This time our son is coming too! Final update at last!

declansdad

DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada
Hey all!

We just hit the 100 day mark :banana::banana::banana::banana: so time to start a pre-trip report.

The crew:
Me (college instructor/volleyball coach)
38.jpg

dw - pooksma (sorry I'm not allowed to post pictures, it's like a hidden MeMom thing)

ds - Declan (8)
Bubble1.jpg

and a family of newbies - MomNewbie, DadNewbie, and two little Princesses.

It seems we are one person short of a Grand Gathering.

For those of you who don't know us, I should explain the title. This will be our 5th trip to WDW for pooksma and me but only the fourth ds (Declan). You see last year we were bad parents and went without him :). We hadn't really been away without him so we thought it was time for a mom and dad trip only. To this day, he doesn't know we went. We told him we were going to New England while he was at camp. It wasn't a total lie; we did drive to Bangor and fly from there. :rotfl2:

This year's edition will take place between August 9th to 18th and we will be staying at POFQ. We have never stayed there before and are looking forward to a new resort. Pop is still my favourite but you need to try as many resorts as possible. We were suppose to stay there last summer but switched to CBR when a new deal was released.

We will also be traveling with another family for the first time. They are newbies and have left many of the decisions to us. No pressure! They have two young daughters who are huge fans of the Princesses. They are going to have a blast!

It is going to be a busy summer. Pooksma and the mother of our newbie family are attending a conference in Memphis in mid July (some kind of teacher thing). Declan will be attending a couple of camps, and I have coaching duties all summer with our Canada Games team. Our WDW trip comes right in the middle for me but it will be a nice break.

We are just waiting for the August hours to be released to set our ADRs; hopefully, that will be done later today.

Stay tuned for more.

Trip Report Links

Day 1 - Arrival Day

Day 2 Part 1 - Ohanas and MK
Day 2 - more pictures
Day 2 - the final chapter
Day 3 part 1 - The morning at DHS
Day 3 - more DHS
Day 3 - WCC and MK
Day 4 - AK
Day 4 - AK Part 2
Day 4 - Illuminations
Day 5 Part 1- Fishing and EPCOT
Day 5 part 2- Fantasmic
Suprise - Day 6

Start of Day 7 - MK before opening

More Day 7 - Still at MK

End of Day 7

The final days

Looking forward to this report. I followed along on your other reports, though I did not post much.:blush:

I'm here and excited Declan gets to go this time. We aren't going to miss each other by much this year. We only have 85 days until we leave.

Sign me up to read about all the fun. You will love POFQ, it is my favorite moderate. Don't forget to try the Beignets.

I know I got beat by a few others, my own daughter included, but at least I think I made page one! :cool1:

I'm so glad we can talk about this trip out loud, since there's not a secret involved!

Ma's too cute to hide, so she has to come on out and be seen.

Can't wait to hear all about your plans, follow along on the wait, and then enjoy it all with you when the new school year starts!

I'm here to follow along. We won't be going this year, so we'll live vicariously through yours and memom's trips! We'll be back next year, Lord willing!!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to this report. I followed along on your other reports, though I did not post much.:blush:

I'm here and excited Declan gets to go this time. We aren't going to miss each other by much this year. We only have 85 days until we leave.

Sign me up to read about all the fun. You will love POFQ, it is my favorite moderate. Don't forget to try the Beignets.

I know I got beat by a few others, my own daughter included, but at least I think I made page one! :cool1:

I'm so glad we can talk about this trip out loud, since there's not a secret involved!

Ma's too cute to hide, so she has to come on out and be seen.

Can't wait to hear all about your plans, follow along on the wait, and then enjoy it all with you when the new school year starts!

Welcome one and all! For being the first to post, you all win the grand prize... a NEW CAR!!!!. (Contest not valid in continental North America or on May 1, 2009)

I agree with the too cute comment but I know what I can and can't do. ;)

I'm here to follow along. We won't be going this year, so we'll live vicariously through yours and memom's trips! We'll be back next year, Lord willing!!! :thumbsup2

We'll try to keep you entertained and up-to-date. Maybe even a ride on POTC in your honour.

Hoory for the 100 day mark! :cool1:

I'm on board and can't wait to read all about your plans.

Morning all.

I hope everyone is getting ready for a great weekend. It is kind of damp here but the sun dos peek out every now and again.

We're still waiting for Disney to post their August hours. :mad: What is wrong with them? Don't they know we have some serious decisions to make. Our ADR restaurants look like this:

Ohanas - breakfast the first morning

Whispering Canyon - dinner, the kids will have a blast and I can see another one of those skillets in my future.

Coral Reef - supper, it is always fun to watch all those fish swim by. No mahi mahi this time tough.

Le Cellier - lunch, we always have to go home for an hour or two.

Crystal Palace - breakfast, hopefully before the park opens. You can get some great pictures without all "those" people getting in the way. ;)

Chef Mickey's - Dinner, a fun character dinner and a prety good buffet to boot.

Rose and Crown - a Declan pick, the boy loves his fish and chips.

Hollywood & Vine - Fantasmic Package we hope.

For our last two, we are trying to decide between Beaches and Cream, Tusker House, or 1900 Park Fair.

Our newbie friends will most likely be doing the Princess Breakfast at Askerhus.

Now we just need those hours!!!!

Later all.

Thanks to all of you who have joined us for another adventure.
As you may or may not know, declansdad :lovestruc:lovestructo take pictures. While I prefer not to be a part of the visual, I do like seeing our memories preserved. Looking forward to sharing this experience with a great friend and her family.

I'm here! Glad Declan gets to go on this trip! Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

Awww, I could have won the car because I live in Canada...but I guess I am too late and missed out....page 2...:sad1:

Just my luck for joining in late.:lmao:

I didn't know you were going to WDW so close to us.
My original plans would have put me there the same time as you.
We could have had a DIS meet at "our home" LeCellier.

I can sympathize with you, I am also waiting for the August hours.
I got up this morning and thought for sure they would be there, no such luck.
I need to make my ADR plans too and they are not helping.
Come on Disney....:wizard:

Your ADR's look great! I hope you get them. :goodvibes

It should be fun going with newbie's, you will be a great help to them I'm sure.

I look forward to some fantastic pics!

I can't wait for Pooksma's pre-trip shopping and packing pics.

I had a lot of fun on the last TR, this one should be fun too! :thumbsup2

I'm here! Glad Declan gets to go on this trip! Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

Glad to have you back. Declan is pretty happy to be going but he still doesn't know about last summer.

Awww, I could have won the car because I live in Canada...but I guess I am too late and missed out....page 2...:sad1:

Just my luck for joining in late.:lmao:

I didn't know you were going to WDW so close to us.
My original plans would have put me there the same time as you.
We could have had a DIS meet at "our home" LeCellier.

I can sympathize with you, I am also waiting for the August hours.
I got up this morning and thought for sure they would be there, no such luck.
I need to make my ADR plans too and they are not helping.
Come on Disney....:wizard:

Your ADR's look great! I hope you get them. :goodvibes

It should be fun going with newbie's, you will be a great help to them I'm sure.

I look forward to some fantastic pics!

I can't wait for Pooksma's pre-trip shopping and packing pics.

I had a lot of fun on the last TR, this one should be fun too! :thumbsup2

The shopping has already started. Too bad we'll miss each other. We never miss a trip to le Cellier.

This is just too cute!!!

Declan liked it. I also have an Andy Wharhol like picture that he thought was quite funny.

Thanks to all of you who have joined us for another adventure.
As you may or may not know, declansdad :lovestruc:lovestructo take pictures. While I prefer not to be a part of the visual, I do like seeing our memories preserved. Looking forward to sharing this experience with a great friend and her family.

I can share some good Disney World hiding places with you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter