This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

YUMMMM!!! Your Le Cellier meal looks mouth-watering ;)

The gardens are so beautiful :)

oh my for the long line in the land! Glad you could still get FPs though!

I love SE and my son loves it even more! On our last trip, it was his favorite ride. We went on it so many times!

Your afraid of butterflies???? I'm afraid of bees ( like everyone else lol) BUT I'm afraid of spiders like you are of butterflies.. even the teeniest and tiniest CREEP ME OUT!!! I itch and get really scared!

I love Le Cellier SO much! I seriously want to make an ADR there for every single day we are in Disney in November, and then just cancel the ones we don't want to go to once the trip gets closer, but that's awful, I could never do that! :rotfl:

The Land was crazy that day, I've never seen so many people in there! Luckily the lines for the FP's machines weren't too bad, but just getting in and getting over there was obnoxious! I wish Soarin had it's own building, like it does in Disneyland!

Aww, SE is so much fun, I'm glad your son likes it! :banana:

I'm terrified of bees! If one comes near me outside, I run away, and if I'm near a person, I hide behind them...it's really pathetic!

I'm not really afraid of spiders, but I know a lot of people who are! I don't like them near me though, they're gross! I don't like any bug, really! Except maybe a firefly!

I have to say, everytime you post about Le Cellier, you make me wanna eat there more and more! I think this is going to be the one place I have to try the next time I visit WDW...that Filet just looks delicious. :love:

Spaceship Earth did seem really hot! I thought I was just too hot to appreciate the A.C. but obviously not since you agree. Epcot needs to crank that cool air in the globe, especially during the part where your vehicle turns backwards...that seemed stuffy.:rolleyes:

Sitting in Epcot, listening to the music, relaxing, sounds wonderful. What a great moment to have on your arrival day. :thumbsup2

OMG yes, you have to go to Le Cellier! I feel like soon, you guys are going to be like "ok, you can skip the Le Cellier portion of your TR's" because I go there so much, everyone must be sick of reading about it! :rotfl:

SE is always warm! It was not a good escape from the heat on this trip, then again, I guess it's not always a billion degrees when I'm in Disney! Even when we were in the coolest buildings, it took me SO long to cool down, it was just so scorching! :sad2:

I love the Epcot music! I could listen to it all day!

HI!
so your bed definitely looked like a King by the angle of the picture...so you had only one queen and a daybed??? i can see how that would be disapointing...I think 2 queens, so we can keep all our luggage on the other bed...that daybed would not hold all our luggage!!

What a yummy lunch you had....Le Cellier is on ly list....I have yet to get a ADR for that place!

I can see what you mean about butterflies....they do look like they have fangs!!

Haha, yeah, I know, the bed does look like a king from the angle of the picture, but it definitely wasn't! :confused3 Huh, I've never thought of putting my luggage on the bed, I usually just unpack everything and hide my luggage in the closet, I don't want to see it until I have to go home! I like to pretend I live in Disney while I'm there! :laughing:

Ohh, I hope you get an ADR for Le Cellier someday, it's just so good! Everyone needs to eat there at least once! (I mean, unless you don't like steak or something, of course! :laughing:)

Brandon always teases me about my fear of butterflies and says things like "ooooh, look at that one, there's still blood dripping from it's fangs, watch out!" He thinks it's ridiculous that I'm afraid of them, but I can't help it!

I currently have a reservation for Le Cellier based on the reviews of several DIS'ers reviews in TR's!! I'm torn between there, Bluezoo, Bistro de Paris, and Via Nappoli... I can choose 2! I'm going during F&W though so not sure how many reservations I really want/need!!

Sorry your room wasn't what you were expecting. I probably would have marched back down to the front desk and offered to wait for a better room to be available that more suited your needs.

Well, I would say definitely keep Le Cellier! :thumbsup2 The only other one I've been to is Via Napoli, and it's really good, but I've also heard that Bistro and Bluezoo are very good too! And you also need room for Food and Wine goodies, you can fill up on those really fast!

I know, I probably should have asked for a better room, I just didn't think of it at the time! I'll have to remember that for next time, if we ever get a room like that again!

Jen- KILLER butterflies??? <--Two words that don't belong together. :lmao:

Anyway...

*cough*I didn't care for Le Cellier when we tried it.*cough* I'm sorry! I want to give it another try, if that helps. I want to get the filet with the mashed potatoes instead of the risotto b/c I just didn't like the risotto and the tables were SO close together! I also am a bit of a filet snob, thanks to my in-laws. 3-4 times a year we all choose a nice steakhouse to have a family dinner at in the city. We've been to Ruth's Chris (my favorite!), the Chop House and Smith & Wollensky. We also went to Ditka's with just the siblings and Greg and I ate in the Signature Room (John Hancock building) after we got engaged. We're going to some restaurant called Firehouse next weekend. I still want to try Cut. I LOVE steak. Can't you tell??? :laughing:

Oh how I wish our dates overlapped! We would have such a fun time together!!

HAHAHA, I know right? :rotfl2: They are, though. Killer butterflies. :)

You should give Le Cellier another try, and definitely get the mashed potatoes instead of the risotto! The risotto is good, but those mashed potatoes melt in your mouth!

Although, maybe I just don't know good steak, I've never been to any of those high end steak places you have mentioned...have you ever heard of Peter Luger in Brooklyn, NY? It's supposed to be amazing, and I really want to go there, but I'm too intimidated! If I ever come to Chicago (which I want to do the next time the Red Sox play the Cubs there!) we should meet up and go to some really nice steak place! :thumbsup2

I know, I wish we were going at the same time too! :( If there was any way I could go for a few days for a solo trip that week, I would, but it's just too expensive! Wahhh!!! And what's even more annoying...before we were going in May, the week your going is the week I was going to book! AND we were going to stay at the POLY! I gave that up to go on 2 cheaper trips! Oh well! Hopefully there will be sometime we're in Disney together again! I definitely want to go for Food and Wine in October next year, so maybe we'll be there together next year!

Joining in :goodvibes

Le Cellier!! So yummy!! I would order the exact same thing and now of course my mouth is watering thinking about the food there! I think my the soup and bread is my favorite...yes over steak :rotfl:

I can't believe you are so scared of butterflies, I dont think I have ever heard someone say that before :rotfl2:

Yay, glad you're here Shannon! :yay:

Haha, I kind of like the soup more than the steak too, and I LOVE the steak! You know, you can find the recipe online, I think I might give it a try someday!

Haha, yep, I know, being afraid of butterflies is strange! They just freak me out! I don't like things that flutter! Or fly in weird patterns! Just fly in a straight line so I know where you're going so I can avoid you!! :rotfl2:

The gardens around Le Cellier are so pretty. Glad you got to enjoy your first meal of the trip there since it's your favorite! :)

Beach Club drama? I'll be waiting....

Yay, glad you're here! :banana:

Haha, well, if it was a king bed that would have been fine, but it was a queen! I like having 2 beds, because if Brandon is snoring too loud, I kick him out and make him sleep in the 2nd bed, away from me! It's bad enough that I have to sleep with earplugs in, but if he's in my face snoring, forget it, I can't sleep! :laughing:

The IG was such a nice way to enter Epcot, I loved walking in and seeing the France pavilion! I did miss the ball, though!

Wait, no king?? What's the point?! Maybe it was an oddly sized room?

I sleep like the dead - especially at Disney! Bear checks to see if I'm alive - so I never have problems with other people being noisy. Sleeping with ear plugs would be the worst, I'd totally pick the best bed then!

I've never been to Le Cellier - Bear asks sometimes for a reservation, but he doesn't like steak (?). So I've always picked other places. It certainly looks tasty, especially the moose! I do love the rest of Canada - so nice and peaceful, but I feel like there's so much empty space! A restaurant and a movie can't possibly take up that entire pavilion.

Spaceship Earth is the perfect first ride - classic Disney. I never realized it doesn't have AC! I think I usually go at night/in cold times and is thus always nice to get inside. I'll have to go check out this supposed lack of AC myself, I guess. :rolleyes1

The gardens around Le Cellier are so pretty. Glad you got to enjoy your first meal of the trip there since it's your favorite! :)

Beach Club drama? I'll be waiting....

Eating at Le Cellier first thing was awesome! In fact, I booked an ADR there for our first meal in November too! Not sure we will keep it, because of Food and Wine, but it's nice to know I have it if I want it! :thumbsup2

Haha, well, it's not so much drama, just a little change, that's all!

Wait, no king?? What's the point?! Maybe it was an oddly sized room?

I sleep like the dead - especially at Disney! Bear checks to see if I'm alive - so I never have problems with other people being noisy. Sleeping with ear plugs would be the worst, I'd totally pick the best bed then!

I've never been to Le Cellier - Bear asks sometimes for a reservation, but he doesn't like steak (?). So I've always picked other places. It certainly looks tasty, especially the moose! I do love the rest of Canada - so nice and peaceful, but I feel like there's so much empty space! A restaurant and a movie can't possibly take up that entire pavilion.

Spaceship Earth is the perfect first ride - classic Disney. I never realized it doesn't have AC! I think I usually go at night/in cold times and is thus always nice to get inside. I'll have to go check out this supposed lack of AC myself, I guess. :rolleyes1

Huh, I don't know, the room seemed like the normal size to me! :confused3 I wish it was a king size bed, I feel like king size beds are big enough for me to shove Brandon far enough away from me when he's snoring so I won't be bothered, and we can still be on the same bed! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I hate sleeping with ear plugs, but it's usually the only way I can sleep next to Brandon. Once in a while, if I'm REALLY tired and he lets me go to sleep first, I can fall asleep and stay asleep without them, but usually I wake up and make him move. I have issues sleeping when any noise is around me! :confused3

Hmm, you should try Le Cellier, even if Bear doesn't like steak, there are other things to get there! I would just go for the pretzel bread, soup, and chocolate mousse, don't even bother with steak if you guys don't like it! :laughing:

I think there is AC in SE, but maybe it's just so big that it's hard to keep it cool in there? It's just always so warm when we go in there, it's weird! It's such a great ride, I'm glad it was our first of the trip! :cool1:

This may sound intrusive but has Brandon ever been tested for Sleep Apnea? Most snoring is from an obstruction in the airway.

My husband has sleep apnea and uses a cpap machine. With the machine he does not snore and the machine just creates a very low volume white noise. unfortunately it also means he cannot sleep without it as his snoring will wake him up without actually resting so it has to go with us when ever we plan to spend the night somewhere.

This may sound intrusive but has Brandon ever been tested for Sleep Apnea? Most snoring is from an obstruction in the airway.

My husband has sleep apnea and uses a cpap machine. With the machine he does not snore and the machine just creates a very low volume white noise. unfortunately it also means he cannot sleep without it as his snoring will wake him up without actually resting so it has to go with us when ever we plan to spend the night somewhere.

No, it's not intrusive at all! He has actually been tested for sleep apnea, he goes to a lung/allergy doctor for his asthma and allergies, and he wanted Brandon to do a sleep study. He went and they told him it didn't seem like he had sleep apnea, but they want to do another study, but apparently it's hard to get insurance to approve 2 sleep studies, so they're waiting to see if he would have to pay for it or not. I guess when he went he only slept for like, an hour because he couldn't get comfortable! I found that strange, because he can fall asleep anywhere, during anything! I'm the one with issues sleeping, not him! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the BC drama!!

Haha, well, maybe I shouldn't have said drama, that might have been too strong of a word, maybe BC annoyances! :rotfl:

Love the fountain pictures! Nice!

That filet looks so good and if my bro and sil don't want the LeCellier ADR I made for them I am snatching it up pronto. No problem!

I agree, it is always a little stuffy in SSE!

Beach Club Drama? Oh No!popcorn::

No, it's not intrusive at all! He has actually been tested for sleep apnea, he goes to a lung/allergy doctor for his asthma and allergies, and he wanted Brandon to do a sleep study. He went and they told him it didn't seem like he had sleep apnea, but they want to do another study, but apparently it's hard to get insurance to approve 2 sleep studies, so they're waiting to see if he would have to pay for it or not. I guess when he went he only slept for like, an hour because he couldn't get comfortable! I found that strange, because he can fall asleep anywhere, during anything! I'm the one with issues sleeping, not him! :laughing:

Haha, well, maybe I shouldn't have said drama, that might have been too strong of a word, maybe BC annoyances! :rotfl:

Thanks for not finding it intrusive! Does he feel tired a lot during the day? Get up to go to the bathroom during the night? Those are signs he isn't getting good rest at night and could have sleep apnea. And yeah, an hour isn't really a good study. Hopefully it will get insurance approval and he can do it again. I'm so thankful my hubby was diagnosed before I ever met him. I cannot sleep with snoring nearby unless like you i fall asleep first!

Thats a good idea about unpacking and putting the luggage out of site! It definitely must make you feel more like your home then having your luggage right in front of you on the other bed...LOL

My Dh snores as well...and I do have some luck if I fall asleep first, but he usually ends up waking me up and I make him go to the other bedroom...lol
poor guy, I feel bad...oh well, LOL
I work at a hospital...we have a sleep study floor with 4 or 5 'rooms'...they are not really hospital rooms..they try to make them look like a 'real' bedroom...but I can't imagine people sleeping well in them...and they wake everyone up at like 4am or 5am, so they can get everyone out by 7am! once I heard that, I'm like...What the Heck???? hopefully, your husband wasn't kicked out that early!

looking forward to the next update!

I've been out of town for a few days, and missed a lot here on the DIS... but I'm now caught up on your TR! :yay:

One of these days I will have to try Le Cellier.

And uh-oh about the BC drama... it sounds like there was already enough of that with the alarm not going off and Brandon forgetting his AP!

I just finished reading your last trip reviews...I love them. I can't wait to hear this one.

Love the fountain pictures! Nice!

That filet looks so good and if my bro and sil don't want the LeCellier ADR I made for them I am snatching it up pronto. No problem!

I agree, it is always a little stuffy in SSE!

Beach Club Drama? Oh No!popcorn::

Thanks! I'm thinking of maybe getting a real camera for my next trip. The only thing holding me back, other than the price, is the lens situation...I don't want to have to keep switching lenses, and don't you need different ones for zooming and low light pics? One of my good friends is a professional photographer so I asked her and she said I could probably get away with just using one, as long as I had the right one, so I told her if I do end up getting a camera, she can just tell me what to get! :rotfl: I mean, I keep going to Disney so much, I think it's time to get a real camera!

That would be nice if you got to take the Le Cellier ADR! :thumbsup2

Yeah, SSE is always a little warm, but this time, since it was SO hot, it seemed extra stuffy in there!

Haha, well no, not drama, just some changes! I shouldn't have been so dramatic about it! :rotfl2:

Thanks for not finding it intrusive! Does he feel tired a lot during the day? Get up to go to the bathroom during the night? Those are signs he isn't getting good rest at night and could have sleep apnea. And yeah, an hour isn't really a good study. Hopefully it will get insurance approval and he can do it again. I'm so thankful my hubby was diagnosed before I ever met him. I cannot sleep with snoring nearby unless like you i fall asleep first!

Yeah, Brandon does feel tired all day, but then again, so do I, neither of us sleep very well! :confused3 Hopefully he will get to go to that study again soon and they can get it all figured out! I'm usually ok with the earplugs, but sometimes I can hear him through those, and I have to kick him out into the other room! :rotfl2:

Thats a good idea about unpacking and putting the luggage out of site! It definitely must make you feel more like your home then having your luggage right in front of you on the other bed...LOL

My Dh snores as well...and I do have some luck if I fall asleep first, but he usually ends up waking me up and I make him go to the other bedroom...lol
poor guy, I feel bad...oh well, LOL
I work at a hospital...we have a sleep study floor with 4 or 5 'rooms'...they are not really hospital rooms..they try to make them look like a 'real' bedroom...but I can't imagine people sleeping well in them...and they wake everyone up at like 4am or 5am, so they can get everyone out by 7am! once I heard that, I'm like...What the Heck???? hopefully, your husband wasn't kicked out that early!

looking forward to the next update!

Haha, yeah, I can't stand seeing my luggage, it reminds me that eventually I have to go home! :lmao:

Yep, that's what happens with Brandon and I, it's awful, I feel bad that he has to go in the other room, but I can't keep waking up 20 times a night when I have to get up at 5:30 for work!

I think he was supposed to stay at that study until 8 am, but he came home at 6 because he couldn't sleep...hopefully next time it will work!

I've been out of town for a few days, and missed a lot here on the DIS... but I'm now caught up on your TR! :yay:

One of these days I will have to try Le Cellier.

And uh-oh about the BC drama... it sounds like there was already enough of that with the alarm not going off and Brandon forgetting his AP!

Yay, glad you're back! I'm behind on a few TR's too, I only have time to catch up on a few each night!

You have to try Le Cellier, it's SO good!

Haha, well, it wasn't so much drama as it was some annoyances that were just adding up and, well, annoying me! I'm going to do my next update in a minute! :thumbsup2

I just finished reading your last trip reviews...I love them. I can't wait to hear this one.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them! :cool1:

The One With the Ruckus

May 5, Part 3

After hanging out at the fountain for a while, we figured we should go back to the Beach Club. We had a 5:05 ADR at Cape May, and we were starting to get really tired from the early flight, so we wanted to shower and rest a little before going to dinner and then back to Epcot.

On the way out, we stopped at Club Cool for a minute

P1020012.jpg

but we didn't stay very long, because it was SO crowded in there!

On our walk back to the International Gateway, we stopped every here and there to admire some of the topiaries and flowers:

P1020014.jpg

P1020016.jpg

I thought Epcot looked extra beautiful this year for the Flower and Garden festival, I mean, I've only been once before, but it just seemed a lot more colorful this time! Maybe I didn't appreciate it as much on our Disneymoon! :confused3

Once we finally made it back to the Beach Club, we were hot, tired, and miserable, and I could not wait to take a shower! So I got in first and felt so much better immediately, I couldn't believe how hot it was that day!

When I got out, Brandon went in, so I tried to take a nap while he was in there, so I could have some peace and quiet for a little while! I don't know why, but he takes the longest showers, so I knew I had at least 30 minutes. I laid on the one nice, soft bed, and closed my eyes...and immediately heard this obnoxious ruckus outside! I got up and went out on to our tiny balcony, and saw CM's on the ground, pulling what seemed to be a million of those huge metal things, clanking them together and making this horrible noise!

I tried to ignore it, and hoped it stopped, but it didn't, it just kept going and going. I was so tired at that point, I was ready to cry, instead, I barged into the bathroom and told Brandon what was happening.

"There are people outside making too much noise and I can't sleep and I hate this room and I want to switch, can we ask if we can switch?"

Brandon, of course, thought I was being dramatic, but when he came out and heard the ruckus (haha, I like the word ruckus!), he agreed that it was really loud, and he knows what a light sleeper I am. He wasn't too thrilled about asking to switch rooms, he doesn't like to complain or cause a fuss, but I told him we weren't really complaining, we were just going to ask nicely, and we would tell them we wouldn't mind even waiting until the next morning to switch if there was nothing available today. It couldn't hurt to ask, right?

Since neither one of us were going to sleep, we figured we should just get ready and go to the lobby to talk to a CM about possibly switching rooms, and then go directly to Cape May. We went down there, and Brandon went up to the desk and talked to someone, while I wandered a little...after a few minutes, he motioned for me to come over, so I did, and I guess the CM Brandon was talking to had the manager come over and help us out. The manager was really, really nice and kept apologizing for the noise, and gave us a new room right away, that we didn't even have to wait for! He said it had a full balcony and he even thought it might have a water view! We thanked him over and over, and he handed us our new KTTW cards, and told us we could go right to our new room!

The only problem was, we had 10 minutes til our Cape May ADR...so we had to run upstairs, pack all of our stuff, go to our new room, and then go back downstairs! :crazy2:

When we got to our new room and opened the door, I screamed a little, it was PERFECT!!! This was the Beach Club room I was hoping for!

P1020017.jpg

P1020018.jpg

P1020020.jpg

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?! I started freaking out about how perfect this room was, and saying "I love it, it's so cozy!!!" Brandon was laughing at me, but I didn't care! It was amazing, I was SO happy!

We didn't have much time, because we had to get back downstairs for Cape May, but I had to check out our view:

P1020022.jpg

P1020023.jpg

A water view!! Sooo pretty!

And of course, our full balcony!

P1020025.jpg

We didn't have any time to get settled or unpack, it was time to get to Cape May! We went back down to the lobby and checked in, we were about 5 minutes late, but we didn't have to wait long until we were seated!

Our server came right over and got our drinks, and we went up to the buffet! There were some new things at the buffet this time, so I had to try a few!

My first plate:

IMG_1189.jpg

Mashed potatoes, penne, and some kind of marinated steak tips that were amazing! I could live on those mashed potatoes and the penne alone, I know you're supposed to go for the seafood, but I'm not a big seafood person, so I love that there are so many other yummy selections here!

My second plate:

IMG_1190.jpg

Haha, see, told you I liked the penne! I also got whatever kind of meat they have at the carving station (which was kind of rare, but good!) and the salmon...OMG, that salmon was probably the best salmon I've ever had in my entire life! Our server told us they just brought it back, I guess they took it off the menu for a while and people complained, because now it's back, and I'm SO glad, it is SO good! I wish I could find the recipe for it, because I would eat it at least once a week! And like I said, I'm not a big seafood person!

Brandon amazingly only had 2 plates this time! He had basically the same as me, but he also had about 100 of those little clams! He loves those things!

We were pretty full, but we made room for a little dessert (no way I can pass up those oreo bonbons!) and then quickly went back to our room to unpack a little, and then it was back to Epcot! :cool1:

Up next...a perfect ending to our first Disney day!

Love the room Jen! So pretty! That's great that they let you switch. I wish I would have thought of that when I stayed at OUR WL :) I thought the pool was just too loud there during my nap time :rotfl:

That steak looked really good! Glad you had a great meal.

Aww, I'm so glad everything worked out with your room! We hate to complain too (well to anyone who should listen anyway, we complain to ourselves all the tiem!) but I'm so glad you said something. Disney always makes it right!

Glad you got to switch rooms, one better to your liking. And what a view!

LOL, I'm not much of a seafood fan, either... but I loved Cape May! Can't wait to go back there in a few months. I'm curious to see what the changes will be once the place is refurbished over the summer.

OMG! You switched your room!! That's AWESOME!! You guys move packed and move fast!

Yeah, I would say that meat was definitely RARE!!

I'm watching the Sox vs Ray game...its not looking good :(

Wow, I'm surprised that Brandon didn't have eight plates this time. :rotfl2:

That sucks about the ruckus (your new favorite word). That always stinks when you want to take a snooze and there's nothing but noise around. At least they were very accommodating and moved you.

Yay for the new room! Sometimes the pixie dust is worth the wait (even if you have to go find the darn stuff yourself, haha! :rotfl2:) pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter