This Sparks Joy! A Feb/Mar 2019 Birthday Trip NEW 7/6 x2 THE END of an Amazing Healing Trip!!

Coconut. Why does it have to be coconut???
Because it's GOOD! :flower3:
Steve is smart. I'd be giving him a run for the money in the "how many can you eat" department!
I'll tell him challenge accepted!
I dunno. I like the first two. Especially the 2nd one that looks like you have fireworks Mickey ears on. :)
Haha, that's what I thought too!
What? You're right! It doesn't! Unless you sprint there at rope drop.
Totally! I've never seen it on standby so low, usually you'd have to go to a paid event like After Hours or Early Morning Magic!
Ooo this is tough. My gut is telling me the who says we have to grow up one but I'm really not sure!
:rolleyes1
Yes you did! So good!

Definitely sounds like a day full of little bits of magic :D
Thank you so much! I had a wonderful day!
Aww, so fun!! Hello, DIS Friends!!! :)
Hi Jackie!! :hug:
I would have had a really hard time choosing, too!!! I love the sparkly bottoms. They are all awesome, but I'm thinking you picked We've made the fairytale fashionable again.
I had a really hard time picking. In the end I went with my gut hehe. :rolleyes1
I didn't know they had an actual name, but that's what we've always called them, too. I absolutely love that picture, and of course think of it as a sign :lovestruc
:) I didn't know either! I just found out what they are called. I notice them all the time now! :cloud9:
YUM. That's the only part of this meal I need!!!!
YES!
Oh my goodness you had me so confused. I thought you'd finished this report and I'm following your others but for the life of me couldn't figure out how we'd met up in November of 2019 or January 2020. Gave me some serious brain freeze. And promise I'm only on glass of wine #2 for the evening :earboy2:
It is all my fault for having so many TRs going all at one time and all from various times in the past year and a half! But yeah just go back to drinking wine and pretend that we are there right now!
All those bags are adorable, but my guess is "We've have made the fairytale fashionable again." You're such a fashionable gal, it just makes sense to me.
Aww thank you! That is so sweet! I loved that one. I'll let you know what I picked in my next post!! :)
That sky was beautiful. What a great moment to capture!
It really was! It was one of those "wow" unexpected moments.
I love Ohana. I'm all about the noodles, veggies and potstickers. The meat and shrimp don't do much for me. I hate paying that much for how little meat I eat, but my family loves it.
It seems to be a trend that most people only care about the noodle platter lol. They should just sell that to-go!
Your photo with the fireworks is just lovely! Glad you found the perfect shot.
Thank you!! It took way too many tries and I probably got a few too many stares but it was worth it in the end!

I think Mr. Paul's window seats have one of the most "dreamy" views of anywhere!
I absolutely agree. Great for people watching outside.
I had such a rotten experience there last time, I'm reluctant to try it again. Someday maybe after I scratch off all of the other places I wan to try! ;)
Oh no that sucks you had bad experience. Was it recent? We went there on a him in March and decided to go there after a late evening at DHS as it was the only place open and we had a great meal! I loved the potato wrapped sea bass. Hope you do get to try it again one day!
LOVE that view. Loved the 'old' lobby much better, but this one is nice too.
I like this lobby because there's more to see! Usually you couln't see anyone aside from the big water feature!
Perfect! And I didn't know that that had a name.
I didn't either! It was a really nice sight.
AWESOME!! You did it!
Thankss!!! Finally!!
I ❤ Kate Spade. DH got me the Fairytale one, so I’m curious which one you went with.
:rolleyes1 It was a tough decision!
Bistro de Paris....We ate there once and later in the room I got really sick, not food poisoning, but really bad GERD. I think the food was just way to rich for me.
oh, crazy! But Monsieur Paul seems to agree with you all.
Wow! You must have grabbed the reservation just as someone canceled it.
Yes I totally did! There weren't any even months before.
I'm guessing the first one.....
Oh....would I love one of those right now.
Me Too!
That looks small.
Haha I assure you, we were way too full to eat any more.
The first one?
PHTYD? How do you pronounce that? Like "pht, I don't care."
Yes but with Snow White's Sweet Singing Voice.
Silly. You looked great.
Thanks!

Oh no that sucks you had bad experience. Was it recent? We went there on a him in March and decided to go there after a late evening at DHS as it was the only place open and we had a great meal! I loved the potato wrapped sea bass. Hope you do get to try it again one day!

It was for my Graduation Dinner from Nursing School in Fall of 2016. We waited over an hour to be seated after our ADR time, the service was mediocre at the very best, and the portions were tiny. Every single one of us left hungry and that's saying something from us tiny eaters. I would hope it's better than that now? Just a little nervous to try again.

I like this lobby because there's more to see! Usually you couln't see anyone aside from the big water feature!
Haha, which is why I loved it! I loved the sound of the water and the fact that it was more "nature" than people. ::yes::

For all of you who were wondering what bag I ended up choosing...this was the one I got.

ACtC-3eat92h-eKKEh3o65BKHfJh1CJqHe5uVbpdGNfusLufC4ldrrX3Gdz5CoSaLifbUBmMhQNSXfeU6fzQlrbZz-H0Wuqkcw2NLzeZnLdVxe8SME-FEssZBldxEOlSEGs6Unc2b-Dbz29khkQSaZLgyWpOeA=w600-h800-no

I loved them all and I was very close to getting the Who Says We Have to Grow Up? one as that is kind of my motto, and the black and gold is definitely very me. But I chose this one because the message just really resonated with me on this trip, and I did indeed feel all the pixie dust at Disney! The sparkly pink bottom was very cute and it was a nice pop of color during the winter months. :)

Day 8: Taste of the Magic Kingdom VIP Tour!

Today we woke up at the Poly and took a monorail over for our early morning event:
Taste of the Magic Kingdom VIP Tour!
We were excited to experience it as not much has been written about it at that point in time (I think the tours had only started a few weeks before we attended). We were to meet at Tony's Town Square to check in. We arrived a few mins earlier so I got this pic on Main Street with our Pizza T-shirts. Yes, I had a foodie outfit for a foodie event. 😆

ACtC-3cnLrFp5zwKxTBzU49JcjyTEKLZ4A4t-0oWGg7KD4moa1vSld23zt4USJfC1__VLwhzU8C5dEGbjh8-Q0gvw2Q7zA86T_saFmHfl1CihetBd7cifpw2U0-d0Xr_aYu_f43XRSc6X7o_Ey2eD86n7RkA5g=w446-h669-no
ACtC-3fpGuqN1GWufBQmtK8eyZXvJoOVsA9-cJKojEmGa5v6eDET4OLPGkIA9SHeopt8IdLPErWHi38YHoTLqRj8M97vnf8PcwC1itGVp_EjX87Gjdvy-SUvX3aSrQqjT6nKQacu91J1qj0xfwJLwBUvgHOxyQ=w446-h669-no

When we arrived at Tony's we were given lanyards and were greeted with a spread of coffee, and Mickey Cinnamon rolls! These aren't the Main St. Bakery ones, they are more like danish and were flakier, but still really good to start off the tour on a sweet note!

ACtC-3fDBT41GDkGIEXGr5t5E6Fg6hKQza4WZNYYp1Z2IOmEPn4uQRLBiD7pMAxUwYe8ruevFG9bb3r8NK3LTU9XVjWAH6LLhD7G7Rc6i-HaIRBMI7o2k25CfVDYwdsbY1bSXq7wR-a-fd0PsILu1jfFEszHCA=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3fRa2dudlCScg2xBNUI6U6UY56NeZfySBMP4AfWoO1QrOloi2RDpTAb4K9OqfTERJj28SUXBysdgpO-a-yJyrCXiu65JYGT7nRcq1YwZ-G63yj5iEEfo_E1jvs-9DsqkCgKQC2yqA0YraSLHgG6cp_VuA=w456-h608-no

Our group then made our way outside and we started the tour by going towards...Adventureland!

ACtC-3cO-EFTnFuUAs3jrJzy-5uXM_CEUvI17P6K8ZIL220n62R46wt37AwfQC5WtLy3CkmzcaMgdormnnUh7dfhSfFzzJF-LxQLLLvPLSxsGabqipMNQYBhqMBlXcYx0S1GKCo4oKPbWsT4xv-KizPlifcRQw=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3eoK6WtFfJOFo3FB2eIDACWQFAXqBkrgMJpqrCOPwSoLpTeELK-dy9xlMvglPKr3cKUtQUcTo78eNz6dHY3D7-uGuFvNHq6VBwSxIiz63foE5LIioEr8lyqSeji1ctq_4tfaMDTJ0pRj3Cro37EesWnFQ=w456-h608-no

Our first stop was Skipper Canteen where we were able to visit the kitchen, which handles food for Skippers Canteen, the Diamond Horseshoe, and Club 33. For so many dining rooms, the kitchen seemed a lot smaller than I expected! After the tour we went to one of the Skipper dining rooms. We were given a history and some tidbits about the design of the space. We were offered our first official tasting: Buffalo Chicken spring rolls and a small cup of the Schweitzer Slush: Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls

ACtC-3ensa7FWQyuIF2IU6TY3jKY1Zm87yENZvV-0p_RzSkYYqAPBgXyC14FUvQQDh_QOkbfXCMBlj8RKkOLEuBqkMgOtaKAFxA-2KKlXO0JOq1Kq1PqXZqPz9-XvwbaNa-ZSmM9Ra-hLa2MHjBe9IE78YJzUw=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3cUlexwXJy7onrJq_vuM-1VwAiBPqjCyfj442KRe9Nk4p_D-nFM251Z_3UL0ZG5dVkhSQC9askMS9wbFphqLQPYqoAeizQbFw7bbEzmzP_GDFPCHPbCrscOCnEIYK27RfzwZ28fbFqYgEOXVENbYFGsnQ=w456-h608-no

They were both really good, in fact I had tried the spring roll for the first time a few days before our tour. I liked the cheeseburger ones the best though!

Look at these parrot lights!

ACtC-3ftCpPeGALZ6-yG3_CK3CMZucElOSSOB7AM6DuEl6StL9wvDpGLZf5-zfsxmVZF3cGhKiV6_pxvONr9XO23rKWg4mKYL9aKlTD3tBvj6n8sAypoZKiFm01r37Avi4cHvNgnfol1pdoW667jmCHWFyE53w=w456-h608-no
ACtC-3doj87M8JcEbqgfYwZFexnoHg3exM5ixSAw1QCU4pO8b6tEikjSFYfjpMoXZMZ6hWrxQAkX28AjrGJ_UK3xbb3qceJ0H7j68p_5DSKmVhdeZIDqpVmvENVWy7uVO7oGsvcj56LEHhSHkY6ckTZ7tLeD4g=w456-h608-no

Our next stop was over at the Aloha Isle where we had...yes you guessed it, Dole Whip!

ACtC-3fep_da9u5G227EYQtJNAcT0NMEfcCcLgPFo97HM8pdCXIMg-wgRdk8SFDbEcpUKMY-5xSppt2yxKcFwa7xm_LNsd8FHeOZw4PDXHqMIXefkMNu2Fb7W14wr0EflTGernPGwQ6SLe2LOWUxl6zmIux15A=w456-h608-no

I'll never complain with a taste of the whip and it was nice on such a hot day. Throughout our walking tour, we were given some tidbits of the food served as well as some historic facts, a few metrics, etc. Of course I cannot remember any of what was said now!

At Torguga Tavern we had a taste of Turkey Leg. If you've never had one I think it tastes like smoked ham. It was a nice a savory bite after the sweet Dole Whip.

ACtC-3eaZCub1Gh7kR3qIpp9n6cs1ae91ngya-XMpl-oFUfwZpnO2WTILlfWjBzxxCIs2LreDJZoVl7cbxSgf5FWLp43OMzfXg_4clSIISAKVgbrQDpq8u3g8-PiIIgi0-X7eWHKeveaDA_oOrih0ZCUIHZlyw=w456-h608-no

As we continued walking, someone came by to give us popcorn! Yay! Very excited as it's pretty obvious that I love Disney popcorn!

ACtC-3f0ZjyaC-RCZIAWvqgfLD5f9ijgCKJ79emwIAeLAMvUpzVFF7HYPpBglToTS-Y3XUTLZJW0Bq5xgtnc1BqPwNa0YViMhblejwc1l-Ho9JGiMUVl6V_8LPt-7VRP_6a6rJdFRgYngwM1RlZuj6UNsbwWvw=w456-h607-no
ACtC-3dJQhVXScPzT6y23HGA3jx6MGvuAzvr2EATAW_IcOZILAYOASC-ADEcazkqb-8iyTaugzaJYwuVbbuRt5arEmUSmR3VGpqSYP8dYYIPKXekkMnQtljZDlUF7_3KkKt1pen3hUF32iSsdBGHns4xM8WX8Q=w455-h606-no

We were brought backstage at Beasts Castle and wow it looks so different from the back! Sorry no pics since we were backstage, but we saw "friend of Belle" coming out and walking down the stairs backstage. The best part was when Gaston himself came walking backstage...it was probably right after his meet n greet outside of Gaston's Tavern. He totally stayed in character as he passed us and told us all very loudly and proudly to "revel in all his magnificence and beauty" or something like that, something very Gaston-like. We all had a great laugh and I swear Steve turned into fanboy #1. :rotfl:

After our backstage treat we were given the #1 treat at Be Our Guest...the Grey Stuff!

ACtC-3flTk_g-eRB9c2k8eI0sTQME3b-tmJg9DnKkP6lIHC4vk5mzF2eya7pMLxMY0uI8479oAaxvTDjwumZdiNhlbQE4sBsafXCKKPl4FMlkdzBZOmS_v1lTLQ4iNp6XK-LcwjgTjFNNf_c__Hw3MIYnpremA=w455-h606-no

Yummy!

Out final official treat was this Under the Sea Mermaid Doughnut which was featured at that cart next to Under the Sea with Ariel.

ACtC-3fKi9m8e1Pgj5lNP_RRS7kcyJZU3DZgXhIsD7VSYi_GHIk8AveRQB4BJzoM-ebKOB8DBMjvxQELkcsqxgJNPuWUULv9rgP7nTOnSR7Gh5vdEiGRIS4FeN_j0OAoCGpRbGhpsaWIIxvFXpJliriKbak4kA=w455-h606-no

Everyone got their own doughnut but I did not need a whole one, I would have been happy sharing with Steve. It was too much sweet for me, especially after the Grey Stuff!

We finished our tour over by the Tomorrowland Terrace where we were given one final tasting. There were no pics allowed of this because it was a menu item that was still in development but I can describe it as some sort of summer roll, with veggies and a refreshing dressing, it was actually hard to describe. The item changes all the time as I was talking to someone who did it after and they got something different. You then fill out a little survey with what you thought about the dish. It's smart to be using this tour as a bunch of guinea pigs as us foodies will eat anything! Buahaha.

We also got to take some pictures at the purple wall.

ACtC-3cf6rv_RGr8JarEwxO-8khJDFNWf5kl-tro1vyJXmFQaX9esoteaUZWRHZkH2UrxcYKUFpBXQMC5p9tvvv7480_j81WT4QghNCKS4IOcb6yUBH8K_m9LWC4iGBRaXLRIiAmi_aWc1t6Tizyg05y5C2zAQ=w600-h800-no

And here were our wonderful VIP tour hosts:

ACtC-3c2z_lBDB39TgrwVoSKT-7zUP0n7bIKwzgencnnf92kYnDcKF0CxH7YoikbklbC6yyEE27yC8OnIs0o_w2EMR5id3ijrX9SNjoGB5mPmkOBeVGFPKzhCa-8ULI0NHAP0qI5oxe-b-ZBleB1dUbv_SK1Xw=w492-h655-no

It was a really fun tour, because I like any tours that center around food! But in terms of getting unique eats around MK...it wasn't anything that we've not tried before. Aside from the taste test at the end, all of these items can be found easily. But the point of the tour is to be able to hear interesting information about the parks, visit some backstage areas, and be able to eat little bits of all the goodies in the park. I highly recommend this tour if you like to nibble on stuff while walking around in the parks! I know they switched up the tour since we did it and I think they are offering different items all the time. It would be fun to see how this has changed since it started! Just note that this is a walking tour so wear comfy shoes and it lasts for about 3 hours rain or shine.

We ended our time at MK with a ride on 7DMT!

ACtC-3e1kwyOLXx_RkMBcRCz1s05xq2md8Zf66FBQqeJkPU2BimXvIDafBKusPsqS_TGmYAW82dU1tiyp8id9EKsWg4b3bK3-NNNOFrlZnchaeXduRHS4x-CjaYG-BPmJkc2MfAStsHj6xOXqYzX5CQ1dIMPEg=w438-h655-no

Coming up...dinner at Yachtsman and some time spent at DHS After Hours!

Thanks for the tour review. It is on my try next trip list . I am about tp cancel Sept but have a Dec back up. So maybe then. I hope !

For all of you who were wondering what bag I ended up choosing...this was the one I got.
I was wondering! And I was pretty certain you'd go with this one or Who Says We Have to Grow Up? So I was happy to see that these were your top two :goodvibes

Our first stop was Skipper Canteen where we were able to visit the kitchen, which handles food for Skippers Canteen, the Diamond Horseshoe, and Club 33.
I'm shocked there was one kitchen for all three of those restaurants! :scared1: And even more shocked it was relatively small all things considered. I've gotta sign up for this tour so I can scope it out! :thumbsup2

Very excited as it's pretty obvious that I love Disney popcorn!
No way?! You love Disney popcorn!? :rotfl:

We all had a great laugh and I swear Steve turned into fanboy #1.
No surprise there ;):laughing:

I highly recommend this tour if you like to nibble on stuff while walking around in the parks!
Nibbling on stuff while walking around in the parks is literally my favorite thing to do. :cloud9: Sign me up!

Lots of tasty treats, and I totally agree Disney is genius to offer this and then survey the guests to see what they liked or not!!

I guessed the wrong bag you ended up with, but I definitely love the one you picked. We all need pixie dust in our lives!

That tour looked like fun! Did you feel it was worth it for the price?

While I didn't pick the correct bag, all of them were a great option. Do you use your Disney bags in everyday life? I have a Disney tote that I use for work. It's held up great, but my co-workers make fun of me. I've had to learn to ignore these people.

Looks like a fun tour, but I agree about the snacks being items that are easy to get. Out of all the tours you’ve done, which is your absolute fave? We may add one to our trip next summer.

Awesome! So great to see everyone! And a cute photo :)

Casey and Gwen are not amused by my selfie-taking prowess.

LOL They're obviously too cool for you and your selfies. Nice that they can hang out together during DIS meets. I bet they make great park buddies for each other—they both seem like really sweet spunky kids.

Usually I don't wear things with words on it but these were Disney-related so obviously an exception to the rule.

Obviously! :lmao: These were all really cute

I know I should actually know this because I remember you posting about it, but I can't remember, so I'm gonna guess this one.

I think they call then Fingers of God...well it was just so touching to see them, so bright in front of me, and over the Grand Floridian, where I just was. I'm not really into the whole "it's a sign" thing but I couldn't help but feel happy, that I was blanketed by these rays while in the GF, and it made me a tad emotional, I so I teared up.

So pretty! A beautiful little moment in your day. :)

Yummmmmm

This is a really neat shot! The view from Fantasyland is a nice change of pace

I got one! I got the perfect "gazing into the fireworks" shot!

ACtC-3cZI4B3GvsUl-1oCbbjG3jkYg0ERZGJehoEm9r0hx8AXVlpSqq2Q9notX-Ubow8n4fy3kOgxmkMoLnUPc6XRfgWf40X58AKy20qhgigIj62I4Cf3BAFGlgTxhphEqu1LHYFbhJEnY0kXHjJgeSY7F0Ang=w600-h800-no

Nice!! This turned out lovely!

ACtC-3eat92h-eKKEh3o65BKHfJh1CJqHe5uVbpdGNfusLufC4ldrrX3Gdz5CoSaLifbUBmMhQNSXfeU6fzQlrbZz-H0Wuqkcw2NLzeZnLdVxe8SME-FEssZBldxEOlSEGs6Unc2b-Dbz29khkQSaZLgyWpOeA=w600-h800-no

Yay! I got it!

Today we woke up at the Poly and took a monorail over for our early morning event:

Neat! I remember that you were planning to do this tour. I think it's a neat way for them to give you some behind-the-scenes info and for folks to get a chance to sample a bunch of things without having to buy full servings of everything.

ACtC-3ftCpPeGALZ6-yG3_CK3CMZucElOSSOB7AM6DuEl6StL9wvDpGLZf5-zfsxmVZF3cGhKiV6_pxvONr9XO23rKWg4mKYL9aKlTD3tBvj6n8sAypoZKiFm01r37Avi4cHvNgnfol1pdoW667jmCHWFyE53w=w456-h608-no

Oooh these are so cool! Very pretty.

Our next stop was over at the Aloha Isle where we had...yes you guessed it, Dole Whip!

ACtC-3fep_da9u5G227EYQtJNAcT0NMEfcCcLgPFo97HM8pdCXIMg-wgRdk8SFDbEcpUKMY-5xSppt2yxKcFwa7xm_LNsd8FHeOZw4PDXHqMIXefkMNu2Fb7W14wr0EflTGernPGwQ6SLe2LOWUxl6zmIux15A=w456-h608-no

It's so tiny and cute!!

At Torguga Tavern we had a taste of Turkey Leg. If you've never had one I think it tastes like smoked ham.

Nathan and I would agree with you. Definitely has a smoked ham kinda flavour.

Very excited as it's pretty obvious that I love Disney popcorn!

Me too!!

He totally stayed in character as he passed us and told us all very loudly and proudly to "revel in all his magnificence and beauty" or something like that, something very Gaston-like. We all had a great laugh and I swear Steve turned into fanboy #1.

:rotfl:

The item changes all the time as I was talking to someone who did it after and they got something different. You then fill out a little survey with what you thought about the dish. It's smart to be using this tour as a bunch of guinea pigs as us foodies will eat anything! Buahaha.

LOL! But it's definitely a smart idea on their part to get some guest feedback this way before they try things out with the masses, and also neat for guests to get to sample something that's new and not available yet.

Darn! That was my 2nd choice. :)
We were excited to experience it as not much has been written about it at that point in time
I haven't read anything about it until now.
Pizza T-shirts. Yes, I had a foodie outfit for a foodie event.
::yes::
When we arrived at Tony's we were given lanyards and were greeted with a spread of coffee, and Mickey Cinnamon rolls!
They look like the rolls they have at Kusafiri.
(Which, since I wanted to confirm the spelling, means "To Journey" in Swahili!)
Our first stop was Skipper Canteen where we were able to visit the kitchen, which handles food for Skippers Canteen, the Diamond Horseshoe, and Club 33.
Really! Huh! Surprised about Diamond Horseshoe, though as it looked like an open air kitchen. Maybe that's where they put the cooked ingredients from Skippers together?
After the tour we went to one of the Skipper dining rooms. We were given a history and some tidbits about the design of the space.
Cool!
a small cup of the Schweitzer Slush:
I love that. I have it every time I go there. Love those bobo balls.
Pretty! Don't think I saw those before.
Yusss.
At Torguga Tavern we had a taste of Turkey Leg. If you've never had one I think it tastes like smoked ham.
Ah! Doubt I'll ever order one. Just too big.
As we continued walking, someone came by to give us popcorn! Yay! Very excited as it's pretty obvious that I love Disney popcorn!
::yes::
We were brought backstage at Beasts Castle and wow it looks so different from the back!
Also cool. And not surprising it looks different back there.
Gaston himself came walking backstage...it was probably right after his meet n greet outside of Gaston's Tavern. He totally stayed in character as he passed us and told us all very loudly and proudly to "revel in all his magnificence and beauty" or something like that,
:rotfl2:
Cute. I like it. :)
It was too much sweet for me, especially after the Grey Stuff!
Can see that. You've had a lot of sweet on this tour.
We finished our tour over by the Tomorrowland Terrace where we were given one final tasting. There were no pics allowed of this because it was a menu item that was still in development but I can describe it as some sort of summer roll, with veggies and a refreshing dressing, it was actually hard to describe. The item changes all the time as I was talking to someone who did it after and they got something different. You then fill out a little survey with what you thought about the dish. It's smart to be using this tour as a bunch of guinea pigs as us foodies will eat anything! Buahaha.
I like that idea. :)
But... did you like how it tasted? What did you say in the survey?
But the point of the tour is to be able to hear interesting information about the parks, visit some backstage areas, and be able to eat little bits of all the goodies in the park.
I think I'd like this tour. :)

Well for some reason it didn't capture my multi-quotes! Weird!

Anyway, the tour looked great, but I'd love to have more things that were a little more unique. But as you say, it'd be fun to do the tour just to hear the park trivia and stuff.

I love how instead of PAYING a research and survey company, they put the ultimate spin on it and CHARGE/profit for getting their information for research and dev. LOLOLOL! Leave it to Disney.

We had talked about doing this, but weren't sure about accessibility and where to fit it into our plans.

When we arrived at Tony's we were given lanyards and were greeted with a spread of coffee, and Mickey Cinnamon rolls! These aren't the Main St. Bakery ones, they are more like danish and were flakier, but still really good to start off the tour on a sweet note!

Those definitely look like the Kusafiri cinnamon rolls. I like the doughier ones better. At the beginning of all this, Fran sent me the recipe for the Main Street Cinnamon rolls. They're a lot of work and time consuming, with the rising and all. But I still want to find time to make them.

We were given a history and some tidbits about the design of the space. We were offered our first official tasting: Buffalo Chicken spring rolls and a small cup of the Schweitzer Slush: Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls

I'd eat a Buffalo chicken spring roll, but I'm not a big fan of mixing up the egg roll flavors. Other food are fine, but for some reason when I bite into an egg roll I want to taste what I'm expecting. I know I'm weird like that.

And now I want an egg roll. 🥟 I couldn't find an egg roll emoji so I had to settle for a potsticker.

Cute! I'd like to eat here, but Fran has deemed it "weird". I think she saw the shrimp dish they had when they opened. She doesn't like head on shrimp. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Tiffins.

Well of course!

You know thats actually a perfect portion. I'll never order one because a) the leg is my least favorite part of the turkey. I give that meat to the cats. b) Its a huge portion and there is no way I could eat that much.

These portions are just perfect! I cant eat that much, so these little tastes are fun!

After our backstage treat we were given the #1 treat at Be Our Guest...the Grey Stuff!

Yummy!

Out final official treat was this Under the Sea Mermaid Doughnut which was featured at that cart next to Under the Sea with Ariel.

Thats very cute.

Everyone got their own doughnut but I did not need a whole one, I would have been happy sharing with Steve. It was too much sweet for me, especially after the Grey Stuff!

We would probably eat one and put the other in Fran's basket for later.

Just note that this is a walking tour so wear comfy shoes and it lasts for about 3 hours rain or shine.

Did you notice if everywhere you went was scooter accessible? A lot of areas backstage at DL are not, but since MK was built after the ADA Act was passed it might be.

We ended our time at MK with a ride on 7DMT!

Nice way to finish the tour!

Thanks for the tour review. It is on my try next trip list . I am about tp cancel Sept but have a Dec back up. So maybe then. I hope !
I really hope they bring back the tours soon! I still have to do Keys to the Kingdom!
I was wondering! And I was pretty certain you'd go with this one or Who Says We Have to Grow Up? So I was happy to see that these were your top two :goodvibes
Oh man I wanted them all they were all so representative of me, LOL. I may get a couple of tote bags with some of the other sayings made!
I'm shocked there was one kitchen for all three of those restaurants! :scared1: And even more shocked it was relatively small all things considered. I've gotta sign up for this tour so I can scope it out! :thumbsup2
It was very interesting! I think you'd really enjoy this tour!
No way?! You love Disney popcorn!? :rotfl:
I know, shocking! 😆
Nibbling on stuff while walking around in the parks is literally my favorite thing to do. :cloud9: Sign me up!
Exactly!! My kind of tour!
Lots of tasty treats, and I totally agree Disney is genius to offer this and then survey the guests to see what they liked or not!!
Disney would never waste using a perfectly good human as a guinea pig! :rotfl:
I guessed the wrong bag you ended up with, but I definitely love the one you picked. We all need pixie dust in our lives!
I would have bought them all if I could, LOL!
That tour looked like fun! Did you feel it was worth it for the price?
I did! Even though it's stuff that wasn't really new to us, it was just a really fun thing to do and I love tours where I can eat!
While I didn't pick the correct bag, all of them were a great option. Do you use your Disney bags in everyday life? I have a Disney tote that I use for work. It's held up great, but my co-workers make fun of me. I've had to learn to ignore these people.
Oh I use them all the time. I think people at work just expect it, LOL. I use my Coach Star Wars totes and my Winnie the Pooh Dooney as work bags!
Looks like a fun tour, but I agree about the snacks being items that are easy to get. Out of all the tours you’ve done, which is your absolute fave? We may add one to our trip next summer.
I've honestly not really done many tours at all, aside from the VIP tour! If you can afford it, especially with a group of people, then the VIP tour is the way to go! I've done the Behind the Seeds which was fun, and this foodie one. I wish I could have done more, since now they aren't even offering tours for the time being! I am definitely going to do Keys to the Kingdom one day!
Who knows when this will be offered again, but count me in. I think this is something Joe and I would really like.
I think the both of you would love it!! It was really fun and I liked being able to eat throughout the tour!

I am all for a foodie tour. Sounds fun!
It's definitely a fun event and I like any time that I can eat on a tour!
Awesome! So great to see everyone! And a cute photo
It was really nice to see everyone!! It was a nice little epic trip preview!
LOL They're obviously too cool for you and your selfies. Nice that they can hang out together during DIS meets. I bet they make great park buddies for each other—they both seem like really sweet spunky kids.
They are really cute together, all three of them!
I know I should actually know this because I remember you posting about it, but I can't remember, so I'm gonna guess this one.
Ding ding ding! Correct!!
So pretty! A beautiful little moment in your day. :)
It really was ! :cloud9:
This is a really neat shot! The view from Fantasyland is a nice change of pace
It is! It's much less crowded too!
Nice!! This turned out lovely!
Thank you! After 376 selfies, I finally got one!
Neat! I remember that you were planning to do this tour. I think it's a neat way for them to give you some behind-the-scenes info and for folks to get a chance to sample a bunch of things without having to buy full servings of everything.
It was really fun to have little tidbits of all the yummy park food in one go and learn a little history while at it!
It's so tiny and cute!!
It was so cute! Of course I could have used more!
Nathan and I would agree with you. Definitely has a smoked ham kinda flavour.
I was surprised when I first had one! But I like it!
LOL! But it's definitely a smart idea on their part to get some guest feedback this way before they try things out with the masses, and also neat for guests to get to sample something that's new and not available yet.
Definitely! I was glad to be a Disney guinea pig!
Darn! That was my 2nd choice. :)
I would have bought all of them!
I haven't read anything about it until now.
Oh, haha guess it's not that popular?
They look like the rolls they have at Kusafiri.
(Which, since I wanted to confirm the spelling, means "To Journey" in Swahili!)
Yes they are like those!
Really! Huh! Surprised about Diamond Horseshoe, though as it looked like an open air kitchen. Maybe that's where they put the cooked ingredients from Skippers together?
I have no idea! I haven't been inside Diamond Horseshoe since I was a kid!
I love that. I have it every time I go there. Love those bobo balls.
Good stuff!
Ah! Doubt I'll ever order one. Just too big.
Yes they are very big
Cute. I like it.
It's your sort of doughnut!
Can see that. You've had a lot of sweet on this tour.
Yes, for sure!
I like that idea. :)
But... did you like how it tasted? What did you say in the survey?
I think I said I liked it and that it was refreshing but hard to eat unless you were sitting down.
I think I'd like this tour. :)
It's hard not to like!

Oh, haha guess it's not that popular?
Betting it is now! (or will be once things go back to normal... assuming there will be a normal again.)
I have no idea! I haven't been inside Diamond Horseshoe since I was a kid!
I posted some photos a while ago.
It's your sort of doughnut!
Yes it is! :laughing:
I think I said I liked it and that it was refreshing but hard to eat unless you were sitting down.
Because it's lower to the ground of course.

Well for some reason it didn't capture my multi-quotes! Weird!
It does that sometimes.
Anyway, the tour looked great, but I'd love to have more things that were a little more unique. But as you say, it'd be fun to do the tour just to hear the park trivia and stuff.
Yeah I wasn't sure what they could give us that we haven't tried before but it was nice to just get a bite of everything without getting the full portion. For that reason alone I think the tour was worth it!
I love how instead of PAYING a research and survey company, they put the ultimate spin on it and CHARGE/profit for getting their information for research and dev. LOLOLOL! Leave it to Disney.
Haha of course, we are the guinea pigs but we have to pay to be guinea pigs hahaha.
We had talked about doing this, but weren't sure about accessibility and where to fit it into our plans.
I hope they continue to have this when they bring back tours. I heard they changed up some of the food offerings so it would be fun to try again one day.
Those definitely look like the Kusafiri cinnamon rolls. I like the doughier ones better. At the beginning of all this, Fran sent me the recipe for the Main Street Cinnamon rolls. They're a lot of work and time consuming, with the rising and all. But I still want to find time to make them.
I know, me too! I want to try and make them as well but it does look very involved. These were definitely the kusafari ones.
I'd eat a Buffalo chicken spring roll, but I'm not a big fan of mixing up the egg roll flavors. Other food are fine, but for some reason when I bite into an egg roll I want to taste what I'm expecting. I know I'm weird like that.
Haha, I know what you mean, I get that way about certain things too. But I like cheeseburgers but not so much the bun so the stuffing in the thin wrapper was quite good to me. I def preferred that to the buffalo chicken.
And now I want an egg roll. 🥟 I couldn't find an egg roll emoji so I had to settle for a potsticker.
LOL good substitute!
Cute! I'd like to eat here, but Fran has deemed it "weird". I think she saw the shrimp dish they had when they opened. She doesn't like head on shrimp. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Tiffins.
They both had the head on shrimp. We've tried both and of course the Tiffins one was better. But I am not sure I've seen it on the menu the last few times we've been there. I actually like shrimp with the shells and head when they are cooked because I find them less rubbery that way. Asian people tend to suck the heads on the shrimp for that extra flavor...it's kinda like the bone marrow of the sea, if you will.
You know thats actually a perfect portion. I'll never order one because a) the leg is my least favorite part of the turkey. I give that meat to the cats. b) Its a huge portion and there is no way I could eat that much.
It was really nice to have little tastes just so you didn't have to get the full portion. I like variety in my meals so this was great to just have the bites and not to have the full turkey leg.
These portions are just perfect! I cant eat that much, so these little tastes are fun!
Exactly!
We would probably eat one and put the other in Fran's basket for later.
I wish we could do that but we didn't have anyplace to store it! It would have melted in Steve's backpack.
Did you notice if everywhere you went was scooter accessible? A lot of areas backstage at DL are not, but since MK was built after the ADA Act was passed it might be.
Actually, yes, we didn't take any stairs if I remember correctly. The kitchen and backstage areas were all on the same level as the parks. However when you go backstage at Beast's Castle, it actually went a few levels down which was really cool to see. The only thing I can see an issue with is the narrow kitchens but you can always inquire about that.
Nice way to finish the tour!
One of my favorites!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter