This -kinda- Bugs Me

XxDisneyFan00xX

DIS Veteran
So, my *friends* were making fun of me because I love Disney so much. It was because I was wearing my disney clothes and jewellery. I'm not complaining, but it was rude what they said. I wish I could escape to WDW right now and relax!!
Question-have you ever been mocked or made fun of for loving WDW so much?

It's happened to me, too! :hug: I'm betting there are quite a few DIS'ers who'd say the same!
I think everyone just needs some pixie dust to lighten up! :tink:
I just tell myself, "if they don't like it - oh well - more magic for me!"

So, my *friends* were making fun of me because I love Disney so much. It was because I was wearing my disney clothes and jewellery. I'm not complaining, but it was rude what they said. I wish I could escape to WDW right now and relax!!
Question-have you ever been mocked or made fun of for loving WDW so much?

only all the time! lol
I wear my amethyst Mickey head earings all the time and my friends at work rip into me all the time about them.
Oh well.

Only every day of my life.

(That's what I get for being a 21 year old living on campus during college, most people just don't understand)

Yes, and this includes being mocked by my DH. He doesn't get it like I do. He has fun when we go but he doesn't like to talk about Disney daily. That's why I come to the DIS.

If they are mocking you, apparently they don't get it. Either they've never been and think it's just for little kids or they're the type who go for a day or two with no advance planning and all they see is the crowds. So basically I put both categories of people in the "too stupid to be my friend" category. :snooty:
Just kidding about that part, of course, but my solution is to spend my time with fellow disney lovers or, if need be, take my closest friends/family to Disney World with me and show them what it's really all about.:wizard:
I can't promise 100% success rate with this system. I took one friend and she loved it, but hasn't really shown much interest in going back. I took another friend and her family and they loved it so much, they bought into the DVC! :love: I took my mom just last week after years of protest, and she's already begging to go back! :yay:
Anyone who talks about going to WDW but refuses to listen to reason with regards to planning is nuts! And like a PP said, if they don't go at all, it's more magic for me!!:thumbsup2

DEFINITELY!!! I'm a nurse... and have a pic of DH and I in wdw infront of the Partner's Statue/ castle hanging in my triage station. You don't know how many times a day I have this SAME conversation mid blood-pressure taking....
Patient: "Is that you and your husband?"
Me: "MMhmmm"
Patient: "Is that Disneyland??" (hehe)
Me: Yeah... well, Disneyworld, actually...
Patient: So, how old are your kids??
Me: Kids? Oh no, we don't have kids...
Patient: You go to Disney World without kids??? Seriously???

Yeah, it gets frustrating. :rolleyes:

Only every day of my life.

(That's what I get for being a 21 year old living on campus during college, most people just don't understand)

Ditto (except 22yo), my friends think it is so weird. They think it is lame that I actually wait for character photos :sad2: I am glad I have DF to share in my passion though! :goodvibes I only recently got him to see the light in Nov when we went together for the first time.

yep, the in-laws don't get our obsession, lol. I have been going since i was a kid and took dh when we were dating and he has been obsessed ever since :lovestruc His parents have never been and don't "get it" and his 2 sister and thir families and brother and his family have been and they don't understand what we see (guess they just don't get that magical feeling we do:love: )
We went twice last year-once in April with our kids and my parents and then we went a second time in June for only 4 day-just dh and I:cloud9: for our 10 year anniversary. His whole family could not understand why we went back to Disney World so soon and alone for our anniversary.:rolleyes: If thye don't get it I can't explain it:sad2: We have tried but they continue to make fun of us and question us:confused3 We just figure we love it and know why we do, it is their loss...

Yes!! All the time, i'm a teenager and whenever i'm in school and i'm excited about an upcoming trip i'll start talking and talking about it until people are annoyed. I can't help it!! That's why i love the DIS. Because i can come here and talk all about Disney and not be afraid to say it. I also hate how everyone always says these immature comments "That's for babies!" they honestly do NOT know how to have fun in Disney if they make such an unnecessary comment. But yes it happens to most of us DISers i guess... i guess we are the only ones who can understand each others obsession.

I think it's one of the reasons that I love the DIS so much. There are so many people who don't get it and for some reason think that it's ok to make fun of you. It was really nice when I found a place full of people who love Disney as much as I do. While most of the people in my life at least respect my love of Disney (even if they don't understand it) There are a few that like to tease. It is so nice knowing that I'm not alone and there are a whole bunch of other people that share my interests.
:hug: Just remember your not alone either.

I'm glad that there are others on here who can relate to what I am talking about...WHOEVER SAYS WDW IS FOR BABIES IS SEVERLY MISTAKEN.

I teach HS math and tell my students about it all the time. a lot of them look at me like i am an idiot they all FAIL of course! (just kidding) but a few of my students have been and they understand it. our band and choir just got back last wednesday from performing at Disney and so many of them now LOVE it too. some of them even pitched in and bought me a Mickey oscar statue from Disney Hollywood Studios. i was so proud of it. it is still on my desk at school. i also had a small group of seniors from last year go for thier senior trip! one of them drove to the school, waited on me for our weightlifting session, just to tell me about his trip and how he couldn't wait to go back and how he wants to stay 2 weeks solid. for the ones who get it, it means so much, and for the ones that don't, well, not much you can do with them. it is their loss. don't let anyone get you down about WDW. it is the only thought that gets me to school some mornings.

You are not alone!!! I get "kidded" about Disney all the time. I'm happy so their comments don't bother me..I just think of them as the ones who are missing out.

I find it funny when somebody gives me a hard time about Disney when returning from their third trip to Vegas in less than a year...everybody has their favorite vacation spot, so I'd rather drop a grand on the Mouse than at the craps table...

For the most part, my friends and family don't say much. One of the guys I play hockey with (try that one some time...Disney World discussion in a hockey locker room :lmao: ) asked me where I was going on vacation this summer and when I said we were going to the Outer Banks he came back with, "They have a Disney World there?" That was pretty funny... :)

Yes, and this includes being mocked by my DH. He doesn't get it like I do. He has fun when we go but he doesn't like to talk about Disney daily. That's why I come to the DIS.

DITTO! My dh loves Disney - but he gets annoyed if I talk about it too much. That is why I come here - or call my sister (My2Angels on here) - to talk to other Disney fanatics! I do plan to eventually bring my hubby around though! ;)

**OT - on the way back from the beach today, dh looks at me and tells me he is ready to go to Disney! I said - "Let's go!" :rotfl: **

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter