This seems too simple for cancelling, am I right?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I want to cancel two short March trips, and add a longer Dec trip. Some points were from 2020, I´m assuming since I have banked points in the mix, and the rest are 2021. There can´t be any 2019 points, right? That´s where my confusion lies. Trying to understand the page of my point transactions is crazy.
Can I simply go and cancel the trips and have all the points available for the Dec trip? It seems like cancelling the two short strips, getting the points back and then making the longer trip would be the easiest. There is availability. I have a Feb use year if that matters. If I do mess everything up will MS be able to fix it? I´m afraid I might do something that is permanent. I tried calling them now, but they are having issues down there.

Since you have a Feb UY, then you can not have any banked 2019 points as part of Match trips as those would expired January 31st, 2021.

So, you had to have used banked 2020 and 2021 UY points...if you cancel, those points would all be eligible to use for a December trip as both March 2021 and December 2021 fall in your February 2021 UY..which means the same status Of points can be used for the trips.

ETA. You can also cancel one and then just modify the other to the new dates.

Since you have a Feb UY, then you can not have any banked 2019 points as part of Match trips as those would expired January 31st, 2021.

So, you had to have used banked 2020 and 2021 UY points...if you cancel, those points would all be eligible to use for a December trip as both March 2021 and December 2021 fall in your February 2021 UY..which means the same status Of points can be used for the trips.

ETA. You can also cancel one and then just modify the other to the new dates.

Thanks, I knew you would be able to help. I´m off to the DVC page now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts