someday.
"I waited over 3 hours for a bus!"
And we will all be laughing at sympathizing with you.

I remember that one. I went and double checked and... ::yes::
I would do it again, though. Without hesitation. The payoff at the end was worth it.

Well, there's your problem. You were supposed to see the forest.
:rotfl:

I think it was mostly concussion and some broken bones and hypothermia. I don't know for sure (but will ask my mom) but he was there a month? Not sure....
A month? Yeah, I'd say that was serious.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News