This is what some people are like.

i heart tinkerbell

Earning My Ears
Unbelievable.

Hello. I cannot help to write to you, thinking of all of this is wrong.
Pride. Humility. Do you know what that is?
Pride is who is right. Humility is what is right.
What do you believe in?

From your post, you seem to be on the pride side of more than just an ignorance, and more than just a deep side.

Who are you to seriously think you have the right to preconceive like that and make generalizations. Not only on gays, straights, bi-sexuals. But anyone for that matter. Who are you to say that?

Let me tell who you are. You are a human. Just like those people. If you were joking around, that is not a laughing matter, as I am 14 years old and you are probably , most likely much much older. Do not agree?

Just had to let you know.

Please reply back. I would really would love to hear your views in an open-minded, because I am an open-minded person.Even if you do not. If you consider this, writing back , I just want you to be a little bit- more open -minded. That's beautiful.

I really hope you change this particular view of yours. As with other stereotypes, this problem will not get any better, as the people of that "type" in question of which you speak will not be going down, and give this a consideration. That is why I am writing to you. Thank-you for your time and patience to read this, I took time out of my hard homework to tell you that. Thank-you, once again, for listening!

Do not hesistate to write back!

Love,
Chrissy

That was my letter to a person. Remember this was written while I was a bit upset.

Guess what this older person's reply was?

#1 You should be doing your homework
#2 I believe in Humilty. It is WRONG.
#3 End of discussion.
# 4 Go to bed

[B]Humility isn't saying " I am right. You are wrong"

End of discussion? That's what my dad says. Wow. This is fact of life. Dealt with by everyone. That's horrible. I am being a good citizen.

Age is just a number. From what it looks like, it seems like the person did not do anything productive with the blessed time given to her.

Goto bed? This person. Is unbelievable. I am not a little girl.

However, she does not affect me. I am just showing
everybody how uninformed someone can truly be, not by their opinion, but their attitude and reaction to others about it.[/B]

Love,
Chrissy

Then she replies to what I just said ( the above ) and says :

I am simply a good person.[/QUOTE]

^My quote ^

Not if you are gay.

I am straight. But I take offense to that. I'm sorry if this offends anyone. You can delete this thread, since nobody is answering. This is more of a vent.

Tink,
Whats going on here? Is someone PM'ing you these things?

I wrote the message that you see with the dear___ and love, chrissy. that's me. and the lady wrote back saying the # 1 goto bed and stuff like that. i just found that very offending. then i replied back to her, saying the things i said in bold on this post. she said i am not a good person if i am gay. sorry. i am just repeating what offended me. I have alot of bi-sexual and gay friends and it hurts me for people to talk like that. I know it is life. But doesn't everyone agree that is just horrible?

I think it's irresponsible to post Private Messages in a PUBLIC forum. I'm sorry she hurt your feelings.

First, to i_heart_tinkerbell...I do agree with you that this person seems like a close-minded individual who is afraid of things that he/she does not understand. Anyone who can generalize and just say "You are not a good person if you are gay" is obviously confused about what it takes to be a good person. I think that there are some people who choose not to educate themselves about the very people they choose to blindly judge and ridicule. Shame on them! :sad2:

And to robinb, I don't agree with you that this post is irresponsible. The OP did not use any names but her own. She was just venting in a place she thought she might get some understanding, pointing out that there are ignorant people out there, and some with whom you can't even try to reason. Nothing wrong with that.

i_heart_tinkerbell, good for you for standing up for what you believe, and for trying to share love and understanding instead of hate and judgement! Keep your convictions! You have a good heart! :goodvibes
-Christal

ChrizJen said:
First, to i_heart_tinkerbell...I do agree with you that this person seems like a close-minded individual who is afraid of things that he/she does not understand. Anyone who can generalize and just say "You are not a good person if you are gay" is obviously confused about what it takes to be a good person. I think that there are some people who choose not to educate themselves about the very people they choose to blindly judge and ridicule. Shame on them! :sad2:

And to robinb, I don't agree with you that this post is irresponsible. The OP did not use any names but her own. She was just venting in a place she thought she might get some understanding, pointing out that there are ignorant people out there, and some with whom you can't even try to reason. Nothing wrong with that.

i_heart_tinkerbell, good for you for standing up for what you believe, and for trying to share love and understanding instead of hate and judgement! Keep your convictions! You have a good heart! :goodvibes
-Christal

ITA on all points!

To the OP, I'm sorry you had to deal with this twit, but I give you credit for trying to fight the good fight. A lot of people don't even try anymore.

I don't think it was irresponsible or inappropriate to post the message text here. Regardless of the name "private" message, I don't see any expectation of confidentiality and I would never send a PM that I didn't want seen by the general public. The OP was kind enough to remove names, and I hardly think the person deserved the courtesy...

pearlieq said:
I don't think it was irresponsible or inappropriate to post the message text here. Regardless of the name "private" message, I don't see any expectation of confidentiality and I would never send a PM that I didn't want seen by the general public. The OP was kind enough to remove names, and I hardly think the person deserved the courtesy...

I also don't say anything in a PM that I do not want to be aired in public like the OP just did. Once bitten, twice shy. FWIW, in no way do I agree with the person who PM'd the OP, but the person did indeed deserve the courtesy of having words written in a PRIVATE MESSAGE (that's what PM stands for, after all) copied onto a PUBLIC board. If the OP doesn't want to read anymore garbage from the sender of the PM then she can just add that poster to her "ignore" list.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

So far we've only heard one side to this story and a knee jerk reaction to take the "offended" party's side has already happened. Unless I could see all the corrospondence and remarks leading up to that I have no idea the truth behind the facade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter