this may be a dumb question

disneydreamin247

DIS Veteran
But I am a newbie with travel agents and such because I usually book my own ressies. I used a TA to book my trip to the Poly and she said I wouldn't be able to see my ressie on the Disney site, which I am inclined to believe. However if I call the Poly will my name be in their system? Thanks for all your help. I am very leery of people these days! I am sure she is legitimate as I found her through the site of ever popular Poly loving guy we all know and love, but again I find it hard to trust people.

The poly wont see your ressie til about 4 to 5 days before you check in.
I would ask her to forward a copy of your reservation to you.

She did tell me she would send me a copy of everything as soon as she received my deposit (which I dropped in the mail today). I'm sure everything is fine, I am just a worrier lol

I don't think that you will be able to ever call and confirm with Disney. I don't think that we are ever able to with AAA. That is the only part that I don't like about it.

I don't think that you will be able to ever call and confirm with Disney. I don't think that we are ever able to with AAA. That is the only part that I don't like about it.

I like being able to talk to Disney directly. I'm sure everything is fine though.

Once you receive your Disney confirmation number you can call Disney to confirm it. They won't give you details or make changes though.

That's exactly why I've found it impossible to use AAA or any other travel agent. I really like being able to call Disney to confirm and make changes on my reservation.

If you make reservations through a travel agent, can you still access it on the Disney website?

First I would call the Disney Reservation Center and make my own reservations. I would predict that you can get a better deal that way. You can go for room only reservation, or for the package. After I did this, I would dump my TA. Not needed in todays world. With the internet, you can make your own reservations, and package the deal to fit your needs.:thumbsup2

But if you want the DDP and the AAA discount, the only way to do it is through an AAA agent.

My AAA agent sent me a comfirmation letter. It included my confirmation number (which I needed to make Advance Dining Reservations 180 days before my trip-- that was last Friday :) ) It itemized all the things we booked- the dining plan, the type of room, and so on.

Hang in there for a week or two. Then if you're still nervous, call.

But I am a newbie with travel agents and such because I usually book my own ressies. I used a TA to book my trip to the Poly and she said I wouldn't be able to see my ressie on the Disney site, which I am inclined to believe. However if I call the Poly will my name be in their system? Thanks for all your help. I am very leery of people these days! I am sure she is legitimate as I found her through the site of ever popular Poly loving guy we all know and love, but again I find it hard to trust people.

Your TA should give you the confirmation number she got from Disney. Disney's Central Reservation Call Center will be able to see your reservation but if you call to ask questions about it, they will refer you to your TA. If you call the Poly directly to ask questions, they will more than likely transfer you to Central Res, who will then refer you to your TA. Since your TA probably booked this online via the secure Disney Travel Agents site, you will not be able to access it online.

Using a TA isn't for everyone, but coming from someone who loves her job (and I do it full time for a major membership-based organization in a walk-in office, not just a part time hobby), TAs are worth a try even just once to see how you like it!

I'm sure your reservation is just fine. If you feel the need to double and triple check with your TA, you have every right to do so. :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your planning. Have a nice trip!

We use a TA and I'm very happy with her. She's with Small World Vacations. This is the 2nd year we've used her. I'm able to email her all the time and she gets back to me within minutes - and this includes Sunday evenings as well. She also made our ADRs for us and ME reservations.

This is why I use Dreams Unlimited. I have a login #, and I have my very own place on their website. I can see my ressies, make payments, etc.

Advantage? For me the big one is they keep an eye out for codes and discounts. I don't have time to be looking every day, 365 a year. If I have questions, changes...a quick email and a quick response. No phoning, sitting on hold, crossing my fingers for a nice, understanding :) CM.

Great to have someone looking out for me. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!