This summer's 'live' action The Lion King trailer

Dan Murphy

We are family.

Dialog below quoted from online.

I'm ready for a great movie. Should be a blockbuster for Disney.

Your thoughts?

For many, The Lion King is the movie you think of when you hear the word Disney. The animated masterpiece, released in 1994, now has a live action counterpart.

Naturally, a lot of the animals are CGI — it’s hard to get lions to do exactly what you want, but the trailer still delivers goosebump inducing, sweeping shots that remind you of the movie you grew up with.

As Simba roars, your heart soars, and you’re reminded about the Disney magic that has been with us for all our lives.

The movie features an A-list cast including: Donald Glover, James Earl Jones, Eric Andre, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Seth Rogan, Beyonce, Keegan-Michael Key, and many more.

The movie is set to release on July 19th, 2019.

I didn't care about this movie, until I saw the trailer, and WOW! It looks beautiful! I've said that it's not "live action" but it sure looks like it is.

I had seen a teaser trailer a couple of months ago. Thought it was stunning. Saw a partial trailer on tv last nite, looked even more stunning. Just watched the whole trailer now, and I can't wait. It is time for another blockbuster Disney movie, this might be it!

I really appreciate Disney animation, the remakes don't do much for me.
I've seen a number of the live action remakes. Some were OK. Some were fun, like revisiting old friends. Some were really bad. I really disliked Jungle Book and will probably dislike this one for the same reasons. I don't think animal tales of survival translate well to live action. I'd probably skip this one but my daughter wants to go, so I'll go with her.

Add me to the list of people who traditionally don't like re-makes but are excited about this! I know I'll prefer the original but when I saw the trailer for this yesterday, I was impressed! Hoping for the best.

I read fairly recently that the Lion King was Disney first original storyline. Not sure that’s true or not but thinking back over the years it seems to be. I will go see this, possibly drag my 11 year old boy with me but my 6 year old girl I fear it would be too intense for her.

I can’t wait! It’s one of my favorite Disney movies & currently DS’s favorite! I like that the remakes keep these favorites relevant but also add something new. But, the stampede! I don’t know if I can handle the live action version since the lions look so real. The animated version is sad enough!

I don’t think all the remakes are all equally as good. But, I loved the beauty & the beast live action & expect this one to be similar. On the other hand, I have not been impressed with the Aladdin previews.

Is there music and singing in this one? Is the remake verbatim? I simply adore the first one.....I just don't know what to expect with this new one. It does look beautiful. I wonder if the animals talk, like do their mouths move or is it just voice over?

I definitely will see it... I just feel like it's missing something with the "live-action" animals. I just love the expressiveness of traditional animation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter